LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Berillac

Lieutenant slayer deeds...

Hi all,

I happened across a neat way to really bump up the number of kills of Lts for the slayer deed.

In the Rescue at Nurz Gashu skirm, when your way is blocked by the Tornachs, do not hit them when the Ranger has found the weak spot. He will tell you that you are too late, and to defend him again while he finds another weak spot. You can do this 4 or 5 times for each Tornach, and kill a Lieutenant each time. It made a big difference in how fast I achieved the slayer deeds, and all those lovely 500 SM rewards.

If this is common knowledge, then I apologise, and you should just move on. d;)b

• Upvote 1

I had three lieut slayer deeds complete during one skirmish last week, a very nice surprise which went into paying for a scroll of empowerment.

It's a perfectly good idea; it just depends on what you're trying to achieve. If you're after deed completion, yes; if you're after SM's/hr, I think it's probably not as efficient as just going through as fast as possible & then re-running it.

The two quickest skirm's to run are Dannenglor (just avoid the 2nd & 3rd counter-attacks; let the NPCs die) & The Rift. I'm told, with a fully specced soldier, it's possible to do the former in under 5 minutes (my best is just over 7, but the alts I use are secondaries who are not full-spec & neither are their soldiers); the Rift I've done in about 8:00-8:30, I think. I believe it's possible to get well over 1,000 SM/hr, despite the fact you only get the daily quest the first time.

It is a good idea, but I still think rerunning instances is faster and more efficient, because it also delivers the skirmish marks.

I agree, its not the most efficient way to grind SM's. But with 500SM's for completing the deeds, its not too bad at all, if you, like I was, are close to completing several of the slayer deeds.

Agreed. For deeds it's good. For SM/hr I prefer grinding Thorog.

15-20 Minutes per run -> ~4000-5000 SM/hr.

It'd be great if the Leuitenants from bigger group skirmishes also appeared in solo, because i've got loads for whom I haven't even completed the 5-kill deed.