LOTROCommunity

Wildstar is merging servers & taking the "MEGA Server" route

LasraelLarson

I don't understand why they didn't do mega-servers from the start. Unless you are going to have things like open-world housing, there's no reason not to.

this was a company that had some ideas from the start, but on the whole picture, they just seemed unsure of themselves on.

regardless of the fact that i do not like this game personally...

the above seems to be a good decision & one that will make their existing base happy.  and early camera issues in the linked video aside, the message delivery was well done.

& if the existing players are happy, that more then anything else is the environment to grow from.

& this proactive move, whilst has the potential to upset those who are upset by pretty much anything & everything...  i think this will be positive for the game on the whole.  does show a company that is still trying in areas that actually matter.

• 2 weeks later...

and perhaps the merge was for other reasons?

Layoffs hit Wildstar

been keeping an eye on their forums, etc.

seems with 4 megaservers, (1 EU PvP & 1 EU PvE, & 1 NA PVP & 1 NA PvE...)  there has been issues with max exodus from the PVP servers to PvE servers on both sides of the pond, with recruitment being the main issue/cause.

given the immediate layoffs following the structural changes to Wildstars server set up...  one wonders if it was a move solely intended to improve player experience?

anyway, of all NCsoft West, only Arenanet (GW & GW2 developers) was unaffected by the staff reductions.

I'll report back from final fantasy soon.. end of the day, takes someone with a love for anime-style art to truly test it objectively then report back to the cringers "how good is it as far as wow-clones go" =P  That's oldschool subscription model =P