LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Tinker

Update 15 Beta 3 Release Notes

Tybur 
user-offline.pngQuality Assurance

Turbine, Inc.

Join Date Jun 2011 Posts 2
The following release notes are for the Bullroarer public test server only and may not reflect the final list of changes or updates included at release.

These notes are not final and should be viewed as a work in progress and subject to change.

The Eyes and Guard Tavern is open! Please note that you will not be able to advance class and race traits for Beornings in the tavern at this time.

Important Note: Given the scope of this update please be aware that the build you are seeing here is a work in progress and is by no means the finished Update 15 product. There are many items that are not yet complete or present in what you are seeing. There may also be items missing from this initial release notes list; this is not intentional and the list will be updated as we progress. 

For this round of testing we would particularly appreciate feedback on Beorning combat (across all levels; in groups or solo) and the Pelargir Epic battle.

Please note that we did not perform a character wipe for this round of testing, so you may continue where you left off or create a new character. However significant changes were made to Beorning appearances so please feel free to at least look at those new looks in character generation.

The following list is the changes in this patch.

• Quest: In Sight of the Bitter Stair can now be completed after a player starts the Helegrod Instance

• Slaying Orcs in the Dead Marshes no longer counts towards the Orc-slayer of West Gondor deed.

• Instance: Roots of Fangorn: - Lowered the total morale for Frushkul and Gurthul.

• Fixed the placement of the Cracked Wall in 'The Fall of Moria'

• Fangorn - Derndingle - Crafting instances: Canceling a quest puts the quest on a 5 minute cooldown timer.

• Fangorn - Derndingle - Crafting instances: Side quests will now complete after the main quest completes.

• Yule Festival - Bard & Thespian Theatre meta-deeds: now can always be completed. Note: If you have the Thespian meta-deed currently in-progress you will have to play each part in the play again.

• Bundle of the Giver now binds the items it generates to the character that opens it.

• Hytbold - All rebuild quests only require 1 token, except for the initial Mead Hall rebuild.

• Reduced damage output on all Pelargir battle epic foes and Pelargir epic foes now have more reasonable amounts of health.

• Hooked up appearances for Beorning NPCs.

• Additional polish for IV.2.2 and IV.2.3.

• You can no longer mark yourself as auto-fellow.

• Lua - Added the "bridle" slot to the GetEquipment object and fixed a crash that would result on unloading plugins after calling GetEquipment.

• Lua - fixed the Listbox Sort method to correctly update the internal item array so that you can continue working with the listbox after sorting it.

• Lua - fixed a situation where SetBackground call could crash if passed in an unsupported image format

• Beorning: 

- Shape shift should now consume 3 wrath every 3 seconds instead of every 1 second. This should increase the time the player gets to remain in bear form.

- Bee Swarm should now have a 20m range.

- Various contributions from the primary stats have been modified. Might now contributes 6 points to Tactical Mastery (up from 2), 8 points to Physical Mastery (up from 6), and 3 points to Parry (up from 2). Agility now contributes 6 points to Physical Mastery (up from 4). Vitality now contributes 5 points to Morale (up from 3). Fate now contributes to in-combat morale regeneration.

- Encouraging Roar should now properly heal other players. 

- Sacrifice should no longer require facing. 

- Both marks should now remain on their target as long as you are within 40m of them.

- Fixed issue with Honey Cleanse removing the PDFW Cleanse from the skill when the trait is unlocked.

- Beornings can now participate in Fellowship Maneouvres

- Beorning heals should no longer require facing.

- Resolved an issue where heals were not properly pulling the characters critical chance.

- Sacrifices VFX should no longer remain on the bear until they switch forms. 

- Resolved an issue with Grimbeorn's Strength that was causing Sacrifices re-direct effect to not listen to the player toggling the skill on and off.

• Mounted Combat Beorning:

- Sixth Sense was not properly applying its group buff. This has been fixed.

- Many skills awarded in the MC trait trees were unable to execute. These have been resolved.

- Some buffs and debuffs were using placeholder icons, these should now correspond to their skill icons.

- Fixed issue where Red Dawn Ferocious Roar was not properly causing your next skill to critically hit.

- Fixed issue with Bee Swarm debuffing Tactical Mitigation in Red Dawn instead of Physical Mitigation. 

- Biting Edge should now properly be an AoE instead of single target.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?557789-Update-15-Beta-3-is-now-available!

Hytbold change sounds good to me at least.  

Wondering what the significant changes to the Beornings appearances are.  Now that I've already applauded Turbine for the tattoos and the sturdy female body types...

Well I peeked at the Beorning appearance options for Beta 3...and IMO it's ghastly. I truly hope this is some kind of Halloween prank from Turbine to it's beta testers. The female hair options were so atrocious I can only surmise that either someone's elementary school child got into the design software or Turbine is trolling the players. Yikes!

Yep, I remember being in RoR beta and hearing the orgasmic sounds that my own toon would make when she did (incredibly sexy?) things like deconstruct LI's or open a loot box. It really did sound like an adult film in the Eyes and Guard Tavern. So, maybe these hair 'styles' are just another practical joke...if not, I predict they'll lose some customers from sheer visual pollution.

Well I peeked at the Beorning appearance options for Beta 3...and IMO it's ghastly. I truly hope this is some kind of Halloween prank from Turbine to it's beta testers. The female hair options were so atrocious I can only surmise that either someone's elementary school child got into the design software or Turbine is trolling the players. Yikes!

I've toyed with the beta and after being frustrated with the look of my Beorn I simply hit random.

I made a file showing the current available female Beorning hairstyles: 

https://beorninghairstylesu15beta3.shutterfly.com/

Here is one example of front and back views:

10612739.jpg

kd-lang_features.jpg

is that KD lang?

Seems that they are releasing the Beorning incomplete and will add more to it later. So if you buy it beware

Yes, we purposefully left each tree at 51 ranks instead of 53 as we plan to add some more to the class over the next update. We figured it would be best to let the class go out into the live environment and let players offer their opinions and thoughts on cool ideas to add to each line. This way, we leave some room to grow instead of having to take away in the future.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?&postid=7257082#post7257082

So Turbine™ started to use early access business model?

Just when you thought Turbine™ couldn't sink any lower...

Started? No. Admitting it? Yes.

Wondering what the significant changes to the Beornings appearances are.  Now that I've already applauded Turbine for the tattoos and the sturdy female body types...

Big racks, slim hips, and bearskin bikinis!

It's not just Beornlings, all turbine's character models are hideously out dated.

I've toyed with the beta and after being frustrated with the look of my Beorn I simply hit random.

is that KD lang?

I do believe so, yes. ;) And honestly, everytime I see the Beorning females the song "Big Boned Gal" by k.d. lang goes through my mind...

http://youtu.be/HRP0lfBMsUM

We figured it would be best to let the class go out into the live environment and let players offer their opinions and thoughts on cool ideas to add to each line. This way, we leave some room to grow instead of having to take away in the future.

-Jinjaah

I"m sure the players who offered their "opinions and thoughts on cool ideas" in the official housing and festival suggestions threads will be thrilled to offer even more.

Huh, they've really run out of things to string players along with. "We're charging you for a hamburger so here's a slice of pickle, keep supporting our business and maybe you'll get a sprinkle of lettuce and half a bun next quarter."

• Upvote 2

We figured it would be best to let the class go out into the live environment and let players offer their opinions and thoughts on cool ideas to add to each line. This way, we leave some room to grow instead of having to take away in the future.

-Jinjaah

I"m sure the players who offered their "opinions and thoughts on cool ideas" in the official housing and festival suggestions threads will be thrilled to offer even more.

Huh, they've really run out of things to string players along with. "We're charging you for a hamburger so here's a slice of pickle, keep supporting our business and maybe you'll get a sprinkle of lettuce and half a bun next quarter."

Oh, that's called "We are so low on resources and creativity and can't even lure enough beta testers in because we chased all the good ones out with Helm's Deep that we're resorting to beta testing on the remaining live-server player population." Except that "Oh wait, we've done beta-on-live before, so we're just screwing with you now." Everyone remembers Instance Finder version 1 on live, right? Right.

Tons of good suggestions on the OF, but Turbine ignored the ones that would have mattered for long-term retention. Like LI revamping, housing revamping, etc.

BS is still BS. :/

No! You can't criticise Turbine! There are people who still play and it would traumatise them to see this. After all, they are being forced to come here and read these threads. Won't someone pleeeeease think of the children?!

• Upvote 3

No! You can't criticise Turbine! There are people who still play and it would traumatise them to see this. After all, they are being forced to come here and read these threads. Won't someone pleeeeease think of the children?!

The game is rated T, so no kids should be playing :P

cracker-signs.jpg

• Upvote 1