LOTROCommunity

Add another layer of tinfoil to your hat, then check this out. :)

Just so y'all know, I'm posting this link mostly for entertainment purposes.  I'll get to why "mostly" in a minute.

When looking around for news, I visit a lot of different websites and forums. Some I post on, some I don't. The link below comes from a forum I file under "Tinfoil Nation" for reasons you'll see quickly enough. There's enough bullshit there to have its own emoticon, as well as a sometimes embarrassing level of paranoia and racism. 

So why do I lurk there? Simple. Gold panning is popular where I live in Georgia, and in order to get the shinies, you have to dig through a hell of a lot of muck. Sometimes it pays off. That was where I first read of the EAS false alarm Friday morning that locked down people's TV's and it turned out that was for real. A silly and probably very expensive mistake for that morning show host, but it was true.

So this evening I was doing my usual browsing and ran across this rather hysterical thread. Forget a grain of salt, just bring the whole damn box:

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2678983/pg1

As you can see, even the regulars there are having some trouble buying the OP's story. I expect that's all it is, but the reason I'm posting a link to the thread here is #2 on his list:

2. If you play online games which install something called Pando media booster, beware of saying anything politically motivated online. Let's just say our systems enjoy the acceleration of your consent here.

I seem to recall some uneasiness here when the Pando booster was introduced for LOTRO. Some of you probably remember more than me, but I found that interesting.

The rest sounds like it's right out of The X-files. So if I disappear after posting this, send Mulder after me. Please.

B-)

So... it's OK to send Mulder but not Scully? That's just so misogynist...

I didn't know a woman could be misogynist. But she'd tag along anyway, just to see if she could prove him wrong.   ;)

I guess that's where that poster got that idea, androclese. I don't use Pando myself, but as I get GW2 ads following me everywhere on the 'net, I assume something is tracking me.

B)

Well, I'm sure all of you have figured out by now that this website is merely a front for a combined CIA/NSA taskforce aimed at finding dissidents in the online gaming world, so I wouldn't exactly call all of his claims rubbish.

That was hard enough to type up without laughing btw..

Heh Muer.... considering toddlers at airports sometimes pop up on the "possible terrorist" list which usually results in one terrified kid, one justifiably hysterical mother, and one father actively suppressing ancestral bashing and strangling instincts because he's no use to his kid spending 20 years in jail...... 

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised ... after all... 

The biggest lunatics are in the White House, Congress, Senate, Pentagon, CIA, NSA, FBI, TSA, DEA, Wall Street (these have a special lunacy, a goldlust as purely fanatical as the bloodlust in ISIL's craziest sorts) ... and their global counterparts in pretty much every goddamn nation... commonly known as "the 1%", "the elite", and such.

Sure, bunch of them are Illuminati, Masons, Opus Dei, and such.  Then again, we're Loremasters, Hunters, Runekeepers..... no magic or crystal energies there, just people being silly for entertainment purposes.

It's really about the money.  All the conspiracies et hoc... twist them how you want.. it's about the money.  Not becoming rich... but seeing just how incredibly obscenely rich they can become and them some... then some more... MORE!!! =)

You're also not in charge of a nation =P

You want a lovely and well-executed conspiracy?

In maaaany countries... social security.  You get a chunk of your salary discounted every month, when you're sick govt' put some of that money into hospitals for you.  Govt' adminsters that money, makes it grow, so there's a planned for leftover which is your retirement fund bassed on how much you earned average over your lifetime.

Suddenly that system "has to go because it's draining the budget" ... yyyyyeah..... because that money was a gift, and was definitely funded by taxes being higher for the richer folks and not those who get up at 5am, force a shit out, stuff a random breakfast, commute 2hrs, build someone's pyramid, go home, stuff dinner into his face, and go to sleep around 10pm if lucky.

We all know that.  Know where it's a brilliant conspiracy?  Those fuckers manage to stay in office year in year out because people believe in them because "He's from my party!!".   Democracy, ladies and gentlemen.

Give me a good cue I'll tell you about the other sister conspiracy: abolishing slavery.

Well, I'm sure all of you have figured out by now that this website is merely a front for a combined CIA/NSA taskforce aimed at finding dissidents in the online gaming world, so I wouldn't exactly call all of his claims rubbish.

Does that mean Sapience was working for them too?

:O

Sapience works for La Migra, actually.

In his "free time" he infiltrates websites and forums set up by immigrants to help newcomers adjust better....... poses as yet another immigrant, and works his way up to moderator.

Few weeks later, you got hundreds if not thousands of immigrants angrily returning to their countries because "Those gringos turn people into total assholes".

(Edit: That's why Turbine used my "South American ISP" as an excuse for their lag... force of habit)

• Upvote 1

I was under the impression that if you had Panda Media Booster you need to get rid of it ASAP as they no longer produce it and someone else now has the rights to it and is using it for nefarious means (advertising, data collection etc.).

So, they're using it for the same purposes Pando was? :)

You're also not in charge of a nation =P

You want a lovely and well-executed conspiracy?

In maaaany countries... social security.  You get a chunk of your salary discounted every month, when you're sick govt' put some of that money into hospitals for you.  Govt' adminsters that money, makes it grow, so there's a planned for leftover which is your retirement fund bassed on how much you earned average over your lifetime.

Suddenly that system "has to go because it's draining the budget" ... yyyyyeah..... because that money was a gift, and was definitely funded by taxes being higher for the richer folks and not those who get up at 5am, force a shit out, stuff a random breakfast, commute 2hrs, build someone's pyramid, go home, stuff dinner into his face, and go to sleep around 10pm if lucky.

We all know that.  Know where it's a brilliant conspiracy?  Those fuckers manage to stay in office year in year out because people believe in them because "He's from my party!!".   Democracy, ladies and gentlemen.

Give me a good cue I'll tell you about the other sister conspiracy: abolishing slavery.

Now I wanna play Deus Ex again