LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Trilwych

Autumn Harvest festival (Halloween)

In the patch notes for today, will start on Thursday (which means I will NOT be immediately participating because the crowdlag will probably be amazing):

The spoils of Autumn Harvest are back! The festivities begin at 3:30 PM server time on 10/30/14, and they run until 3:30 PM on 11/13/14!

Your favourite activities are back: portals to the Realm Of Autumn Harvest, Halloween rifts, and the Black Garden Monster Mash!

On the store you'll find Armored Nightmare Lock Boxes-- containing the mount of its name-- and Autumn Harvest Grab Bags, full of new costume weapons, two new masks, and the masks of years previous!

Plus, new Minions will make an appearance: Scythe, Necrawler, and Azumel! Send them on special Harvest Adventures to reap the most candy of all.

A note on the bolded. I'm rather positive these are the RNG lockboxes, which means there's a SMALL CHANCE for the mount, so don't bother unless you enjoy the gamble. Bad wording is bad, Trion.

I'll update this with links to guides that will invariably pop up later.

Well, server time is PST...

I double-checked the patch notes, which still says the same thing, and there's a current thread on the OF about lack of repeatable questage or something, so I think it's up now. :) (I can't login to check, though.)

Thx Tril. I finally figured out game time was PST when I'd checked again. Doh!

Finished the first round of quests I could find with my main. I'll have to read the guide to see if I'm missing something.

So minions are companions that give you some kind of buff? I saw a couple in the store.

I'd like to get the chapel dimension item and maybe the cauldron.

Thank you once again for the links. I'll look at them today. :)

Thx Tril. I finally figured outfit was PST when I'd checked again. Finished the first round of quests I could find with my main. I'll have to read the guide to see if I'm missing something.

So minions are companions that give you some kind of buff? I saw a couple in the store.

I'd like to get the chapel dimension item and maybe the cauldron.

Thank you for the links. I'll look at them today. :)

I have a spare swinging cauldron I'll send your way. :P

Minions are a new card-like mini-game. It actually deserves its own thread, I suppose...

Nice! I've only managed to do one festival minion adventure (the 10-hr card) and it gave me a dim item, temp weapon enchants, some currency (forgot which). It takes a while to accumulate the necessary adventurine to do the 10-hr missions, though, since I only have two slots.