LOTROCommunity

Update 15 tomorrow

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At first, I thought it was a bad idea to launch Update 15 tomorrow. But I think the fraction of the player base that still remains in the game isn't very picky about quality at this point.   Central

It doesn't matter what team someone claims to be batting for. It's one thing to simply take a break from a forum and another to "leave" while tossing direct insults, only to come back later and act as

This comment comes to you from 2011 (or earlier).

Speaking of U15, did anyone here watch the Twitch stream I think was on October 30(preview of U15)? I heard it was a huge cluster fuck & embarrassment for Turbine. Stream was not very organized from my understanding. I looked on there twitch channel & couldn't find the video so I don't know if it was up & they took it down.

Here is the full content of that livestream written out:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?544616-LOTRO-Livestreams-Notes-on-what-was-said&p=7258859#post7258859

tl;dr - a few posters' opinions of that stream:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?557994-URGENT-DONT-RELEASE-THE-BEORNING-CLASS-ON-5th-NOV&p=7259584#post7259584

I'm trying to remember, but... How long has Turbine been using Twitch as a PR medium? Did they really get into it only around the time they created the token "players council"? Which meant it was already too late (going forward with all slated changes posthaste, ignoring a majority of feedback).

In any case, while I'd generally agree that leaving an embarrassing Twitch video up would be bad PR, I thought Turbine Twitch videos had very low traffic as it was, so it wouldn't really matter either way.

Didn't you leave?

Bucko is welcome here, of course. He has been in the trenches in the other forum.

Good to see you still around, bucko. Even though we have disagreed before.

EDIT: adding this:

If we are running a pool my money is on Nosam.  those guys get along famously!

Yes, I clearly have annoyed bucko, Lord V. and Spiteful.  We disagree on a lot of things. 

I'm trying to remember, but... How long has Turbine been using Twitch as a PR medium? Did they really get into it only around the time they created the token "players council"? Which meant it was already too late (going forward with all slated changes posthaste, ignoring a majority of feedback).

In any case, while I'd generally agree that leaving an embarrassing Twitch video up would be bad PR, I thought Turbine Twitch videos had very low traffic as it was, so it wouldn't really matter either way.

Turbine was very late in the game with Twitch. And, nobody using twitch will care or ever see that video. You kind of follow good streamers for games you are interested in, and watch videos by good players. 

Bucko is welcome here, of course. He has been in the trenches in the other forum.

Good to see you still around, bucko. Even though we have disagreed before.

It doesn't matter what team someone claims to be batting for. It's one thing to simply take a break from a forum and another to "leave" while tossing direct insults, only to come back later and act as if nothing had happened. Same goes with Snowlock, who may say he's batting for whatever team, but insisted on insulting people here upon exit for not believing his sooper seekrit knowledge. Frankly I'd expect a mea culpa, especially in light of what we know about U15, but whatever; I suppose all of that just makes the crash-and-burn more amusing from afar. :P

As for Twitch---yeah, totally wasted opportunity, if they had leveraged it properly much earlier, but now I don't believe even the horrific quality of the U15 stream can harm anything further. The proof is in the pudding.

• Upvote 3

It's one thing to simply take a break from a forum and another to "leave" while tossing direct insults, only to come back later and act as if nothing had happened. Same goes with Snowlock, who may say he's batting for whatever team, but insisted on insulting people here upon exit for not believing his sooper seekrit knowledge. Frankly I'd expect a mea culpa, especially in light of what we know about U15, but whatever; I suppose all of that just makes the crash-and-burn more amusing from afar. :P

Yeah, I agree with you. If you come here and insult or fight with people, then people will remember that.

• Upvote 1

Sorry, just had to chime in here...I would have preferred they took 10 hours and delivered a quality product.

Did you see the list of known issues?  It's about as long as the actual release notes.  It's pathetic.  And that is coming from me :)

Ah well...it was a fool's hope in the end...

And nearly all the problems/bugs reported on BR forum or with /bug have been ignored (they even released the unique BB jewel with 1 slot and Will + Fate which drops for all classes !)

It was the last time that I was reporting some bugs, it is a time wasting... >:(

I figured they'd make a change to /world eventually based on the supposed increase to trolling after its implementation. I assumed it would be the like other f2p mmos and prevent you from using global till level 10 or something. Guess they decided a 3 hour lockout would suffice.

I doubt this would this be an improvement as those who are trolling are mainly using their alts. Plus, with mutiboxing being a thing, how hard would it be to fire up a new character and let him sit a few hours before you spam bomb?

I was amused at the Beorning thread that there are still Turbine white knighters out there.  I desperately want this game to pull out of the spiraling nosedive its in, but U15 only speeds up that nosedive.

Turbine is completely incompetent from the top to the bottom.  Like noted in that other thread. A fish rots from the head down.

Well, if appears that the game is finally giving my new system, which had little trouble managing the graphics load (plenty of resources, Intel HD graphics 2000 processor), a problem.  It seems that now, at random moments, when I try to enter or exit an instance or even get on a horse sometimes, the game will rapidly try to Alt+Tab back-and-forth between my desktop and the game.  Going to windowed mode (instead of my usual full screen) will alleviate that a little bit, but I still get the hitching that comes from the Alt+Tab attempts.

This fellow on LOTRO's facebook page seems to be having a similar problem.

Gordon Bennett, can't they just leave well enough alone?  Ah well, just more proof that Turbine's code is a higgledy-piggledy mass of rot.

Red part added by me.

This time I believe he called me delussional

He came back for this gem:

And this post where he says his exit is permanent.

Maybe he was having a bad day.  Judging by the O boards he's been having a couple of rough week. 

Even though he has insulted me many times I hold no ill will towards him.  We'll see how long before someone here pushes him back over that edge.

If we are running a pool my money is on Nosam.  those guys get along famously!

Maybe Snowlock can come back too and piss off some of our long time posters.  (Tui was his last victim)

Maybe he could tell us about those conversations he's had with Turbine, and we could possibly get some details of those conversations?  One can only hope........a fool's hope.

Some people are like herpies, you never truely get rid of them :)

They've called it an update.

Good, no persisting in calling something a hotfix when you take the servers down.

They did?  

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?558532-Scheduled-Server-Downtime-7-00-AM-12-00-PM-Eastern-(-5-GMT)-Monday-November-10th&p=7262653#post7262653

user-offline.pngCommunity Manager

Join Date Jul 2006 Location Westwood, MA Posts 638
Scheduled Server Downtime: 7:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) Monday, November 10th

The LOTRO Game Servers will be brought down on Monday, November 10th from 7:00AM - 12:00PM Eastern (-5 GMT) for a hotfix.Patch notes will be available during the downtime.Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Fix whatever was/is causing the "PreReqs Bug"

Hook up loot and/or mob respawn in the new BB, possibly in the other BB's and Instances/Raids with loot issues. If/when they fix the Symbol drops in Helegrod and OD I'd probably run a few T1's especially in OD and Erebor, I wouldn't be shocked for a return of T1 First Age Symbols.

Fix Lumul-Nar

Hook up Beorning gear at quartermasters, possibly focused in the early areas and Moria.

Music System issues

I'd guess 1 or 2 of those things.

The cynical smartass in me would say only one thing is important enough for a hotfix with such a quick response, from the Known Issues:

Mac - Yosemite - Players are unable to access the LOTRO Store

That can't be allowed to stand for long.

Well, if appears that the game is finally giving my new system, which had little trouble managing the graphics load (plenty of resources, Intel HD graphics 2000 processor), a problem.  It seems that now, at random moments, when I try to enter or exit an instance or even get on a horse sometimes, the game will rapidly try to Alt+Tab back-and-forth between my desktop and the game.  Going to windowed mode (instead of my usual full screen) will alleviate that a little bit, but I still get the hitching that comes from the Alt+Tab attempts.

If going to windowed mode fixes it, it's clearly your PC, the electrical wiring in your office, and your South American ISP.

(From OF:  "And it's not just Nvidia, my card is Intel HD Graphics 3000." )

If you're using either of those two brands, you may want to switch to something less obscure as those cards are rarely supported.

I updated my client this morning, but on trying to get into the game, it gets to about 28% in the pre-cacheing game logic and hangs my entire computer.  The only way to un-hang it is to hold down the power button until it turns off.

I'm putting it on a different drive to see if it makes a difference, but I don't have my hopes up.