LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Spidey

New update

I saw Tribulation's thread below this. So, things haven't improved and are getting worse? :/ And there was so much hype/hope for this...

Still waiting for the last veteran/champion update before I make up my mind.

Logged in and played a little yesterday, and felt better using 2-hander than before, which is nice. But once the Veteran system goes, Ill give it a proper try again.

Game didn't work out too well, huh?

Just bored with it, it's been 7 months. Started playing Rift again, it's the only game other than LOTRO that feels like home, probably be bored with it in a few months, I guess this is how things are in the F2P world.

I'll go back to ESO when it goes F2P, which I still think will happen. I may resub when the finally figure out what the cap is or will be.

New crafting dailies, costs in material is extremely high for the reward you get, wouldn't waste my time with it again.

I hate to say it since I sound like the anti-raiders in LOTRO, but ESO needs solo end game activities, right now there is absolutely nothing to do solo at cap.

.....and still no console version, I doubt there ever will be at this point.

Just bored with it, it's been 7 months. Started playing Rift again, it's the only game other than LOTRO that feels like home, probably be bored with it in a few months, I guess this is how things are in the F2P world.

I'll go back to ESO when it goes F2P, which I still think will happen. I may resub when the finally figure out what the cap is or will be.

New crafting dailies, costs in material is extremely high for the reward you get, wouldn't waste my time with it again.

I hate to say it since I sound like the anti-raiders in LOTRO, but ESO needs solo end game activities, right now there is absolutely nothing to do solo at cap.

.....and still no console version, I doubt there ever will be at this point.

I think these two are pretty inter-linked.

They have been pushing the multiplayer stuff first, knowing that PC MMO players usually plays in duos/groups. When the console version comes, Im sure we will se lots of solo-friendly updates, since console players are probably less MMO-ish

This will ofcourse create an uproar from the groupers :D

More like "MMO" world; raiders get bored in an annual cycle depending on how progression is laid out, but I know some raiders end up getting bored a couple months after getting all the world/server firsts because that's when the rep/whatever grind sets in.

Not "anti-raider." I'd say a solid MMO must have both solo/group endgame content of some kind, including player-generated. Even when raiding in WoW, our guildmembers had other things to do on their own. In Rift, it might be PvP, crafting, dimensions, chronicles...

• Upvote 1

It's pretty bad when the end game for the bulk of the players is raiding up in Craglorn and killing the same bugged boss over and over ad nauseam to get to cap. You can get a few VR levels in a few hours instead of days.

I did the Thief grind, absolutely mind-numbingly boring and the Fang grind, at least that grind requires you to move around that map a bit.

The sad thing is in many ways the game is fantastic. The combat system, which I hated at first, I grew to love and miss it in other games. The quests and the storyline for the most part is good.

I completed the main story, started the Vet content and got bored. Not logged in in months. The whole other people will see you as a different race whilst doing the other area's content is not convincing and doesn't feel like progression.

Hi guys.

I hear ya.  Things just keep going all over the place development wise.  I am still wondering if we will ever see spellcrafting anytime before spring, let alone what the Champion system will be like fully fleshed out.  As is, they already borked the VP to XP transition so if you are still leveling, you get screwed till this is fixed and who knows when that will be.  I also think Craglorn was a total snooze fest and the grouping for it completely sucked...and they did not balance anything out content wise by refusing to release any soloable stuff between v10-14...

That being said, are any of you guys trying the vet dungeons, the new Undaunted pleges, DSA, SO, or the old trials?  Is it that you don't have enough people or guildies? For me, the dungeons in this game are really the best thing about it, and DSA on vet mode has turned out to be really fun.  Not too sure if we will clear SO anytime soon but we are actively working on it.  I don't think you can really call any of this content "raiding" in the real sense we are used to, but on the other hand it at least challenging and the rewards are getting better.

They did a lot of things that made no sense in an online game. Their auction system is a joke of the worse sort. Thankfully you can sell your stuff to NPC vendors, but only a guilded player can sell something at one of the outlets (spread all over the place, with items available only at that guild vendor, so you spend a lot of time looking for no reason), independents are not allowed to sell their items to other players. It's a poor form of elitism and guild favoritism. No wonder the game is failing. Add to that they are breaking things constantly in attempts to balance PVP, when they could have simply turned off vamps and werewolves and fixed the main classes, then revamped (pun intended) to get those monster classes right. But of course everything they do in PVP screws PVE.

I had high hopes, but Zenimax turns out to be just another money grabbing spooge.

Never bothered with Vet content, and cancelled a couple months ago. I was trying to play a Nightblade dual wielder, and they kept breaking it. Finally I gave up and quit.

Isn't this their first attempt at an MMO? That might explain some nonsensical design decisions... I would hope they listen to feedback from the players, MOST of whom I'd expect had played more than one MMO.

Per the pvp vs pve balance screwing, that's a problem even Blizzard struggles to address, at least all the years I had played it. I don't know if any MMO has managed to find a way to balance one without screwing the other.

Their forums have the same problem as the official LOTRO forums did. A few asshats attacking anything that doesn't follow their vision. Intelligent discourse is not allowed if it touches their BABY.

And you could easily fix PVP and PVE by having different skills for each. Then when you mess with one, it doesn't touch anything else. Sure, twice as much work to do, but the end would actually justify the means in this case.

Isn't this their first attempt at an MMO? That might explain some nonsensical design decisions... I would hope they listen to feedback from the players, MOST of whom I'd expect had played more than one MMO.

Per the pvp vs pve balance screwing, that's a problem even Blizzard struggles to address, at least all the years I had played it. I don't know if any MMO has managed to find a way to balance one without screwing the other.

One of the things I think they have done amazingly well is the world building, story and immersion in the level 1 - 50 main content. Your actions literally change the landscape. It's not like other mmos where you save the town or an npc and they still look the same straight after, with the NPC still captured but no longer interactive for you. You actually feel like you are making a difference and changing the world and the decisions you make often result in certain towns looking completely different depending on your course of action. 

This I think is great is what one expects from a modern mmo. It's just a shame everything else is not quite right especially the lack of a universal AH and proper PC-like menus. 

One of the things I think they have done amazingly well is the world building, story and immersion in the level 1 - 50 main content. Your actions literally change the landscape. It's not like other mmos where you save the town or an npc and they still look the same straight after, with the NPC still captured but no longer interactive for you. You actually feel like you are making a difference and changing the world and the decisions you make often result in certain towns looking completely different depending on your course of action. 

This I think is great is what one expects from a modern mmo. It's just a shame everything else is not quite right especially the lack of a universal AH and proper PC-like menus. 

I agree with you, the world building and immersion was done very well, and the combat system is great, even though I hated it at first.