LOTROCommunity

U15 Hotfix 1 Release Notes.

LordVorontur

Looks like they spread out the fixes to cover different corners without going all out, so I imagine there will definitely be another hotfix or something in December.

A couple item/loot fixes, cosmetic fixes, small mechanics fixes, some quest fixes, a music fix.

More likely they react to the music system that was changed without testing by saying "we fixed it", while actually fixing just one cherry-picked issue and pretending that's all there was as far as new problems are concerned.

Correcting one note is also likely to involve only a sound file change and no code changes.

Which supports the theory that the broken sound changes came from a now fired developer and nobody knows how to fix his/her code or even take all the bad changes back out.

Which supports the theory that the broken sound changes came from a now fired developer and nobody knows how to fix his/her code or even take all the bad changes back out.

Oh yeah. That's nearly the entirety of the LotRO codebase situation now, huh. I'm not sure about the specific timing of the latest layoffs vis-a-vis U15 Beornings---are Beornings now a victim of losing devs and falling into that trap? Hrm.

I'm not sure about the specific timing of the latest layoffs vis-a-vis U15 Beornings---are Beornings now a victim of losing devs and falling into that trap? Hrm.

Jinjaah seems to be the catch-all dev regarding multiple classes' issues (at least, who still communicates). But from the scarce pinch of blue-name posts seen in U15 beta, and scarcer pinch of barely any classes getting any attention this release (well, beside the beorning), it may well be that the days of one designated dev per 2-3 classes is well gone. Who else among the class devs has been accounted for after the latest layoff round, beside Jinjaah?

The unfinished state of beorning at launch could be just that, a work in progress being interrupted/abandoned mid-beta - or even earlier.

Several of those items are almost certainly stuff they were working on during Beta. They just don't warrant a hotfix by Turbine. They usually only address things that prevent you from advancing in the game for hotfixes, other stuff like the dismounting/stance, NPC/Gear appearance, mobs with quest rings that shouldn't have them, gear with wrong stats etc. generally would never trigger a hot fix. That kind of stuff doesn't usually get a passover until the next patch, it looks like a short 15.1 Release Notes.

I only see two possibilities:

Several of these items are from the final push on Bullroarer that didn't make it live

or

Turbine just got a shit ton of new Devs and they fixed what might be a record number of things in a record amount of time

I know, but some Mac user on Snowbourn couldn't use the Store earlier this evening!

Might be possible the fix broke it for non-Yosemite users, heh.

i wouldn't put it past em... they fixed the two side-quests in the new bb but forgot to fix the final quest so it is still not possible to get a full platinum run .

The Mirrors of Lumul Nar instance is still broken... instead, bears have face paint now. Then again, hotfixes are for emergencies.

Haha, yes... "Hotfixes" should entirely be functional, but this is basically a mini-patch. Stupid Turbine. Spiteful's first possibility is really the only one (maybe second possibility is Snowlock's :P).