LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
cossieuk

Comic Book Films, Will We Get Sick Of Them

Yeah, I thought that was weird. They're mutants, so now Marvel has mutants in the cineverse? Specifically, a second-rate Flash and an uninteresting character (though, to be fair, there aren't many interesting mutant characters).

Quicksilver was great in Days of Future Past. The scene in the kitchen while rescuing Magneto was the best in the entire film

Quicksilver was great in Days of Future Past. The scene in the kitchen while rescuing Magneto was the best in the entire film

Agreed. That scene was the only reason to watch it. Even if it was flawed. But it's still no Speed Force shiz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXZWBJ-KKaU

Well, I for one am very happy that the bad spidermanning is coming to a stop.

I feel sorry for Emma Stone since in my mind I started associating her with the ruined Spiderman franchise.

Thoughts?

Batman looks pretty good. Not sure why they'd give him a sniper rifle, though. And Henry Cavill as Superman works. I just have a strong feeling this will be yet another failure of imagination or plot for DC.

I dont get the point of this film.  Batman and Superman should not be fighting in there first meeting.  There should have been a few more films with them building up to a big battle.  They could have done this after the Justice League films and had them butting heads in those films.

Also I an not sure that the tone of the films they are going for is going to work.  It looks like they are going to make the next series of DC films are going to be very dark and I dont see that working too well for Superman, Aquaman or Wonder Women, as they are more bright and up beat.

Seems to me that you are not fed up with Superhero blockbuster at all :*)

Not yet, but give it a few years and then we will see.  If the quality is kept high enough, and so far it has been on the Marvel side, then the more the merrier. 

Well, the Suicide Squad is going to suck absolute donkey balls. This is Jared Leto as (what is supposed to be) the Joker.

CDZbuEiUUAAtGQb.jpg

All hope is lost.

That picture was for the 75th anniversary of the Joker, I would be very surprised if all the tattoos were kept for the film.  

That picture was for the 75th anniversary of the Joker, I would be very surprised if all the tattoos were kept for the film.  

Hopefully they'll also remove the metal teeth, give him his weird smile, give him eyebrows and put some fucking clothes on him. He's the Joker; an insane criminal mastermind always two steps ahead of Batman. Not some excuse for a mental tattooed gang member.

Hopefully they'll also remove the metal teeth, give him his weird smile, give him eyebrows and put some fucking clothes on him. He's the Joker; an insane criminal mastermind always two steps ahead of Batman. Not some excuse for a mental tattooed gang member.

Some people also think they are trying to make this version of the Joker as different from Heath Ledger as they can since his was so good.  They might try a different root this time to stop any comparisons

Couldn't quote you, Frosty (apparently the video borks it up for me).

It looks like it has potential. But it also looks like too much Ryan Reynolds and not enough Deadpool. I'm afraid that the most we'll get is what's already been shown on that bridge with the cars.

However, anything has to be better than that recent 'Fant4stic' film. I'm so happy it bombed. After they decided to go for kid Fantastic 4 cast, ruined the voice of the Thing, destroyed what Doctor Doom looked like, and cast an interracial family for no reason, they went full retard and made a film that spends 50 minutes without any superpowers, then another 30 minutes of people saying 'they have powers, we can weaponise it', and then the last 5 or 10 minutes of some shit fight scene.

If directors are just going to start making shit films in the hopes of setting up a larger world, that world is going to collapse. Just like Amazing Spider-Man 2 failed because they were trying to copy Marvel and set up spin-off films.

I dont understand why we keep getting origin stories for characters that we know.  By all means give us an origin story for Ant man or Dr Strange as many people dont know who they are, but dont give us another origin story when people have seen one before.  Just get into the film.

Thankfully the next Spiderman film, now part of MCU, will not be an origin but will instead go with the assumption people that are watching a comic book film know who Spiderman is.

As for Deadpool, I hope it is good, it seems to have some good comedy.  I like the piss taking of The Green Lantern.  I also like that they are making it an 18 and not some crap PG 13.  We dont get much in the way of comic book films that are not for young kids so hopefully it works and we can get some different type of comic book films.

Thankfully the next Spiderman film, now part of MCU, will not be an origin but will instead go with the assumption people that are watching a comic book film know who Spiderman is.

That's mostly because Spider-man will be in the next Captain America film. Apparently he starts off with a rough, home-made costume that he fights crime in and then Tony Stark gives him a tidier costume as a thank you for helping him. So his standalone will be after the Civil War film.

But my biggest concern is who they picked to play Spider-man. Tom Holland doesn't look up to the part. An origins Spidey, maybe. Peter Parker was just a skinny little nerd, after all. But for a Civil War Spidey? He's got to be a bit more seasoned. Honestly, if they just wanted Spider-man with no Peter Parker stuff, they hit the nail on the head with Andrew Garfield's one.

That's mostly because Spider-man will be in the next Captain America film. Apparently he starts off with a rough, home-made costume that he fights crime in and then Tony Stark gives him a tidier costume as a thank you for helping him. So his standalone will be after the Civil War film.

But my biggest concern is who they picked to play Spider-man. Tom Holland doesn't look up to the part. An origins Spidey, maybe. Peter Parker was just a skinny little nerd, after all. But for a Civil War Spidey? He's got to be a bit more seasoned. Honestly, if they just wanted Spider-man with no Peter Parker stuff, they hit the nail on the head with Andrew Garfield's one.

I think they went with someone younger as they intent for him to be around for a while yet.  There are many characters that will be gone from the MCU in the next few years after Infinity Wars.  Some of the actors are getting on a bit and will look weird playing the same characters as they will be too old.  

The X-Men Apocalypse cast is also full of younger actors, which in part is due to the setting of the film, but also allows for the same cast over the next 10 years.  They have Sophie Turner as Jean Grey and they are bring back Quicksilver.  I have high hopes for this film

The X-Men Apocalypse cast is also full of younger actors, which in part is due to the setting of the film, but also allows for the same cast over the next 10 years.  They have Sophie Turner as Jean Grey and they are bring back Quicksilver.  I have high hopes for this film

Oh god, I forgot about that travesty. Have you seen what Apocalypse is going to look like? It looks like Ivan Ooze from the Power Rangers film.

Oh god, I forgot about that travesty. Have you seen what Apocalypse is going to look like? It looks like Ivan Ooze from the Power Rangers film.

Not the best look, but then again people complained about how Quicksilver looked before they seen him in Days of Futures Past and he was one of the best things in the whole film, so I will wait and see how he is before judging him.

Also it could have been worse, look at what they did to Galactus in the Fantastic Four film, that was the worse idea ever in a comic book film

Not the best look, but then again people complained about how Quicksilver looked before they seen him in Days of Futures Past and he was one of the best things in the whole film, so I will wait and see how he is before judging him.

Also it could have been worse, look at what they did to Galactus in the Fantastic Four film, that was the worse idea ever in a comic book film

I much preferred the Avengers look for Quicksilver. Then again, DoFP was in the 70s or something, I suppose he would dress like a tool.

Galactus was a let down (they never even hinted at how powerful he is in the Marvel Universe), but it's one of those moments I was happy they didn't go for the look from the comic. He just looks so cheesy in his weird purple armour. This one would have been better:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-GC3pZ0jxmQ4/VMbnF5bntEI/AAAAAAAAChw/Lms9U6UTiWQ/w640-h400-p-k/15%2B-%2B1

I much preferred the Avengers look for Quicksilver. Then again, DoFP was in the 70s or something, I suppose he would dress like a tool.

Galactus was a let down (they never even hinted at how powerful he is in the Marvel Universe), but it's one of those moments I was happy they didn't go for the look from the comic. He just looks so cheesy in his weird purple armour. This one would have been better:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-GC3pZ0jxmQ4/VMbnF5bntEI/AAAAAAAAChw/Lms9U6UTiWQ/w640-h400-p-k/15%2B-%2B1

Anything would be better than a big swirling cloud.  

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

And now ... Civil War:

Is it just me or is there zero excitement in this trailer?

I got a little bit when I saw them double-teaming Iron Man (easy, not like that). But then it fizzled out pretty quick.

Still no unveiling of Spider-man just yet.