LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
cossieuk

Comic Book Films, Will We Get Sick Of Them

13 minutes ago, Doro said:

I got a little bit when I saw them double-teaming Iron Man (easy, not like that). But then it fizzled out pretty quick.

Still no unveiling of Spider-man just yet.

We did get a quick shot of Black Panther

I have high hopes for this film after the success of Winter Soldier.

Also I have just watched that trailer on my new 4K TV and the picture is just amazing.  I know the trailer is not 4K but the up scaling done on the TV does make a difference

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

And now ... Civil War:

Is it just me or is there zero excitement in this trailer?

I think the slow, plodding music they used makes it feel very dull.  Not sure what kind of tone they were going for here, but I agree, the overall effect is the opposite of exciting.

I'm looking forward to it though, I liked Winter Soldier and was underwhelmed by Ultron.

Hooray for the trailer revealing the whole damn plot of the film!

I'm severely disappointed in Lex Luthor and Doomsday.

1 hour ago, Doro said:

I'm severely disappointed in Lex Luthor and Doomsday.

@1:04 mins: Wtf? Is *he* playing Lex Luthor? Why not go ahead and hire Nicolas Cage? Also, terrible pun is terrible.

Sorry, no money from me. 

On 25/11/2015, 16:30:27, Doro said:

That is just the norm now

2 minutes ago, cossieuk said:

Why is the Cave Troll from Fellowship of The Ring playing Doomsday

I know, right? It's like the Abomination fucked one of Michael Bay's TMNTs.

Doomsday is one of the coolest looking villains in the DC Universe.  He is so easy to get right, even Smallville did it

3 minutes ago, Doro said:

I've got to say his costume looks awful. I've seen better cosplay versions.

I dont know, it is very much like the original costume, but with Deadpool eyes

Lets guess which hero will die in this film, cause you know one of them will. My guess is Scarlet Witch, which in turn leads to Vision leaving the planet, due to his feelings for her.  This will lead to him being in the next Guardians of the Galaxy film, so the Thonos can get the Mind Gem

16 hours ago, cossieuk said:

I dont know, it is very much like the original costume, but with Deadpool eyes

Lets guess which hero will die in this film, cause you know one of them will. My guess is Scarlet Witch, which in turn leads to Vision leaving the planet, due to his feelings for her.  This will lead to him being in the next Guardians of the Galaxy film, so the Thonos can get the Mind Gem

It's just how CG it looks. I was excited with the idea that he might appear in here first with a crappy suit like this:

NEhNnfycNlUmkp_1_1.jpg 

And then Stark makes him a better suit. The one we get in the trailer looks like a bit of a disconnect; it looks cheap on the material, but then it has high-tech eyes.

But that's a good shout with the Vision/GotG cross. I'm guessing that War Machine dies, and possibly Cap. There's been rumours for ages that Bucky will take Cap's place, but would they really do that before the Infinity Wars? No idea any more, considering they killed of Quicksilver.

Doesn't Sam Wilson (Falcon) take over as Cap for a while in the comics too?  I would be surprised if they killed him off before Infinity Wars too, but who knows anymore.  One thing people do for clues like that is check the actor's contract to see how many films they've been signed up for.  I have no idea, but once this Cap goes, that takes my interest in the rest of the series down several notches.

Dont think they are killing War Machine, that would be a stupid thing to show in the trailer.  As for Cap, my guess is he will die in the first Infinity Wars film.

Quick summary of the recent movies I've seen:

Deadpool

Spoiler

Lame jokes and a probably one of the most boring villains I've seen in a while.

Batman vs. Superman

Spoiler

Here's everything that happens in the first 120 minutes of the movie:

Batman thinks Superman abuses his power, Superman thinks Batman is a bully and Lex just wants to play around with some advanced technology.

The last 30 minutes are the battle you've seen in the trailer. The end.