LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Flubert

Shadows of Helms Deep

Just logged in after the new update. Just like with HD, I went from having my own unique char that I could play the way I liked, to now having to play it exactly as some dev wants me to. *sigh*

Just logged in after the new update. Just like with HD, I went from having my own unique char that I could play the way I liked, to now having to play it exactly as some dev wants me to. *sigh*

What have they changed this time? (I stopped playing after HD when they ruined my Champion and so don't keep up to date with their "updates" very often) 

• Upvote 1

What have they changed this time? (I stopped playing after HD when they ruined my Champion and so don't keep up to date with their "updates" very often) 

He's talking about SWTOR :P

• Upvote 1

I had a quick look on Tuesday night and none of the disciplines looked that great. It might just be me not remembering the base skills that well having not played in a few months, but I was a little disappointed.

On the plus side I found that I had enough cartel coins to buy the item to let you use purple items for my account, so this gives me less reason to resub when I get the expansion.

It helps reading which forum sub-section the thread is located in ;)

• Upvote 1

He's talking about SWTOR :P

Oops, sorry i didnt realize this was in the SWTOR thread. late night last night lol Regardless, if you feel the same anout SWTOR as most people did after HD then you have my sympathy. I'll never understand why these companies feel that radical changes are the best option moving forward. 

Oh. Right. I forgot to use that XP boost I would get from the expansion. I would be a new character player and would have to change everything right away.

Dodged a bullet by being too busy?

To be fair, it's probably easier from scratch, then you don't wonder what you lost ;)

I was actually considering downloading this over christmas, I guess I will wait a while longer for the fallout to die down lol

I was actually considering downloading this over christmas, I guess I will wait a while longer for the fallout to die down lol

And you might as well.

There's some massive serverside lag issues going on atm.

• Upvote 1

And you might as well.

That sucks for you guys who play, but thank you for the tip. I'll wait until next year to try it now. 

And you might as well.

It was horrible yesterday, but I have not really had any lag on ToFN today.

As for the disciplines I'm also somewhat dissapointed. I don't mind the skill trees are gone, but I think the implementation of Disciplines (and especially the new "shares cooldown with skill X" skills) is really bad.

Every time I respec I find myself having to rearrange my skillbars, which is really annoying.

To be fair, it's probably easier from scratch, then you don't wonder what you lost ;)

No what I meant if I had used the thanksgiving weekend up binge-level a character then I would have to change it right away. I ended up killing electric zombie nazis in Wolfenstein instead :)

What's the deal with SWTOR XP boosts now, are they over?

Oops, sorry i didnt realize this was in the SWTOR thread. late night last night lol Regardless, if you feel the same anout SWTOR as most people did after HD then you have my sympathy. I'll never understand why these companies feel that radical changes are the best option moving forward.

I felt that way about a week after release of swtor to be honest :P

As for the disciplines I'm also somewhat dissapointed. I don't mind the skill trees are gone, but I think the implementation of Disciplines (and especially the new "shares cooldown with skill X" skills) is really bad.

Every time I respec I find myself having to rearrange my skillbars, which is really annoying.

I was lagging like a bastard on Makeb!

No what I meant if I had used the thanksgiving weekend up binge-level a character then I would have to change it right away. I ended up killing electric zombie nazis in Wolfenstein instead :)

What's the deal with SWTOR XP boosts now, are they over?

Yes.

How much have you had to spend training the skills you already used to have?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7841605#post7841605

In other words, they are basically taxing us for already having fully specced lvl 55's. On one of my chars I've already spent over a hundred thousand credits getting back skills I had already previous bought. This is absolutely ridiculous.

How much have you had to spend training the skills you already used to have?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7841605#post7841605

In other words, they are basically taxing us for already having fully specced lvl 55's. On one of my chars I've already spent over a hundred thousand credits getting back skills I had already previous bought. This is absolutely ridiculous.

On what class?

I think I had about 2 skills on my Watchman Sentinel to get back(there might be a bug, though)

On what class?

I think I had about 2 skills on my Watchman Sentinel to get back(there might be a bug, though)

My commando.

On that note, someone posted a comparison of mirror classes on the OF:

Commando training window at 55: http://i.imgur.com/L05Vj5U.jpg

Mercenary training window at 55: http://i.imgur.com/ogPNVwk.jpg

I can tell you my commando window had a heck of a lot more in than that.

If they would just refund money spent since the launch of 3.0 than this would be perfect.

Well they won't :D

I logged in briefly.

Based on what I saw, I think the new system is a lot better than the old one. My Level 55 Jedi Shadow tank is pretty much indistinguishable from before, as far as active and passive abilities.

Much more important, from my perspective, they have upgraded the UI to allow you to sort buffs and now use highlighting on the action bar to show when certain combat buffs are active.

This drove me nuts since beta, since a lot of the passives involve getting short-lived buffs that you have to consume in one way or another during the few seconds that they are active, and the original UI (prior to this expansion) made it extremely tedious trying to see those buffs come and go. That is a HUGE quality of life improvement, as far as I'm concerned.

I doubt I'll be spending much time playing SWTOR in the near future, but it's nice to see the UI *finally* fixed.