LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
SoDT

Are the servers back up yet?

from the official Turbine LoTRO facebook page:

The expected downtime for the EU servers is ~3 days. Our goal is to have the migration tool available ~24 hours prior to the servers returning.

well, well ... first it was 2-3 days, now it's 3 days already ... wait for it, I bet they give us yet another estimate ... and another ... and ... oh, well, we'll see. as long as the US comes back online asap, all is well. as they are the cream of the crop.

http://lotrocommunity.com/forum/calendar/1/event-4 for your conveniance :)

http://lotrocommunity.com/forum/calendar/1/event-4 for your conveniance :)

d;)b_O- Very nice CYA post there ;)

My launcher is patching.. my US launcher. I tried downloading a fresh copy. 530 KBps average. I want to use the bloody 120Mbps I have available!

My launcher is patching.. my US launcher. I tried downloading a fresh copy. 530 KBps average. I want to use the bloody 120Mbps I have available!

What's the character limit per post by the way? I feel like starting up an all new and shiny "Small history of server maintenance". Adding to and continuing the old one. Better do it right this time. :*)

It's never realistic speeds MueR :/

I have one of Talk Talk's 100 Mb packs ... well parents do :P

and 530 is probs at highest I get.

I don't even know 1 person that has over 550 top >.< give us our 100 MB!!!!!

Uhhh.... with cable those are realistic speeds. I get >15MB/s on usenet on a connection similar to MueR's...

Always depends on the serving side, too, I guess?

How's Steam on that account? I just cancelled my 16MBit DSL and am mighty tempted to subscribe to a 100MBit cable next month. Just about half the price (a third in the first year). B)

Not worth a thing if the hosters can't feed such speeds though...

Uhhh.... with cable those are realistic speeds. I get >15MB/s on usenet on a connection similar to MueR's...

I'm trying to remember what we have ... it's defo not DSL ... what other's are they lmao might even be cable can't remember atm

Always depends on the serving side, too, I guess?

How's Steam on that account? I just cancelled my 16MBit DSL and am mighty tempted to subscribe to a 100MBit cable next month. Just about half the price (a third in the first year). B)

Not worth a thing if the hosters can't feed such speeds though...

Depends on time of day and server. At times I'm downloading with about 10 megabytes per second, at other times it's only 1 megabyte per second. Switching steam download server helps occasionally.

Depends on time of day and server. At times I'm downloading with about 10 megabytes per second, at other times it's only 1 megabyte per second. Switching steam download server helps occasionally.

HOW! ?

O.O

HOW! ?

O.O

He's not in the UK, would be your first clue. This country is like so behind the times when it comes to Broadband speeds it's frightening. Never mind the backbone.

BT are just now rolling out fibre in selected areas. Virgin Media's used fibre optics for 2-3 years now.

What LV said :P The Netherlands is probably the most (or among the top-3) advanced country in Europe in terms of internet access and speed. Cable companies don't really have any package below 20Mbit speeds, more and more homes are getting fibre connections to their homes.

Yeah, we got 100 Mbit up and down since a couple of weeks, the whole city has had an upgrade so everyone can choose from i think 20/20, 35/35, 50/50 or 100/100 Mbps up/down :)