LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Spidey

Defiance and Trove

Anyone play these games? I was about to download Trove last night then I saw that Defiance is F2P so downloaded that instead. I've never heard anything good about the game, but played through the intro this morning and it doesn't seem half bad, enjoying it so far.

I have played Definance in it's beta.  Story and dialogues were bad (I don't like and don't watch Defiance tv series anymore as well) and game itself was preety boring.  

Cash Shop did not help either and after it have gone F2P I just heard it not surprisingly got more intrusive.

Just my subjective opinion, but it seems It was shared by significant amount of people,  since Defiance dropped it's price from 60$ to 10$ (afair) quite fast and then it became first B2PCashShop MMO that went Freemium.

Trove I don't have intent on trying.

Trove - cool to check out - if curious. But not very good to play long term, IMO. Very grindy.  Random generated world played like minecraft but with levels (RPG style) and more combat, more gear. Interesting idea. If they add a lot to it, it could be good. For now, it is kind of cool, kind of light, and very grindy.