LOTROCommunity

Because They Can't Make Money Through Normal Means ...

Just wondering if we have comes to a conclussion on this matter?

Is it the players fault for taking advantage of a 4 minute starter area to amass 1000's of TP to get free content for a game that essentially can not make content worth paying for?

Or

Is it the developers fault for putting in zero effort into the starting area of the new class allowing players to essentially fast forward making the so called "exploit" even easier?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got over 800TP today just from using stored rep items on my low-level alts out of spite ... and I'm not done yet.  If they want to blame the players for their oversight, it's going to cost them.

Players were not "exploiting" this; they were using this completely as designed.  Turbine specifically allowed TP to be gained from changes in reputation status and allowed marks to get you rep items.

Admittedly, it's been a long time since I played, but I don't remember any moors exploits that "changed how powerful ... characters are in the game world".

Maybe something related to double-dipping on trait point allocation? Or the slotted armor pieces?

There also used to be some exploits related to LI's, as I recall.

A better question would be: what possible reason is there to care about how powerful your character is anymore?

Just wondering if we have comes to a conclussion on this matter?

Is it the players fault for taking advantage of a 4 minute starter area to amass 1000's of TP to get free content for a game that essentially can not make content worth paying for?

Or

Is it the developers fault for putting in zero effort into the starting area of the new class allowing players to essentially fast forward making the so called "exploit" even easier?

Neither.  The developers didn't make the decisions about where micro-transaction freebies were to be gained; that fell within the realm of the producers.  If they were as interested in making a profit from MT's as their (re-)actions suggest, then they ought to have negated either (1) TP gain through reputation changes or (2) the barter of marks-for-rep items at skirmish camps, and they should have done this early.  The use of the system they permitted is not something recent; it has been used since both conditions were in play.

Neither.  The developers didn't make the decisions about where micro-transaction freebies were to be gained; that fell within the realm of the producers.  If they were as interested in making a profit from MT's as their (re-)actions suggest, then they ought to have negated either (1) TP gain through reputation changes or (2) the barter of marks-for-rep items at skirmish camps, and they should have done this early.  The use of the system they permitted is not something recent; it has been used since both conditions were in play.

Apologies when I reference the developer I am referencing Turbine as whole.  Some would call it the developing studio, not the individual peons writing code. 

At this point the only thing their product is good for is a chuckle on this forum.  Other than that if it was paper form, toliet paper

Which moors exploit would that be? There are so many. I for one am glad that they are banning any exploiters in any facet of the game, good fucking riddance.

I think the exploit he was referencing was the Inspiration buff from book instances.  People were figuring out ways to get it stuck on them I guess.

I would also like to point out that my pie consumption is in no way related to global warming in Middle-earth.

We know... it's a result of all the methane generated by the excessive amounts of bullshit piled onto Middle Earth by WB, Turdbin, and Peter Crapson =P

Apparently the latest "epic" battle which can be completed within half an hour can get you several thousand marks ...

So they're handing out marks like candy and nobody ever thought this could somehow backfire?

"Nobody ever thought" is a Turbine's M.O.

• Upvote 1

Apparently the latest "epic" battle which can be completed within half an hour can get you several thousand marks ...

So they're handing out marks like candy and nobody ever thought this could somehow backfire?

The players will be balancing on a knifes edge in terms of playing the big battle without cutting their wrists out of sheer boredom so I think the amount of marks is fair.