LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Doro

A Crime To Be Rude

Most Brits will already know our country is so thin skinned that being politically correct is the only form of opinion tolerated. So welcome to the world where idiots rule supreme and speech is controlled by law!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-30641705

Now I hate this dick. Her stupid stance on children's names made my blood boil after she said geographical names are horrible for a child... despite having a child named India. The only time I have agreed with her has been this whole thing about obesity, with fatties crying that she's pushing 'hate crimes' against them by saying that it's their fault they're fat.

But, despite whether or not I agree with what she says, I think she's free to say it. Especially on the internet. These new tweets she's made are being treated as a criminal act. Apparently, it's now the place of the police to investigate things if they're offensive. What? We can now get the police in on someone else's hurt feelings?! What is this bollocks?

Many are claiming that these tweets are 'racist'... completely forgetting that racism is about RACE not nationality. Scottish people aren't a race (well, some of them certainly look it), they are a nationality. They can be of many different races and even their 'native race' (celtic) isn't restricted to just Scotland.

It's starting to become an actual joke now. Offending someone can be seen as a crime and to add insult to injury (there's a pun in there somewhere), they don't even have to be right with their branding of the crime!

Seems she's just another nobody made famous by reality TV and social networking. The famous for being famous crowd. I really don't know why anyone would pay attention to anything she posts, she's just an attention whore. The crime is that she has followers at all.

I don't even know who this is, lol.

I didn't either, had to Google the bitch.

Of course its not the first time this nobody has directed hate-speach towards Scotland. Maybe its how she likes to celebrate the xmas holidays?

Monday 2 December 2013 15.37 GMT

Katie Hopkins apologises for timing of tweet about Scottish life expectancy

More than 38,000 people sign petition against Apprentice star and Sun columnist after she tweeted in wake of Glasgow crash

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/dec/02/katie-hopkins-twitter-glasgow-helicopter-crash-apprentice

Nothing will come of it, the Police have to investigate when someone makes a complaint. She often make remarks to try and get some attention, people should just ignore her and hopefully she will fade into obscurity.

Nothing will come of it, the Police have to investigate when someone makes a complaint. She often make remarks to try and get some attention, people should just ignore her and hopefully she will fade into obscurity.

But it's not necessarily her that's the issue. It's that a complaint can even be made about 'offensive tweets' at all. We're paying too much heed to the hurt feelings of weak people.

That's just ridiculously stupid in my opinion, nothing she said in those tweets was any worse than remarks made by any of a hundred comedians all throughout their career, and they don't get investigated by the police, that's the worst waste of police resources ever, fucking busy body morons.

And the weak don't deserve to live?

That's debatable to begin with, considering that with advances in medical science, suddenly evolution isn't weeding out a lot of genes we do NOT want to perpetuate.

But back on topic, the weak-minded can really go fuck themselves.  Filing a police complaint over some cross-province offensive tweets?

Where's freedom of speech and all that goodness?  "Free as long as it offends no one?"  We'd have to shut down the internet, all bars, all newspapers, all tv channels, forget all holidays, abolish tourism in all its forms, kiss comedy goodbye except for "Rated G", and the square's name is Claire.

But it's not necessarily her that's the issue. It's that a complaint can even be made about 'offensive tweets' at all. We're paying too much heed to the hurt feelings of weak people.

It doesn't matter which media you use to make an offensive comment, the comment is still offensive. Twitter posts are not above the law.

I would not be surprised to see many more people getting done for things posted on social media in the next few years, especially posts that breach defamation laws. Too many people don't know the law and that their posts can easily breach it

Actually, punishing people for what they say is a breach of their Human Rights.

There are laws to protect people, such as defamation laws. Also you can be done for making threats against someone.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/42/schedule/1

Go to Article 10.

Read it.

It clearly says that Everyone has the Right to Freedom of Expression.

If you can get punished for what you say, you are no longer Free to Express yourself.

Hence, it's a violation of someone's Human Right to punish said person for what they have said.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/42/schedule/1

Go to Article 10.

Read it.

It clearly says that Everyone has the Right to Freedom of Expression.

If you can get punished for what you say, you are no longer Free to Express yourself.

Hence, it's a violation of someone's Human Right to punish said person for what they have said.

Article 10 also says

The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.

This allows countries to have laws designed to stop hate speech, incitement to commit crimes, defamation etc

So you are free to say what you want, however you can break the law in doing so.

"The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary."

Maybe I`m reading this wrong but this part seems to be saying.."yup you have the right to freedom of expression, but it comes with formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties!"

So yeah go ahead and say what you like but be prepared for your punishment if you breach the terms and conditions.

That's debatable to begin with, considering that with advances in medical science, suddenly evolution isn't weeding out a lot of genes we do NOT want to perpetuate.

But back on topic, the weak-minded can really go fuck themselves.  Filing a police complaint over some cross-province offensive tweets?

Where's freedom of speech and all that goodness?  "Free as long as it offends no one?"  We'd have to shut down the internet, all bars, all newspapers, all tv channels, forget all holidays, abolish tourism in all its forms, kiss comedy goodbye except for "Rated G", and the square's name is Claire.

hyperbole.gif

I like the "health and morals" bit in there.

Who the fuck decides what that is? Westminster?

Because none of the fuckers in there have any.

It is even worse than that, politicians come up with the idea but lawyers help draft the legislation

Do they have the death penalty on it? Otherwise they can go fuck themselves.

There are laws to protect people, such as defamation laws. Also you can be done for making threats against someone.

Welcome to the age of facebook.

Really, if you don't want something to get out there, don't post it. There is no such thing as privacy anymore.

And the weak don't deserve to live?

Not if they're too stupid or too weak-minded to accept that it's not the world's job to validate their existence or make them feel good about themselves. If you depend on others for your self worth you are going to be terribly disappointed in yourself all the time.

Seems she's just another nobody made famous by reality TV and social networking. The famous for being famous crowd. I really don't know why anyone would pay attention to anything she posts, she's just an attention whore. The crime is that she has followers at all.

I didn't either, had to Google the bitch.

So.. she is Britain's Paris Hilton..

Sigh.. Who cares.. Slap her in cuffs, she would like it.

It just occurred to me that this is just a simple application of Lèse-majesté applied to all topics deemed offensive or intolerable to those in power. So much for enlightened leadership.