LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Chipmore

[Snowbourn] Moria Defenders

logozcj.png

Me:

Hi all,

A little about me I am 30ish and married to the lovely Colleen who is also a LOTRO fanatic :) We are both originally from N.Ireland but currently located in Germany due to me being in the RAF.

Our Kin:

We started as a small group of friends from a previous kin together. Rank 10 and have purchased our kin house in the Shire Homesteads, an area voted on by the kin members, something we believe strongly in is that the members have a say in all we do, it is after all their kin too! As of today we have approximately 70 real members, not including alts. We cover a large range of levels and classes and have members from the UK but also all over europe.

As a kin, the priority is having a laugh together and enjoying each other's company as we quest, not hardcore raiding. With the release of SoM we are loving the new Skirmish instances and really having a great laugh taking part in them. We are a family kin but we will be taking part in all of the instances as and when a group wants to, there will be no pressure put on anyone to MAKE them do things as other kins may do.

Members are encouraged to bring ideas to the table themselves for improving kin life and that works well for us :)

What we offer:

Website - www.moriadefenders.com - With Forums and lots of other nice little features please check it out and also check out the varied members profiles :)

Ventrilo Server - We have purchased a 15 slot ventrilo server mainly for when we get into the instances and it has really helped with getting to know each other better.

Weekly Raid Nights - We currently Do DN, BG and also OD on a weekly basis and having a blast learning the New OD raid!

Trait/Book Nights - Want to complete those painful deeds? We are currently having a deed night each week where kinnies can get together in groups and try having a laugh as they go slaughtering multitudes of mobs!

Kin Lottery - We hold a monthly lottery in the kin, each enrtry costs 50 silver and 30% of the prize fund goes to the Kin Fund for upkeep of kin house and also as prizes for the competitions we hold. There are also 2 rollover slots on each draw to allow for bigger prizes to the winner :)

Kin Quiz - We hold a monthly quiz to allow members the opportunity to show their knowledge and also win prizes :)

Crafting nights - This is a new addition to our kin and one that was provided by a new kinnie. Once a week we will meet as a kin at one of the crafting halls, where people can provide mats to our many G SM Crafters and they can get the armour they have been after or that shiney new sword, or even hope pots, scrolls and food.

Moria Destroyers Creep Tribe - We have a creep tribe for those times when you want to really relax and kill some freeps :) We run regular creep nights, check out our events section for more info.

Kin House - A lovely kin house at 4 BrookBank Street, Halldown, Shire Homesteads, a stones throw away from Michel Delving, with its great transport links and its Bank, Auction house and crafting area. The Kin House is set upon a lovely hill with all round views and is directly in front of the homesteads vending area :)

screenshot00239.jpg

The main thing we offer is a social community where you will have a laugh as you grind out that XP, also a wealth of LOTRO knowledge exists within our kin, aswell as the awesome crafting abilities.

What we need:

We dont have any weekly attendance requirements, come and play as and when you feel like it, aslong as you login once in a 40 day period we are happy. We are recruiting any level and any class, We also have a minimum age requirement of 18 to join the kin, although before applying you need to ask your self one question..........

"Am I the kind of person who tries very hard to complete quests using advice from others to get the full satisfaction from levelling or am I the kind of person who gives up before trying and expects a high level to drop everything and help me powerlevel?"

If you are the first person then get in touch!! If you are the second then I am afraid our kin is not for you

:(

What to do to join:

If you like what you have read here and on the website then all you need to do is fill out the MD Application Form at the website

If you have any questions feel free to speak to any of the following:

MD Officers

Chipmore - Founder/Webmaster

Oaktree - 2IC/ Kin Raid Leader/Captain mentor

Cailin - Minstrel mentor

Flackadder - Deed & Trait Night Organiser/ Hunter mentor

Rhysi - loremaster Mentor

Jaras -MD Social Shizzle Man

Westbor

Or any member of the kin you see running around.

Sorry I have whittered on a bit but I wanted to get as much information in here as possible.

Happy hunting

Chip

Well The kin has been experimenting in OD and considering we are not a hardcore raiding kin we are doing ok

:)

We were successful in both T1 Disease

and T1 Wound wings

T1-Wound.jpg

Well done all involved :)

On a different night a fearless group of kinnies went into Ost Dunhoth and took Durins Bane on.............We succeeded after a few practice runs on T1 and now means we have 3 wings on T1 under our belts! Gratz to all involved!

:)

Fear-Wing-T1.jpg

The kin is very much a casual kin that likes to raid and these are massive successes for us as we strive towards completing the raid and starting the T2 challenges but we will enjoy the journey :)

We also raid into BG and Keep our hand in the other raids as new kinnies level up to the level cap :)

We are doing really well in OD and having fun at the same time. Moria Defenders are a social and fun kin with awesome members.....and Flackadder !!!

Fantastic website and well used forum, quiz nights, kin lotto, deed nights and raids are only some of the things that make Moria Defenders the place to be seen.

• Upvote 1

Welcoming to the kin:

Legenyl

Enjoy your time with us :)

And also tonight MD completed OD on T1 and I am very proud of all those who took part!

ODClear.png

Welcoming to the family 2 new members:

Xardanor

Arethlion

We are now closing recruitment to all but Champions as we wish to get to know some of our newer members a bit better and have healthy numbers for the raiding we do.

Re the CM threads; Well played MD's.. Oaktree got the last one in... I got as far as replying but by the time I pressed POST the lock was in...

Grats MD's was a blast *O*

• Upvote 1

Its like our Raid Progression Slow and Steady so we are well practiced my friend :)

The werthers Originals are on me!

:D

After the transfers i may well start over on Snowbourn so i will probably be getting in touch soon.

Tonight I had the great pleasure of promoting one of our long standing Kinnies into an officer position. One that he has thoroughly earned over the years.

Congrats to our latest officer and the new MD Social Shizzle Man!

Jaras

:D

Welcoming to the kin:

Garun

Although Recruiting is closed to all classes except Champion atm we will still accept applications from completely social players as we cannot guarantee places on raids into OD or BG atm.

Hey Snowbourners!

Still open to recruit a champ interested in raiding.

On the other side of things we are still drinking tea in the shire and loving it Open to all classes who wish to join as casual/social players. More details can be found on our app about that!

Moria Defenders: Succesfully drinking Tea in the shire since Aug 2008! (Killing raid bosses as we go)

Cor!! Should check this thread more often, I am in all the pics in this thread.

How my fellow kinnies put up with a incompedent, sad, forgetful, stressed out old git like me I will never know. They would suggest it's for my awesome hunter skills. I suggest, it's because Moria Defenders are social kin, that care for it's members and respect their aged members incompedence!!

Yep, there is a wealth of knowledge, funny banter in kin chat or vent, help whenever needed for whatever needed, kinnies that can be considered friends and the knowledge that each and everyone has the respect of all is a real serious plus in my view........

......and my view counts!!

Just gotta love Moria Defenders

Had quite a few new additions to the kin family since I last posted here and just wanted to let everyone know we are still here and still going strong :)

I am just back from a 7 week trip for work and enjoying the new content :)

Big hail fom Moria Defenders everywhere :)