LOTROCommunity

Paris Magazine Shooting

Doro

Actually it was this thread, and I directly replied to a post you made. Different conversation, yeah right.

That would be an entirely different conversation. This one began on page 17 after I quoted Andro. The one you're referring to ended on page 13. See how those numbers are different?

Sorry you could not figure this out:

the majority of muslims, more than 70%, are women and under the age of 13. 

I am saying out of the population of all muslims, 70% are woman and/or under age 13.  I am saying women and children make up 70% of the muslims you are making broad claims about (in this thread).

Well that's not what you said originally. 'more than 70% are women and under the age of 13' implies that you believed more than 70% of Muslims are girls under 13 years old. Probably poor wording on your part. However, I would like a link to back up your new claim. Not sure what it has to do with how evil the scripture of Islam is (which you've already forgotten was my point), but it would be interesting to see nonetheless.

Lol, can actually deny that roughly that percent are women and children? Just use your brain. Are you going to pretend more males are born in those countries, or there are far less children?

For example, in the US - which has fewer % children than many developing countries - children 0 to age 14 are 19.8 percent of the population. Males under 14 in the US are 10.1%.  This is directly from the 2010 US Census. Easy to find this on the US gov. site.

Women are 50.8% of the total population in the US. So let's see: 50.8 + 10.1 = 60.9%  EDITING

It doesn't matter whether it is 75% or 60% of the muslim population are women and/or young children. You are still making stupid claims about these people. Claims about all of those women and children. But of course you want to paint muslims as evil, extremist men - so it is inconvenient to point out most of your "majority" are women and young children.

Lol, can actually deny that roughly that percent are women and children? Just use your brain. Are you going to pretend more males are born in those countries, or there are far less children?

For example, in the US - which has fewer % children than many developing countries - children 0 to age 14 are 19.8 percent of the population. This is directly from the 2010 US Census. Easy to find this on the US gov. site.

Women are 50.8% of the total population in the US. So let's see: 50.8 + 19.8 = 70.6%

It doesn't matter whether it is 75% or 60% of the muslim population are women and/or young children.

I'm not denying, I'm asking you to back it up with some references. I have a strong suspicion that if you removed the children from the equation, the adult male to female ratio would be roughly equal. Which would also mean that '70% of all Muslims are men and children'. Which makes your figure more pointless than it already was. So feel free to give a link.

You are still making stupid claims about these people. Generalizations and stereotypes.

And you are continuing to spout nonsense like this, despite being corrected.

Umm that isn't right.

Your using a gender metric and adding an age metric. Which has you double counting Females up to age 14. Counting that way my States population just tripled...

The Ratio of Males to Females in the US for the 2010 Census was Males 49.2% - Females 50.9%

jesus christ it's like you're doing Turbine Math

@spiteful:  yes my mistake.

Whatever the numbers, it has to be more than 50%. Who knows across all of the countries what the percent is, but assuming women are roughly 50% and adding in male children, it is obviously over 50%.

So generalizations about muslims are being made on a population that is over 50% women and young children.

Whatever the numbers, it has to be more than 50%. Who knows across all of the countries what the percent is, but assuming women are roughly 50% and adding in male children, it is obviously over 50%.

So generalizations about muslims are being made on a population that is over 50% women and young children.

While missing your own generalisation that women wouldn't ever believe the same thing as men?

Ha ha.  Yes I fixed the numbers - to not double count.

I said Females were 50.8 which is directly from the US Census data:

http://factfinder.census.gov/faces/tableservices/jsf/pages/productview.xhtml?pid=DEC_10_DP_DPDP1&prodType=table

You don't add in any children it's total % Females. The only time Age would be a factor is if you're looking at age ranges for both males and females of that age group.

While missing your own generalisation that women wouldn't ever believe the same thing as men?

The point is: your claims about a huge world population of muslims have no basis. You have no idea what the percent of muslim men, women of children believe. You probably don't even have an accurate idea of what muslims in the UK believe. 

You don't add in any children it's total % Females. The only time Age would be a factor is if you're looking at age ranges for both males and females of that age group.

I am saying women = X percent of the population. Male children under 14 = Y %.

% of the population that are Women and/or children = X + Y.   The female children are part of X.

The point is: your claims about a huge world population of muslims have no basis. You have no idea what the percent of muslim men, women of children believe. You probably don't even have an accurate idea of what muslims in the UK believe.

Well let's say I've made any generalisations about Muslims in this conversation (which I haven't, I can't see why you're imagining I have), what makes you so sure you know otherwise just because of their gender? Unless, of course, you're making generalisations yourself.

And I don't count what children believe because children are children. I find it repugnant to slap a label on them so early.

And here I thought Doro hates everyone equally.

Seems I'm mistaken and he's really a racist muslim hater..... (or not, but then again, nosam likes to paint everyone who doesn't sing Islam's praises as racists. Or, hang on a minute, throw in colour in the equation, and he likes to proclaim how it is to live like a black person in the States despite not being Black himself. Talk about racist.)

Mtones, really, you're mistaken. He doesn't just hate one religion, he hates all (organized)religion. Judaism, Christianity, whatever denomination it is), Islam, probably Hinduism, Buddhism, Shintoism, and whatever other isms you can find to add to that. HE HATES ALL RELIGION.

Take your blinders off.

• Upvote 2

Worldwide percentage of men to women is going to be in the 50 percent range.

Sex selective abortions have not had a significant impact on those numbers.

Nosam is correct, I believe, that much of the Islamic world consists of a younger population and while he got confused on some of the numbers he may well be correct that ~70 percent of the Islamic world consists of women and children.

Egyptian demographics show over 50% population under 25 years of age.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Egypt

While England demographics would show 30% under 25 years old. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_England

Vorontur is almost correct... Doro hates all people equally and all religions equally... but loves to argue his opinions to infinity. :P

It might be correct, finding even semi reliable estimates with Gender and Age breakouts is damn near impossible.

While a 1:1 Ratio is fairly normal in general populations that isn't what we're talking about. Religions add members, so while in Islamic Majority Countries it's likely to be close to 1:1, those numbers are subject to being skewed via converts. It seems to me Islam likely has a much higher conversion rate for males than females. The median age of Muslims seems to be about 28, if the figures are close to accurate, which would seem to correlate to an upper end conversion age.

While it may balance out at close to 1:1 it's by no means a given and I suspect at the 20-30 are range the numbers are very skewed, enough to throw off the general number over all possibly.

I am not sure how many muslims are actually converted vs. just born into the faith. For example, in Indonesia there are about 204,847,000 muslims. It is possible the percent that was "converted" is tiny compared to this total population.

People often stereotype muslims as people from the middle east, but muslims from the middle east and north Africa are only 19.9 percent of all muslims in the world. There are much more in other parts of Africa, and in South and Southeast Asia.

People often stereotype muslims as people from the middle east, but muslims from the middle east and north Africa are only 19.9 percent of all muslims in the world. There are much more in other parts of Africa, and in South and Southeast Asia.

How interesting. So, what would be the reason for just the 'middle-eastern type' to be the violent jihadist bombing himself around the world? Why are the others missing on the party, how come 'this cup passed from them'? :)

Well the US is estimated at ~ 56:44 Male to Female, this is because Muslim males come to the US at higher rates then females. However, when you breakout children the numbers suggest that in the future the ratios will be close to 51:49, if immigration trends and birth rates/ratios stay relative.

Estimated World Distribution of Muslims

How interesting. So, what would be the reason for just the 'middle-eastern type' to be the violent jihadist bombing himself around the world? Why are the others missing on the party, how come 'this cup passed from them'? :)

Because their too busy killing each other in their own countries.

Stereotyping one billion people living in a dozen different countries is a bit ridiculous.

Are there problems with some muslims and some countries? Yes. Have some people done some awful things? Yes.

Does that have anything to do with the one billion people who don't even live in those countries? No.

This is just part of a long history of dehumanizing and hating an enemy. The problem is, most muslims in the world are not really the enemy. Why not be more specific - instead of spreading general hate against people? Why not complain about the specific people, groups and countries that have actually done something wrong?

• Upvote 1

Oooh we're going all metaphysical. Interesting turn!

And yet I've so far demonstrated I know more of Islam than you do. Funny how that works, eh?

I'm not sure how much more I can explain it to you. I hate the RELIGION. I don't hate all of the people. Get it?

Hey, I only work with what I'm given.

Apart from its texts, sure.

Wow. It must have taken such a long time for you to have spoken to the majority of Muslims to see what Islam is like. Or are you just basing this on your own experience? The same hypocrisy you claim I've been doing?

How is it that you believe you can claim most Muslims are good as you have 'experienced' from only a small minority, and yet I cannot claim that the religion itself is evil because of the very words within it? It can't just be bias, can it?

More so what people then do with what is written. Pretty much the foundations of religion. But look, more metaphysics! Not sure how you've come to that conclusion about my knowledge of humans, though. But then, it might just be my lack of understanding of human beings at work.

I've got a pretty good idea on what faith is. But research? I... know nothing of research? Not even sure where to start with that.

Now look what you've done! It's going to take me ages to put all those toys back in your pram!

You really are hung up with this 'hate' bit. Are you Tinkerbell and can only hold one emotion at any one time? Bizarrely, for someone who implies they know so much about human beings, you seem to lack the understanding that they can hold many complex emotions at once. But no, it's all hate because you disagree with me. Sure.

The only thing your pathetic replies prove, resoundingly at this point, is that you actually know nothing of Islam.  You have also repeatedly made it quite clear where your hate is directed so --- no ---  you did not prove that you understand the difference between hating a religion and hating any people who practice it.  I wish you lucik in life.  You're going to need it; a LOT of it.

The only thing your pathetic replies prove, resoundingly at this point, is that you actually know nothing of Islam.  You have also repeatedly made it quite clear where your hate is directed so --- no ---  you did not prove that you understand the difference between hating a religion and hating any people who practice it.  I wish you lucik in life.  You're going to need it; a LOT of it.

And this was not a pathetic response?

Do you really think he gives a shit about what your opinion of him is?

Have you learned nothing at all from most people's interactions with him?

Seemingly not.

The only thing your pathetic replies prove, resoundingly at this point, is that you actually know nothing of Islam. You have also repeatedly made it quite clear where your hate is directed so --- no --- you did not prove that you understand the difference between hating a religion and hating any people who practice it. I wish you lucik in life. You're going to need it; a LOT of it.

While I don't agree with everything Doro says, resorting to name calling kind of makes any point you are making, meaningless.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, usually opinions are formed over time for various reasons, many times those opinions and reasons are wrong, many times they are right, many times its how some thing looks to the average person, and we are never totally sure what's going on.

But not being able to discuss with others without resorting to abuse, don't care who it is, pro Muslim, anti Muslim or whatever, to me when ANYONE starts down that route, they haven't got anything positive (regardless of view point) to add to the conversation.

As I quoted earlier, the UK Muslim women themselves are concerned about their horiffing treatment by UK men. OK, sure many men will be loving husbands, but it's very very obvious there's a huge problem with how women are both seen and treated, and from what those women imply, they are facing hard times getting UK mosques to change.

I struggle to accept a religion that appears its normal to treat women like that, can really be considered all that peaceful.

I know Judaism also has problems with the treatment of women (although I don't THINK violence is one of them).

I know Chistian churches are also male dominated, but women Preachers do exist, most churches women are encouraged to speak, pray out loud etc, even churches with all male leadership encourage women to get involved, have no problem with women speakers etc.

Again, I'm only interested about 2015, not the babric stuff all 3 of these religions have done in the past.

And if you go to that UK Muslim woman's Web site

http://www.mwnuk.co.uk/Muslim_Women_RISING_against_VIOLENCE_Mosque_Postcard_Campaign__17_cd.php#B2

You will see that out of 100 mosques contacted in 2013, so far only 1 has responded.

On a side note, the last line of post 380 is seen as being offensive to most Christians, but the poster still has the right to say it.