LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
INTELLIGENCE

Another sign of F2P perhaps?

They have added an update to the story now they have had a response from EB Games:-

Update: EB Games has hastened to assure MCV Pacific that the recall is perfectly normal and doesn’t mean a thing.

“This is just part of a normal stock recall. Post-Christmas we ask stores to send back anything that they may have too much of in store. This time we included many titles, including The Evil Within, Destiny and The Elder Scrolls Online,” a representative said.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

Hopefully I'll get to try out the Champion system before F2P, if that is what they're planning.

As soon as F2P is announced I'll be out the door and never looking back.

We'll pass each other on the doorstep then. ;)

Even B2P will be good enough for me. 

We'll pass each other on the doorstep then. ;)

Even B2P will be good enough for me.

B2P could be ok, that all depends on what would be added to the cashshop. B2P can be made without any tangible pay 2 win (what is p2w is not the same for everyone). I would stay on and see what would happen if B2P is announced, and take it from there.

Straight up F2P with cashshop will make me uninstall. Not only because the ineviteble p2w items that will be sold, but also because of the types of players it seems to attract. The first week of ArcheAge was not a pretty sight.

B2P could be ok, that all depends on what would be added to the cashshop. B2P can be made without any tangible pay 2 win (what is p2w is not the same for everyone). I would stay on and see what would happen if B2P is announced, and take it from there.

Straight up F2P with cashshop will make me uninstall. Not only because the ineviteble p2w items that will be sold, but also because of the types of players it seems to attract. The first week of ArcheAge was not a pretty sight.

I was wondering about that - ArchAge I mean.  Keep seeing it in the launcher when I go to Rift and have been wondering is it any good game?

I was wondering about that - ArchAge I mean.  Keep seeing it in the launcher when I go to Rift and have been wondering is it any good game?

While I may not be the right person to ask, I can give you my impressions of the first week.

-Massive queues (like 7-20 hour long) - Bypass by having bought founder pack

-Anything that isnt questing governed by Labour point, that are gained slowly by being ingame - Get more by spending $$

-Filled with bots farming

-Filled with kiddos filling chat

-No open tapping, i.e. Wait around with 200 other people hoping to get the killing blow on a mob.

-Fantastic graphics, CryEngine if I remember correctly, looks fantastic.

-Classic tab-targeting, some like it, some dont. I like it, but despite being told that there was no global cooldown, there turned out to be global cooldown, which is a big nono for me

-Fantastic physics. Sailing and Gliders. The Gliders was something that I was very unsure of at the start, but it actually turned out to be a very nice middle-road between running everywhere, and having flying mounts.

-Land rush, handled poorly, with servers crashing, and ofcourse, those that paid for founders pack getting in first. And from what I heard, they made the exact same misstake when the third continent was launched.

-Open PvP, this game is a open world PvP sandbox. Expect to be ganked.

It is free, so I would encourage everyone that is interested to try it out. It was not for me however, and another nail in the F2P coffin for me.

While I may not be the right person to ask, I can give you my impressions of the first week.

Pretty much how I felt after they released their first continent and a month in Archeage. I stopped playing after feeling more played by their marketing team than Lotro, and, thats saying something.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

Hopefully I'll get to try out the Champion system before F2P, if that is what they're planning.

As Ahnold would say. I'll be bach! ......for F2P.

Rift seems to manage okay as F2P without the cash shop being intrusive, in fact it's a convenience even when you never spend a dime. As for the people F2P attracts, ESO is full of WoW-like asshats already, a few more won't hurt.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/21/elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited-coming-to-xbox-one-ps4

ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE: TAMRIEL UNLIMITED COMING TO XBOX ONE, PS4

Share. Free to play.

BY BRIAN ALBERTBethesda's MMO, The Elder Scrolls Online, is coming to Xbox One and PS4 on June 9 with several updates.

Titled The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, the MMO includes everything from the original PC and Mac game, plus all updates and content additions. It will not require a monthly subscription fee.

Pre-orders for The Elder Scrolls Online on consoles will automatically transition to the new game.

The Elder Scrolls Online - Review

05:21

Tamriel Unlimited is coming to PC and Mac as well. All existing PC or Mac accounts will be updated to the Tamriel Unlimited edition on March 17, free of charge. You'll just have to log in and update the client.

Alongside the re-launch, Bethesda is offering a new paid service called ESO Plus. It will be offered in 30-, 90-, and 180-day durations. ESO Plus members have full access to all downloadable content, a monthly allowance of Crowns (an in-game currency), bonuses to experience earned and gold acquired, plus other benefits.

"We have made numerous changes to the game over the past year, and are confident this is a game that Elder Scrolls fans will love to play," said Matt Firor, game director on The Elder Scrolls Online.  Players can explore Tamriel with friends, battle creatures, craft, fish, steal, or siege. The choice is theirs. The game offers hundreds of hours of gameplay with unlimited adventures with one single game purchase..."

We recently reported that some retailers were removing copies of The Elder Scrolls Online from store shelves. Now it looks like we know why. 

So... it is going F2P now? No more sub but a requirement of an initial purchase?

Yep. That's me done with the game. Fortunately my sub runs till March which is when they roll out the change. I have just enough time to complete the main story (i'm almost at level cap already) and then I can walk away. It's a shame, it's the best community I have found since I originally played Lotro. 

Yep. That's me done with the game. Fortunately my sub runs till March which is when they roll out the change. I have just enough time to complete the main story (i'm almost at level cap already) and then I can walk away. It's a shame, it's the best community I have found since I originally played Lotro.

You're running out of options, eh. Or maybe swear off MMOs altogether, go for co-op with friends or just SP.

You're running out of options, eh. Or maybe swear off MMOs altogether, go for co-op with friends or just SP.

I'm about done with MMO's I think, certainly for a while. They all want to do the exact same thing and open the door to the kiddies. I play a game to have fun, not to be annoyed by people talking about how better they are than everyone else. 

-Massive queues (like 7-20 hour long) - Bypass by having bought founder pack

-Wait around with 200 other people hoping to get the killing blow on a mob.

-Land rush, handled poorly, with servers crashing, and ofcourse, those that paid for founders pack getting in first. 

-Expect to be ganked.

All of these points have pretty much changed. I do think the game is flawed, but the population seems much lower now, and these point are mostly not true now.

I will say that there would have been no other way that I would possibly set foot in this game again. It just wasn't worth a sub fee in my opinion.

Depending on how restrictive F2P is

Just reading a FAQ on this right now. It is completely unrestrictive. Full game for B2P.  Subs only get bonuses and access to some DLC content.

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/2t6e89/news_tamriel_unlimited_faq/

As someone who hasn't followed ESO or played except a bit in beta, this is a surprise. So suddenly this MMO is very cheap to play.

Someone has started a poll on the OF for ESO asking for people to vote if they are for/against the change. Not that it will make any difference, but so far the votes are mainly negative, with 87% voting as they dislike (with varying reasons) and only 13% voting for liking so far. As of the time of the screen grab there had only been 383 votes so far. 

Untitled_zps1f7a3e40.jpg

Someone has started a poll on the OF for ESO asking for people to vote if they are for/against the change. Not that it will make any difference, but so far the votes are mainly negative, with 87% voting as they dislike (with varying reasons) and only 18% voting for liking so far. As of the time of the screen grab there had only been 383 votes so far. 

Untitled_zps1f7a3e40.jpg

Too bad that poll doesn't include the millions that have quit playing.....

The only way to capture those who quit are the private surveys on the account/sub cancellation screens... of course, who knows if anyone in the company actually reads those.

The only way to capture those who quit are the private surveys on the account/sub cancellation screens... of course, who knows if anyone in the company actually reads those.

The exit poll is quite rigorous when you cancel, so hopefully someone is reading them.