LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Tanith

pssst...wanna take a ride on the hype train?

LS2 is available permanently. You need to log in when its "live" to get the episode unlocked in your LS panel. If you didn't log in while the episode was "live" you need to purchase it, and you can play it whenever and as often as you like.

Episodes of the Living World must be unlocked in order to play them. Unlocked episodes can be accessed by any level 80 character on your account. There are two ways to unlock episodes.

Free unlock Episodes can be unlocked for free simply by logging in to any character during the episode's original release window. This lasts until the next episode is released, usually two weeks, although it may last longer under certain conditions.
Paid unlock For players who did not unlock an episode during its release window, it will be shown in the journal with a "lock" icon and a "Buy Now" button. Each episode costs 200 Gem.png to unlock via this method.

They just posted on their FB page that you've got until Feb. 24 to log in and unlock "Point of No Return", so you've got some time yet.  :P

Paid unlock For players who did not unlock an episode during its release window, it will be shown in the journal with a "lock" icon and a "Buy Now" button. Each episode costs 200 Gem.png to unlock via this method.

Now I remember, this is why I haven't logged into GW2. Why should I have to pay to unlock free content?

• Upvote 2

Its their way of making people log in kinda regularly. If you consider the frequency of LS releases, it's not really a problem to log in at least once every few weeks to unlock the episodes, then play them whenever you like. The old system had it that older episodes were locked as soon as new episodes came up. Now if you consider the small price of gems (that you could also get without cash, but with ingame gold-to-gems conversion) it's not that big deal. 

Now I remember, this is why I haven't logged into GW2. Why should I have to pay to unlock free content?

I had no idea this was happening. I'm uninstalling GW2 now. Pricks.

Its their way of making people log in kinda regularly. If you consider the frequency of LS releases, it's not really a problem to log in at least once every few weeks to unlock the episodes, then play them whenever you like. The old system had it that older episodes were locked as soon as new episodes came up. Now if you consider the small price of gems (that you could also get without cash, but with ingame gold-to-gems conversion) it's not that big deal. 

They could add something useful, daily gifts like Rift, not the slot machines of LOTRO. I just have more going on in life than to remember when a new LS is due out.

They could add something useful, daily gifts like Rift, not the slot machines of LOTRO. I just have more going on in life than to remember when a new LS is due out.

They changed the Dailies system, you now get a small gift each day you log in, and when you logged in 28 times you get a big reward chest. You don't have to log in every day continously to get to the big chest, it's counting the logins and resets when you claimed the big reward.

Log-in Rewards

One of the things we want to do is reward players for being fans of Guild Wars 2. So we’ve moved the original rewards from daily and monthly achievements, thrown in some new items for good measure, and combined it all into a new bonus system that rewards players just for logging in to the game. The first time you log in each day, you’ll receive a new bonus reward. The items on this new reward track are not only a combination of the previous daily and monthly achievement rewards but also some additional items we’ve added, including bags full of trophies needed for crafting and an exotic equipment chest guaranteed to give you an item for the profession of your choice.

One way to think of this is like a holiday calendar that gives you a new present from ArenaNet each day. There are 28 individual rewards on the track, each one building toward an epic chest containing a permanent 1% increase to account gold find and your choice of either ascended crafting materials, materials necessary for crafting your legendary weapon (including mystic clovers), an additional sum of laurels, or tomes of knowledge.

Missed a day because of work, vacation, or a work vacation? No worries, your progress is still there! The next time you log in, you’ll pick up where you left off. The system will only reset once you’ve claimed the 28th and final reward.

There's still the daily achievements, but you don't get achievement points for each daily achievement, you get a bulk of 10 AP when you finished the meta achievement of the day, thats three dailes of your choice out of 3 categories PVE/PvP/WvW.

I enjoy GW2. I like the living story. I avoid the drama and don't live to play the dungeons, PvP or WvW.

I don't play LOTRO anymore, Kate Paiz turning it into Farmville (literally and figuratively) killed the game for me.

I tried Skyrim during beta and didn't find it better than either. To each their own, I guess.

Will there ever be a "perfect" MMO? No, because each an every player has a different definition of what their "perfect" MMO is.

Myself? I won't carry a "fanboy" banner for any of them, I just play em.

I enjoy GW2. I like the living story. I avoid the drama and don't live to play the dungeons, PvP or WvW.

I don't play LOTRO anymore, Kate Paiz turning it into Farmville (literally and figuratively) killed the game for me.

I tried Skyrim during beta and didn't find it better than either. To each their own, I guess.

Will there ever be a "perfect" MMO? No, because each an every player has a different definition of what their "perfect" MMO is.

Myself? I won't carry a "fanboy" banner for any of them, I just play em.

Just do what I do and go back to console gaming. Saves me alot of future headaches.

I am badass at wii golf. Uncannily lucky. Such is what happens sometimes when RNG becomes the gambling point.

Pre-orders for HoT just went live, for those of you interested. Colin Johanson dropped that particular bombshell at E3 less than an hour ago.

It's not Pre-order, it's Pre-purchase ... and with a base price of 50$ / 45 € and not giving a release date (yet) all the while only giving very little detail of how much content the expansion will bring, I might be interested in the expansion but will refrain from pre-purchasing something I don't know much about.

Like, don't believe the Hype :)

Gimme some info about how much maps, how much new quest content, some info about the fractal masteries, define what you named "challenging group content in HoT" and lemme see more stuff about Elite specializations especially of my main/favorite class the Engineer, so that I can decide if it's worth  spending 50$ on it ...

Yeah, the reaction has been somewhat...mixed. I plunked down my money anyway, because I enjoy the game and the little tastes of Revenant gameplay I've experienced so far.

I fully expect them to toss in some sweeteners, given the less-than-happy state of the community right now. Makes me really feel for poor Rubi, who's gonna have to host a livestream on Twitch later today...