LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Altreg01

This is making Lotro harder to miss

if the new Expansion price is fair & it comes bundled with either a gem package deal, or some equivalent that i am able to massively increase my storage...  then this looks appealing.

it looks highly probable they've gated the Guild Housing to the new Maguuma Expansion Region and that access will likely be gated behind the Expansion as well, which makes sense & i suspect alot of folk are going to really appreciate this feature.  especially if the activities to enhance said Guild Halls are fun, and not some tedious grind.

whilst there is only a day left on the deal *unless they extend*  jumping on board for the current game is very affordable currently:

http://buy.guildwars2.com/store/gw2/en_US/html/pbPage.buyguildwars2?cid=82:5::::Global:40::

all that said, i know the strengths and weaknesses of this game.  i know what it does exceptionally well, what it is ok at & what it does poorly...  so not feeling hyped at all.

it will all come down to price point and the packaging they offer.  if they don't hit the key points for me, i have no actual need to purchase this expansion right away.  i still have loads of the original game to finish up.

Loved a lot of things about guild wars 2.  Lack of a trinity and progression killed me though.  Guess I just like the old style of playing when it comes to mmos.

Everyday I wish for the old days of LOTRO back. I log in every now and then and just can't get back into it. I tried out the Beorning class briefly, but the starter area was laggy as hell. From playing other games, LOTRO now feels clunky and unplayable.

• Upvote 1

Everyday I wish for the old days of LOTRO back. I log in every now and then and just can't get back into it. I tried out the Beorning class briefly, but the starter area was laggy as hell. From playing other games, LOTRO now feels clunky and unplayable.

I blame the faceroll mode that HD introduced ...

For me it was the butchering of the trait lines aka revamp.

I'm curious what the new Masteries thing in GW2 will bring. As far as I understood Colin Johansson, in the new areas you will earn Mastery points which you can spend as you like, kinda like how you assign trait points in GW2 right now. He also stated that you will earn these Mastery points with everything you do, ie. exploring, defeating new bosses, etc.And whats the best of all, you earn those mastery points accountwide, so you won't have to grind them out for each of your characters. Sounds great so far, so much better than what Lotro did with the revamp.

• Upvote 1

Lotro died for me when the store came. I hated facing a huge grind and knowing if I pulled out my credit card the game would be more enjoyable. Ugh. Home shopping network meets MMO. That really ruined the game experience for me.

Then it was like: what is this twisted, manipulative thing I am caught up in that has nothing to do with Tolkien. 

For me it was the butchering of the trait lines aka revamp.

I'm curious what the new Masteries thing in GW2 will bring. As far as I understood Colin Johansson, in the new areas you will earn Mastery points which you can spend as you like, kinda like how you assign trait points in GW2 right now. He also stated that you will earn these Mastery points with everything you do, ie. exploring, defeating new bosses, etc.And whats the best of all, you earn those mastery points accountwide, so you won't have to grind them out for each of your characters. Sounds great so far, so much better than what Lotro did with the revamp.

Judging from that trailer, the chronomancer that people have been asking for might finally be on its way. That mesmer's shield had a "clock" animation.

:D