LOTROCommunity

Lotro PvPers...are they really that bad?

It's always telling when someone makes sure to announce the application of the ignore setting.  It's even more humorous when done via quoting someone else's reply to the ignored individual.  (Literally as I'm writing this sentence no less, which was HILARIOUS).

TheQuinn didn't like the implication that he was standing by accepting some of Brango's gutter talk, which by implication touched his former Kinmate.  Because calling Brango out or agreeing with my calling him out was hard.  That former kinmate is a fantastic person, and well worth defending.  Perhaps I'm wrong in judging TheQuinn for his failure here, but I'm judging him all the same.  

The ignore function was the easier way out.

Because I have never put a poster on ignore and obviously it failed.  

Now if you would please stop misquoting me that would be great.  And feel free to leave third parties who aren't here out of your nonsense. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's entirely up to the companies to decide how to interpret the NDA in relation to my comments. If they want to 'come after me', as you put it, they know who I am. I do appreciate your concern on t

Modbreak: Dear GameDev, Please refrain from posting personal information on this board. Given your geolocation, it might be perceived as a rather vengeful thing. Say hi to the rest of Turbine

I agree with this on a personal level. First post here although I consider this forum superior to the official one (where most of my posts over the years were confined to grants on rank x threads)

Posted Images

Careful, Stickez isn't one to simply allow himself to lose an argument.  He reports like a boss too.  You're all about to be banned.

Well if everyone else gets to continue... 

It's always telling when someone makes sure to announce the application of the ignore setting.  It's even more humorous

It's only natural for people to flinch when someone draws attention to their internal inconsistencies.  I always find the reaction interesting.

Why's it so entertaining?  So you derive pleasure making people mad on the internet?  That's what a troll does, so why are you so all a-fluster when you get called out for what you are?

Actually your attitude is making it fairly unanimous. It's not just that we don't agree with your idiotic ideas or self-importance. You're actually being rather a cunt about it. And I haven't used that word in years.

Whatever "self importance" is involved with this is in your collective heads.  I'm here to talk the same as any and every member of the forum.  Underneath the salt piles, there is some interesting talk here. 

It seems to me that Rude/insulting posts are ok here... but only if they are coming from people who hold certain opinions.  So, I would argue that It IS just that you don't agree with my ideas.

Because I have never put a poster on ignore and obviously it failed.  

Now if you would please stop misquoting me that would be great.  And feel free to leave third parties who aren't here out of your nonsense. 

I looked in the post and saw that I had not actually quoted you in the post at all.  

If my judgement on you was wrong, you are welcome to reconcile it. or not.  That's merely my perception.  Some of the things that get tossed around here are quite insulting and personal.  I'll leave others out of posts going forward, as that clearly is a sore spot for you, but I wish you would be more aware that things said here are read by more than the people taking part in the discussion.

Oh I know... claiming someone gave Sapience a Rim Job - ABSOLUTELY NORMAL here.  But jokingly using the word "Troll" in a post in the Comic Sans font?  My god he's a monster!

Huh, you are dumb.  What you're missing is the fact that the person who's having a hissy fit for being called a troll is calling himself a troll too.  Even with sarcasm, the irony is obvious.

Whether you enjoyed giving Sapience a rim job or not is purely coincidental. 

Ps, who said you gave him a rim job?  I thought you just sucked him off.

Edited by Snowlock
A rim job?
  • Upvote 1

I know.  It's gotten humorous.

I don't see why the lot of you have a problem with him.  He's been on my ignore list for some time, because his postings are essentially a waste of breath.  Either Doro him or ignore him.

It's even more humorous when done via quoting someone else's reply to the ignored individual.

I don't see why the lot of you have a problem with him.  He's been on my ignore list for some time, because his postings are essentially a waste of breath.  Either Doro him or ignore him.

The tribalism here is fantastic.  Basically, you guys are exactly what you complain about on the official forums. 

The tribalism here is fantastic.  Basically, you guys are exactly what you complain about on the official forums. 

I was on the OF for a bit. They're ignoring you because all your posts are the same. Furiously gargling every Turbine employee's testicles.

If they want to see that shit they can just head to the OF.

People on the OF only ignore when someone is outside the hivemind and breaks the endless cacophony of Turbine fanboys circlejerking all over themselves about how glorious this fucking game is as well as the divine company that made it.

Actually your attitude is making it fairly unanimous. It's not just that we don't agree with your idiotic ideas or self-importance. You're actually being rather a cunt about it. And I haven't used that word in years.

Lol well said!!!!

On the money as always Leaf.  It was not my disagreement with his opinions but his lack of tact here. 

And that Damojo thread makes more sense if you know his history here.  So shame on me I guess.  And the Storm King thread I linked was more to say that all PC members weren't buttlickers. 

I'm not going to get worked up about it.  Apparently he can't let it go.  I still want Alewyn to return to the thread to answer more questions.  I found his answers interesting and informative.  

They're not buttlickers if they identify with the issues being raised by others and repent their sins of previous associations with the "enemy"!!! :D which the StormKing did so famously on this forum.

Even Nymph - the guy who would not say boo to a goose - went public to denounce the PC for what it really was, so not all past and current PC members are brown-nosers.

Rather the issue remains with those who used their PC membership as a public badge of dishonour to be "uppish" with the rest of the community. Best word to describe it really.

Not really because we quite often have rows over issues. The difference here is that there's no supreme presence in the form of a "community manager" with whom to ingratiate ourselves with, hide behind when someone says something "horrid" and so become their lickspittle. 

I was on the OF for a bit. They're ignoring you because all your posts are the same. Furiously gargling every Turbine employee's testicles.

I don't think you're familiar with my post history.  I received several infractions for telling off Orion, Zombie Columbus.  I've been a pretty steady critic of balance issues and class design problems.

The difference is - I accept that the people making Lotro are people.  I don't assume malice, and I try to accept that people are prone to error and often work with imperfect information.  That appears to be the point of contention.

It's interesting for me to read all of Alywens posts, pretty much saying the same thing. 

I don't think you're familiar with my post history.  I received several infractions for telling off Orion, Zombie Columbus.  I've been a pretty steady critic of balance issues and class design problems.

The difference is - I accept that the people making Lotro are people.  I don't assume malice, and I try to accept that people are prone to error and often work with imperfect information.  That appears to be the point of contention.

It's interesting for me to read all of Alywens posts, pretty much saying the same thing. 

From my own point of view, the main culprits at Turbine were Mr & Ms Paiz and the previous community management. Developers, artists etc are generally going to do what their told though the Exec producers and the comm managers had the authority and breadth of freedom to determine the direction that the game & the community took - so in my opinion, the Paizs and Sap are fair targets.

We used to have a former Turbine employee commenting in this thread I doubt he'll come back for this foolishness.   I'd like to see him come back because he answered a ton of questions I personally had about the game.

+1. I'd also like to see a new comment or two thrown by Aylwen, but I don't see how he can find a reference point for anything in the last 2-3 pages of the thread :/

Perhaps if the personal side is reduced a bit and is replaced by specific in-game problems... For example, what is the game direction that Stickeez wants to drive the development to (according to himself, and according to Snowlock)? Why others (e.g. Snowlock) think this is not a good direction? Maybe Aylwen could chip in with his opinion if the talk is kept a bit more, you know, in essence.

+1. I'd also like to see a new comment or two thrown by Aylwen, but I don't see how he can find a reference point for anything in the last 2-3 pages of the thread :/

Perhaps if the personal side is reduced a bit and is replaced by specific in-game problems... For example, what is the game direction that Stickeez wants to drive the development to (according to himself, and according to Snowlock)? Why others (e.g. Snowlock) think this is not a good direction? Maybe Aylwen could chip in with his opinion if the talk is kept a bit more, you know, in essence.

I'm a primary creep player, so it would basically be a PVMP discussion.  Happy to have it though.

On a macro level, I'd like to see less healing overall.  I think healing abilities based on morale% are breaking PVP pretty good right now.  I think the main problems are class imbalances between the various freep classes - some being "more equal" than others in their capabilities.

On a micro level, Born of shadow got nerfed and toxic carapace got tuned down.  If healing burrow can get similar treatment, I'll feel that I've seen my own class become more balanced.

I'm a primary creep player, so it would basically be a PVMP discussion.  Happy to have it though.

On a macro level, I'd like to see less healing overall.  I think healing abilities based on morale% are breaking PVP pretty good right now.  I think the main problems are class imbalances between the various freep classes - some being "more equal" than others in their capabilities.

On a micro level, Born of shadow got nerfed and toxic carapace got tuned down.  If healing burrow can get similar treatment, I'll feel that I've seen my own class become more balanced.

That's it?

That's it?

*shrug*

I think Alywen's posts demonstrated that small focused changes are preferable to large sweeping ones when it comes to pvmp.

The biggest limiting factors on pvp right now are the engine itself (Lag from loading vitals bar buffs/debuffs), and that would/will take a lot to solve.  It will be interesting if these resources will be put into fixing this.  Currently, I am under the assumption that the engineering team are working on the transfer systems and data move.  So as much as I hope and think it would be a good move to fix that client bottleneck... being honest getting the transfer to work and go as smooth as possible is much more important.

I don't think fixing this type of lag is particularly controversial, so didn't really feel like it was needed in the post.

*shrug*

I think Alywen's posts demonstrated that small focused changes are preferable to large sweeping ones when it comes to pvmp.

The biggest limiting factors on pvp right now are the engine itself (Lag from loading vitals bar buffs/debuffs), and that would/will take a lot to solve.  It will be interesting if these resources will be put into fixing this.  Currently, I am under the assumption that the engineering team are working on the transfer systems and data move.  So as much as I hope and think it would be a good move to fix that client bottleneck... being honest getting the transfer to work and go as smooth as possible is much more important.

I don't think fixing this type of lag is particularly controversial, so didn't really feel like it was needed in the post.

But aren't you on some council or something? Surely you've got more to add to a conversation on PvP improvement than healing and burrow need a nerf?

From my own point of view, the main culprits at Turbine were Mr & Ms Paiz and the previous community management. Developers, artists etc are generally going to do what their told though the Exec producers and the comm managers had the authority and breadth of freedom to determine the direction that the game & the community took - so in my opinion, the Paizs and Sap are fair targets.

while i agree somewhat with this...isn't it time to just...move on?

don't get me wrong, i don't undervalue the negative impact that the paizs and sapience had on the game and the community, but...they're gone.  i see folks--more on this forum than anywhere else--continue to bring their name up a lot.  as in, maybe a bit too much? i seriously doubt these people are giving their detractors a single thought in whatever line of employment they are currently doing.  

• Upvote 1

while i agree somewhat with this...isn't it time to just...move on?

don't get me wrong, i don't undervalue the negative impact that the paizs and sapience had on the game and the community, but...they're gone.  i see folks--more on this forum than anywhere else--continue to bring their name up a lot.  as in, maybe a bit too much? i seriously doubt these people are giving their detractors a single thought in whatever line of employment they are currently doing.  

I does no harm to remember the damage they did and the circumstances in which they inflicted it. That way, we can put into that context the current team's decisions. Think of it as a defining benchmark - the "Paiz Standard". Who knows, in a year or so it will be up there with NGE and all the other MMO memes!!

But aren't you on some council or something? Surely you've got more to add to a conversation on PvP improvement than healing and burrow need a nerf?

Colour tones and hues for the new defiler skin...

In shocking news - focus group member providing feedback on pvmp balance and issues primarily concerned with pvmp balance and issues.

In shocking news - focus group member providing feedback on pvmp balance and issues primarily concerned with pvmp balance and issues.

But you aren't. You've provided a grand total of 3 things, when there's a plethora to choose from. It makes me wonder what really is the point of such a focus group when they've arbitrarily picked members who have no real thoughts on what they claim to be their primary focus.

But you aren't. You've provided a grand total of 3 things, when there's a plethora to choose from. It makes me wonder what really is the point of such a focus group when they've arbitrarily picked members who have no real thoughts on what they claim to be their primary focus.

I meant to start a dialogue.  Perhaps you could ask questions or even offer agreement or disagreement with what I have listed.

I meant to start a dialogue.  Perhaps you could ask questions or even offer agreement or disagreement with what I have listed.

The question was already asked. 'What is the game direction that Stickeez wants to drive the development to?' Your response was just less healing, nerfed burrow. Seems to me that if someone believes themselves to be a valuable member of a focus group, then they'd have more of an opinion than that.