LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
MueR

Forum update

Hi guys,

Just a quick headsup that the forum is being updated (as I'm typing this message). After that, we'll be on pretty much the same forum, but here's what's changed:

Issues fixed in this version:

• Internet Explorer 11 Copy/Paste Issue
  • Facebook Profile Photos Not Loading
  • Incoming Email Piping throws an error
  • Terms of use link on registration broken
  • All security patches since last released are bundled in this version
  • Updates to Facebook Connect integration to support API Version 2.1

You might have to clear your browser cache. (Ctrl+F5 on Windows)

I'm sure Recent Topics used to refresh itself before without me having to refresh the page. Doesn't seem to be doing that for me now. Using Firefox.

Another issue, although I am now not actually sure what it looked before, is the favicon, which is now antialiased to a light background.

Since ubuntu's default theme is dark, the inactive tabs in firefox are dark as well, hence the favicon looks totally out of place on that now.

Actually, come to think about it, I am just about sure that it looked different (as-in, not stupidly white-bordered) before, because it hasn't annoyed me like it does now.

SNy

I'm sure Recent Topics used to refresh itself before without me having to refresh the page. Doesn't seem to be doing that for me now. Using Firefox.

Same with Internet Exploder at work.

Not sure if anyone else has a problem, but quotes don't work with the wysiwyg editor for me either, clicking the quote button just sends me to a blank editor when it's in wysywig mode, but when it's in text mode it works fine.

That plugin seems to have broken on this forum version. Will look into that.

WHERE THA FUDGEPANTS IS MOST RECENT?

I no like this.

I was wondering what happened, haha!

To be honest I prefer it without, it doesn't interfere with my OCPD as much this way, whenever I see that box with new posts in it I had to click the post just to show it as read whether I was interested in the topic or the forum section it was from or not. Now new posts aren't so visible and I can hide the sections I don't read :D

To be honest I prefer it without, it doesn't interfere with my OCPD as much this way, whenever I see that box with new posts in it I had to click the post just to show it as read whether I was interested in the topic or the forum section it was from or not. Now new posts aren't so visible and I can hide the sections I don't read :D

Wasn't it possible to just remove the 'new' section from the old forum version and end up with what it is now?

+1

Wasn't it possible to just remove the 'new' section from the old forum version and end up with what it is now?

The old "new posts" box caused a javascript error on the front page, leaving it not updating. I'll have some time to look into that tomorrow, so I'll give it a go.

Wrong wording on my side. The question (towards Andro) was if it was possible to remove (as a user's option) this box entirely in/during the previous version of the forum, before the update.