LOTROCommunity
Kairos

An indication of things to come?

and some people are actually happy Turbine are taking control.

Also when did CM have the tools to do these events if they were no authorised to be used, surely Turbine could have disabled them

and some people are actually happy Turbine are taking control.

Also when did CM have the tools to do these events if they were no authorised to be used, surely Turbine could have disabled them

Standard GM tool's I beleive but all activities a GM does is logged so if a GM went 'nuts' they'd be really told off or something :). I can recall a few situations that had a GM /slapped.

I might (unless someone does for me) ask on the Codies forum in the questions and answers thread ask Sapience what he meant be unauthorised.

I can't imagine for one minute Codies programmed the trolls themselves. I am livid at their comment it is just wrong.

PJ

Not sure Sapience will be checking Codies' forums are they're exected to be read only any time soon but might be worth a go.

Yep, probably better to either ask in the Turbine forums or via twitter. Although I'm not sure we'd get an answer. It would be interesting to know what's wrong about this, though. I never heard any complaints about anything being broken or unplayable as a result. So where's the harm?

In the end, I can say that no matter what I think about Codemasters, I really loved the atmosphere the community management team created. I've never seen anything like that in any other MMO and I'm sad to then read that part of their activities were "unauthorised" and Turbine apparently looks down on something like that.

Yeah you are probably right. I just think it is the height of rudeness from Sappy.

PJ

I might (unless someone does for me) ask on the Codies forum in the questions and answers thread ask Sapience what he meant be unauthorised.

I can't imagine for one minute Codies programmed the trolls themselves. I am livid at their comment it is just wrong.

PJ

And, this of course implies, that Turbine has issued a list with "Authorized Player Interaction".

Land of the Free.. yea right :)

Binabik

I wonder if Codies want to reply to this thread? Probably unable to sadly but I do recall any player events had to be authorized for GM support :). But like I said its something we have to work Turbine on to convince them for a need for this kind of service. Anyone remember GM Supported Event Service CM had?

I don't know much of this but isn't deleting just question threads like this a violation of the freedom of speech? :O

There's no freedom of speech on privately owned internet forums.

Freedom of speech only applies to governments ;)

I don't know much of this but isn't deleting just question threads like this a violation of the freedom of speech? :O

Freedom of speech doesn't apply to forums owned by companies. They decide what you're allowed to say on forums. You agreed to that when you first joined it.

Lol. .. Jinx.. looks like many people (like me) are bored when the servers are down :)

Binabik

There's no freedom of speech on privately owned internet forums.

Freedom of speech only applies to governments ;)

Really? That sounds a bit in contradiction with the freedom of speech itself doesn't it? :s

Freedom of speech doesn't apply to forums owned by companies. They decide what you're allowed to say on forums. You agreed to that when you first joined it.

Binabik

Ah..so you actually read those things you agree with? :O

Really? That sounds a bit in contradiction with the freedom of speech itself doesn't it? :s

Ah..so you actually read those things you agree with? :O

Lol.. no, but you still agreed to them.

Remember.. it was the text that appeared right before you chose agree :)

And if you chose not to agree, you couldn't play the game.. pretty harsh huh :)

Binabik

Can someone else Facebook or tweet Sappy please, I am so angry I will say something I might regret and get banned before I transfer!

PJ

Lol.. no, but you still agreed to them.

Remember.. it was the text that appeared right before you chose agree :)

And if you chose not to agree, you couldn't play the game.. pretty harsh huh :)

Binabik

Very harsh :( I wonder why they have the 'I don't agree' button then :O

Freedom of speech is actually not a government thingy but a fundamental core right of the citizens of most Western countries. The thing is that freedom comes in many forms which aren't necessarily incompatible, while you enjoy free speech any individual or corporation enjoys the right to use their property as they deem fit. Hence, it makes complete sense that Turbine is allowed to shun you from their company servers and facilities for exerting your free speech :)

Not sure Sapience will be checking Codies' forums are they're exected to be read only any time soon but might be worth a go.

More to the point. If a thread was deleted on the Turbine forums which related to this issue, I can't see them bothering to reply to questions about it...

Very harsh :( I wonder why they have the 'I don't agree' button then :O

There's 2 actually: the red one with an 'x' in there in the top right of the window, and the left arrow in the top left ;)

And to think, i was so desperate for Turbine to take over a year or 2 ago :( but it's these kind of events that make MMOs for me.