LOTROCommunity
Kairos

An indication of things to come?

The post was a private PM, which was shared on kinship forums. These forums have certain places that are open to the public and this was then copied and places on to here by someone. The post was later deleted due to the wishes of the person whom received the PM and rightly so... So you probably will not see the real post and to be honest you shouldn't either. It was a private message and it should have remained that way.

I myself never saw the post either and I am actually quite glad I didn't tbh (although my curiosity will eventually get the better of me).

to Moderators; I hope this is OK, but please remove if it is not.........

The conversation is regarding a query as to whether Turbine would be offering GM support for server events such as were sometimes run by CM.

The response was that they could not do so, as these events were beyond what the game had been designed to do and were not authorised by Turbine.

O.O

Sorry. don't want to sound mean or etc but .... that's kind of pathetic excuese.

Not even ONE server event Ever. Full. Stop... well Tubine has already got a reputation which alot of people will miss that kind of thing in game. It was amazing having Codemasters give up some of their time to enjoy and have fun with us. But so far, from what I've read they are just boosting up some prices and gone " there, a game now play "

Thanks for the responses but I was really after the posts on Turbine's behalf, not the response of the player who wanted his post removed. Unless I'm confusing something here and the 'snotty' post by Turbine was actually a private message to a player. Hard to judge the tone of something yourself without the real thing ;)

Unless I'm confusing something here and the 'snotty' post by Turbine was actually a private message to a player. Hard to judge the tone of something yourself without the real thing ;)

Yes, the conversation was by PM and the response by Turbine, which was originally posted here, was a private one, posted here by a 3rd party.

Th person who had the PM exchange with turbine is the one who requested that the quoted message be removed.

No Turbine rep has responded directly in this, or as far as I know, any other public forum.

Yes, the conversation was by PM and the response by Turbine, which was originally posted here, was a private one, posted here by a 3rd party.

Th person who had the PM exchange with turbine is the one who requested that the quoted message be removed.

No Turbine rep has responded directly in this, or as far as I know, any other public forum.

Ah, ok that makes sense. I was wondering why I couldn't find any trace of it on any of the forums mentioned.

Seems that Gesta- sorry, Turbine, aren't even bothering to entertain the idea of events for their players. It's a shame really, considering so many people liked that sort of thing.

to Moderators; I hope this is OK, but please remove if it is not.........

The conversation is regarding a query as to whether Turbine would be offering GM support for server events such as were sometimes run by CM.

The response was that they could not do so, as these events were beyond what the game had been designed to do and were not authorised by Turbine.

It also acknowledged that all posts concerning the topic of GMs holding events on the servers had been removed from the Turbine forums, which is what I was referencing. This subject is not to be discussed on the Turbine forums.

and some people are actually happy Turbine are taking control.

Also when did CM have the tools to do these events if they were no authorised to be used, surely Turbine could have disabled them

Turbine and Codemasters had the same tools needed to host events since beta of SoA. At the end of the SoA beta, much which has been done by Codies for events appeared at that time. They also spawned pigs that needed to be corraled and many many Ogres, Dragons, Drakes, etc.

And I remember seeing a 50 foot tall +Satine helping promote people to level 50 to compete in the end-of-beta events! -)

So the tools have always been there. Whether they were "allowed" to officially use them or not is the question.

Turbine and Codemasters had the same tools needed to host events since beta of SoA. At the end of the SoA beta, much which has been done by Codies for events appeared at that time. They also spawned pigs that needed to be corraled and many many Ogres, Dragons, Drakes, etc.

And I remember seeing a 50 foot tall +Satine helping promote people to level 50 to compete in the end-of-beta events! -)

So the tools have always been there. Whether they were "allowed" to officially use them or not is the question.

Surly at some point in the last 4 years Turbine could have disabled those tools that they dont authorise the use of. I can understand why they added them for beta testing but surely it would be easy to stop them from working. Its not like Turbine didnt know CM were using them, they were doing so for years and yet they did nothing about it

In fact I think, Sapience is referring to the events Codies did in the past week, not every event since the beginning at all.

But the way he expressed it was "unlucky" ^^

In fact I think, Sapience is referring to the events Codies did in the past week, not every event since the beginning at all.

But the way he expressed it was "unlucky" ^^

Yeah, I agree. I also think he meant the last few days events, not those done prior to the transition announcement.

I remember being in Closed beta, at the end of phase 1, seeing Patience doing stuff.(This is a while back now, so my memory of what it exactly was is very very cloudy)

Hardly really mattered what they did in the last few days though did it? If that's what he was referring to, it seems a bit picky, not to mention completely pointless.

If Sapience was only referring to the last few days then that is worse in my opinion. Surely CM having some goodbye events was to be expected. After all the work done by CM to help launch the game in the EU and to build an excellent community they should have been allowed to say goodbye with a little bit of fun

I'm sure I'm the same as many others in that I often listen to music that reflects my general mood...

Right now I'm listening to David Ford's "State of the Union".

I can imagine Turbine sitting over there, saying:

"why would you run events - for the players nothing is changing"

"they could think, the game ends"

"we don't do events - you shouldn't do so either - because they will like you more then us"

7(8)7

I'm listening to Souxsie & The Banshees "Night Shift"

Dunno what that says eerie.gif

Boredom maybe...

LOTRO's dead in the water awaiting new engines.

AoC server merge in progress (because the game is obviously doing so well).

CO at a standstill waiting for a dev to pull the switch on a new 'event'.

It would be great if players got a chance to player a uber nemesis in freep zones as a reward. Perhaps through lottery, creep deed rewards, etc.

Nice loot drops for freeps when the nemesis is defeated and go doubt a great time will be had by the player mashing up the freeps and freep npcs ;p

hmmm....

A tune called "Just Abuse Me" started playing while I'm reading this thread...

Oh dear .. now you have got me started...

and it is

Wayne (Jayne) County and The Electric Chairs; "If you don't want to **** me baby, then baby **** off"

:$ :$

From what I am reading on these fan forums, is that most are allowing Turbine to start from scratch as most have no previous experience with the company.

Personally I am a bit on the negative side. Normally I am easily pleased, but let me state that the reputation starts at -1000 neutral instead of 0.

Lets hope the servers are online within the time frame they said they would be.

I'm sure I'm the same as many others in that I often listen to music that reflects my general mood...

Right now I'm listening to David Ford's "State of the Union".

We have thread going "What are you listening to" over in ther German Off-topic section. Come and join us!

Haven't had time to read the entire thread, but Turbine won't be offering any GM assistance in events?

-.-

Nope. Not one bit. And don't ask them or you'll get your head chewed off it seems!

Hey All,

I guess I can elaborate a little bit on how things happened. All CM events, Player Events etc had to be pre-approved i.e 'pinged off to people' to request if they could do it etc. So during the last week only pre-approved could be done i.e no giant balrogs, thorog's etc. I know I asked if it was possible but CM could only do pre-approved (trolls) that had been done in the past. So when you saw trolls roaming that was pre-approed for the F2P delay. When you saw the odd drake it was pre-approved from the past. It is probably why the Event Support System had been taken down as a squad because to get a player event approved was a nightmare!. Remember we used to be able to hire a GM to do things to support a player event.

To be honest I was surprised Codies didnt break out the Rog's and do what Japan did when the service went offline :) I guess some restraint was needed for maybe future titles/links?