LOTROCommunity
Doro

The Rage Corner

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35708623

I'm already against the very idea of a damn TV licence, and now they're just trying to extend that further. They want to make it so that people who stream shows after live broadcasting also pay the TV licence. And when they realise there's no way of tracking that people have specifically watched BBC shows in their home, they'll probably make it mandatory for all streaming services (just as they did for all TV channels, when it's only the BBC that gets the money).

And to make sure that everyone understands what a complete and utter bell-end he is, John Whittingdale has also said he wants to tackle the use of ad-blockers. In order to help the companies who obviously own him, he wants to block ad-blockers so that people are forced to look at adverts. Otherwise websites won't make enough money and we all know that their profits matter more than personal freedom.

What sort of supposed 'culture secretary' has no fucking clue about what the average internet user wants?

We're living in such an age that utmost corporate motherfuckery owns the state and the majority of the public everywhere in the world.

The older I get the more I sound like a commie... :9~

Not something I read but rather a real life rage.

Early in 2015 my wife, Jeanette started feeling ill. As the year progressed, it became steadily worse. We checked in with the doctors now and then but they could find nothing wrong. She wasn't sick all the time, but it was like sick 3 days, well for 4 days, sick for a week, well for a week. By the end of 2015 I had to take her to the ER a few times and she spent a few says in the hospital. By the beginning of 2016 she was constantly ill. They ran further tests and found her uterus was enlarged and the endometrial  lining was thickened. So we scheduled her for a D&C to thin the lining. The removed tissue wasn't conclusive but the surgeon was concerned because it looked possibly cancerous.

For a little context, if a woman is told she is going to have cancer but she gets to choose the type, Endrometrial Cancer is the best choice. It's generally not an aggressive cancer and it's usually caught early enough that a hysterectomy ends it. It tends to be contained in the lining and no further treatment is usually needed.

So we aren't overly concerned, she's very young, 48, to have it as it's usually an issue with women over 60, and very rare in women under 45, but we've had our kids and while a hysterectomy isn't something to look forward to, it means her being cancer free so we're all good, plus at this point we're not even positive it is cancer, but better safe than sorry.

We set up an appointment at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Mn, about a 2 hr drive from where we live.In. Along with the surgery team there is a pathology team in the operating room who will do the biopsy right away, and if cancerous they'll remove the nearest Lymph Node to check for spreading as a precautionary measure.

A normal uterus is about 150 grams, Jeanette's was over 800 grams and more cancer than healthy tissue it had spread to the Lymph Node, and they could see vascular entry points. Now just before the surgery they did x-rays and other pre-surgery tests, as normal, but the surgeon had seen something in the lungs that he now wanted a closer look at. So about a week to heal, then back to the clinic for a lung biopsy.

And sure as fuck, the cancer has spread to the lungs.

to make a long story short, my wife of 31 years, has now been diagnosed with Grade 3 (very aggressive) Stage 4B cancer. It's a terminal condition, expectations are less than 5 years. I take her in tomorrow for her 1st round of Chemo. The hope is to slow it's advance. Beyond some miracle, there is no cancer-free outcome or remission.

She's going to do 8-12 weeks of Chemo, then we'll reaccess  the options, according to the reduction of the spread rate, if any, how badly she reacts to the Chemo, etc.

Anyways, I've been with the old girl for 30+ years, and she is one of the nicest people I've ever met. She's kind and generous and it just really pisses me off that this is happening to her. We just got our youngest off to college and we're starting to look at the plans we've made for when we had us time again. She went and had her hair cut today to donate to Wigs for Kids which provides wigs free of charge to sick children who've lost their hair. That's the kind of woman she is.

While no one really deserves to go through this, I can think of many people who would be higher on the list than Jeanette, myself included. I really really just hate the universe currently. 

Hated disease...

My sympathies, best wishes and prayers for "the old girl" Spiteful.

7 hours ago, Spiteful said:

While no one really deserves to go through this, I can think of many people who would be higher on the list than Jeanette, myself included. I really really just hate the universe currently. 

You're a stronger man than me to even be able to type that post out. Here's hoping that miracles are more common than we believe. After all, there's been that recent breakthrough that could help: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35718491

#FuckCancer.

It's never the motherfuckers that deserve to get cancer that gets it, it's always those that don't deserve it that get it.

I hope for that miracle, Spiteful.

• Upvote 1

On 3/4/2016 at 7:33 AM, Doro said:

You're a stronger man than me to even be able to type that post out. Here's hoping that miracles are more common than we believe. After all, there's been that recent breakthrough that could help: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35718491

I wouldn't define it as strength, more like one of many ways I'm trying to come to grips with a situation we never considered, at least not at this point in our lives.

Thank you all for the thoughts, they are much appreciated.

We got the first Chemo treatment done and had a real heart to heart with the Oncologist. Again while anything is possible the realistic outlook is Jeanette living a year.

We also joined a list for any clinical studies or trials that may come up for her type of cancer so that maybe somewhere down the line the research may help someone. She also donated tissue and blood for preservation for future research.

We're going to be selling off some of our assets and make some trips, possibly a cruise, things we've had planned. Her health and doctors needs limiting what we'll accomplish.

The first Chemo treatment went well except for about 10 minutes of sheer terror. One of the drugs had a tendency to cause a reaction the first time it is used. They kinda short sold the reaction. They had no sooner started when she suddenly gasped out loud, her back was seizing terribly then she couldn't breath and turned bright red. They finally got her oxygenated and comfortable again and the rest of the treatment went well. But it was just terrible for her, as well as watching it happen. She's having fatigue and nausea to a small extent but otherwise comfortable.

Anyways I don't mean to bog down this thread and we aren't expecting any new news for about 12 weeks, after this Chemo round is done and the results determined.

My wife passed away this morning while sleeping. She had been home for about 2 weeks since a 3 week hospital stay where we found out the cancer was growing despite Chemo and had also spread to her brain.

There's really not much more I'm up for saying except thank you for the well wishes and such.

You have 3 categories of refugees:

- Those flying for war/ political prosecution

- Economical refugees who are willing to improve themself

- Economical refugees who just want to profit/ are criminals

I think we as western countries have a moral duty to help the first, though except for political refugees most of them can be helped much closer to the region they are fleeing from.
I also think we should help the 2nd group, but that's mostly because we need to prevent them from coming. We have 500 million, they are with 5 billion.

The last group is the biggest problem, and that's where the politicians fail. I think this group is responsible for 90% of the shit, but only 5-10% of the refugees. So most refugees are just victims and the politicians focus on them.