LOTROCommunity
Doro

The Rage Corner

5 hours ago, Papi said:

This comes across as fear mongering to me.   And yes, I'm quite familiar with London.  Have the Muslims violated the rights of anyone?  Are the Muslims going through districts inflicting bodily harm and when reported, is nothing done about it?  Are you honestly telling me that someone has peacefully objected to something that the Muslim community wanted to do and was arrested for it?? Islam isn't the problem, extreme radical Islam is the problem--as is the case with most religions.  When you don't acknowledge that, you're just helping those with extreme views further their cause.

But the again, I think the world would be better off without religion so what do I know.

It seems that the extreme radical Islamists are holding protests. How many have to show up at before people become concerned?

6 hours ago, Laurinaohtar said:

You'l also find white supremacists, anti abortion, anti gay marriage and a million other deplorable protests in London. Freedom of speech has its down sides. As I said, they are easily ignored.

When there's 100,000 at the protest and Sharia law is enforced in London do you still ignore it?

There may be people that want Sharia law in the UK, it doesnt mean they will get it any more that those people like Britian First that want all Muslims out of the country will get that either.

I remember a time when nobody wanted Sharia law in the UK and certainly no protests calling for it.

Ah well, European problem to sort out I suppose. Good luck with it.

51 minutes ago, FundinStrongarm said:

1. It seems that the extreme radical Islamists are holding protests. How many have to show up at before people become concerned?

2. When there's 100,000 at the protest and Sharia law is enforced in London do you still ignore it?

1.  Over a million Tea Party members marched on Washington to protest against Obama.  They were saying a bunch of crazy shit.  But, they were peaceful and did no harm.  It's their right.  Who cares.

2.  Now you are fear mongering.  Or, you don't know how the law works.  It will never happen in the UK.

1 hour ago, FundinStrongarm said:

It seems that the extreme radical Islamists are holding protests. How many have to show up at before people become concerned?

When there's 100,000 at the protest and Sharia law is enforced in London do you still ignore it?

lol, wut. Fear mongering at its finest, many people protest over many crazy things, every religion, cult, community, society, nation, political affiliation, economic group, race and gender have there minority extremist groups that shout loudly but make up a very small number that can easily be ignored. People protest crazy things in London all the time, it is there right even if they are lunatics, as long as they do so peacefully. 

There are also people in the UK that would like us to discriminate based on race, far right protests happen all the time and everyone just ignores them, because they make up a small minority of extremists, same thing here.

People can protest for hate as much as they can for peace, that is the nature of free speech.

Hyperbole, much?

9 minutes ago, Laurinaohtar said:

lol, wut. Fear mongering at its finest, many people protest over many crazy things, every religion, cult, community, society, nation, political affiliation, economic group, race and gender have there minority extremist groups that shout loudly but make up a very small number that can easily be ignored. People protest crazy things in London all the time, it is there right even if they are lunatics, as long as they do so peacefully. 

There are also people in the UK that would like us to discriminate based on race, far right protests happen all the time and everyone just ignores them, because they make up a small minority of extremists, same thing here.

People can protest for hate as much as they can for peace, that is the nature of free speech.

Hot off the press: http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/9-dead-suspect-arrested-as-truck-rams-into-berlin-christmas-market-1.3209698

No word on the perp or the motivation as yet but...

Maybe we just go to sleep (again) and in the morning everything will be better.

2 minutes ago, fittybolger said:

Hot off the press: http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/9-dead-suspect-arrested-as-truck-rams-into-berlin-christmas-market-1.3209698

No word on the perp or the motivation as yet but...

Maybe we just go to sleep and in the morning everything will be better.

10 minutes ago, Laurinaohtar said:

1 minute ago, Laurinaohtar said:

peacefully

Good luck with that.

The last 50 years of history suggests there might be a few hiccups.

I remember a time when nobody wanted Sharia law in the UK and certainly no protests calling for it.

Ah well, European problem to sort out I suppose. Good luck with it.

How the hell do you know that?

You presume too fucking much.

Have you asked every single muslim person in the UK about what their options are or were on the subject?

5 minutes ago, fittybolger said:

Good luck with that.

the last 2000 years suggests that from every religion and nation in the world, bad shit happens, it always will.

We were discussing the right to protest changes to the law, not the right to plow a lorry into innocent people. They are clearly different things.

Good luck with that.

Keep acting like terrorist acts have never been committed in the name of Christianity.

The Catholic Church, in particular, have committed more than just terrorist acts. Such as harbouring wanted war criminals, facilitating their escape from Nazi Germany to South America(Rat Lines), the amount of Paedophiles in the Catholic Church.

Sectarian violence between Protestants and Catholics, still happening now in Northern Ireland. But keep blaming just the one religion.

2 minutes ago, Laurinaohtar said:

the last 2000 years suggests that from every religion and nation in the world, bad shit happens, it always will

But the discussion here is the Islamification of the UK specifically and Europe and the West in general and your assertion that these things are "easily ignored".

Like I said... Good luck with that...

7 minutes ago, LordVorontur said:

How the hell do you know that?

You presume too fucking much.

Have you asked every single muslim person in the UK about what their options are or were on the subject?

Well as Swede living in U.K. you have an added perspective (potentially) LV = do you feel the Moslem influence in Sweden has been a positive one?

3 minutes ago, fittybolger said:

But the discussion here is the Islamification of the UK specifically and Europe and the West in general and your assertion that these things are "easily ignored".

Like I said... Good luck with that...

There is no Islamification of the UK or Europe. I know of not one single person who has ever converted to Islam, and every Muslim I know I like.

Minority extremist groups are not the majority.

Well as Swede living in U.K. you have an added perspective (potentially) LV = do you feel the Moslem influence in Sweden has been a positive one?

No religion has ever had a positive influence anywhere.

1 minute ago, LordVorontur said:

Yikes!

Did I read "hyperbole" somewhere in this thread?

1 minute ago, Laurinaohtar said:

There is no Islamification of the UK or Europe. I know of not one single person who has ever converted to Islam, and every Muslim I know I like.

Minority extremist groups are not the majority.

I have to agree every Muslim I have met has been nice and friendly.  

Also living in the West Coast of Scotland, I have seen first hand what Christianity is like.  The issues with Catholics and Protestants is alive and still causing issues and they are fighting over something that happened hundreds of years ago.

Lets not forget how many people die each year in acts of terrorism that have nothing to do with Islam.

15 minutes ago, fittybolger said:

Yikes!

Did I read "hyperbole" somewhere in this thread?

Until I see evidence of the opposite, my opinion regarding all religions remain the same.

But please, feel free to provide evidence of the positive influence that religion has had upon the world.

1 hour ago, LordVorontur said:

Until I see evidence of the opposite, my opinion regarding all religions remain the same.

But please, feel free to provide evidence of the positive influence that religion has had upon the world.

hith-sistine-chape.jpg

That's easy...

Matthew 22:37 [KJV]

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

How do we do the bolded part without science?

Likewise, that one verse has been the driving factor behind the scientific for most of the Renaissance, and for that matter, most of human history.  We're trying to reverse engineer what God has created, and understand how the universe works.

3 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

That's easy...

How do we do the bolded part without science?

Likewise, that one verse has been the driving factor behind the scientific for most of the Renaissance, and for that matter, most of human history.  We're trying to reverse engineer what God has created, and understand how the universe works.

I said evidence, not fiction.

12 minutes ago, LordVorontur said:

I said evidence, not fiction.

Hmm... a closed mind on the matter...

Let me ask you this, why were so many of the historical European scientists Christians?