LOTROCommunity
Doro

The Rage Corner

So toilet making company want to stir some controversy by making "social advertisement" to sell more toilet paper.

LOL

It's only a controversy (or in this case, worthy of a "rage corner" thread) because of someone's fragile male ego.

It's only a controversy (or in this case, worthy of a "rage corner" thread) because of someone's fragile male ego.

1801_5a.gif

​Here is the larger issue: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men's_rights_movement

Know any divorced father's who have felt raped by the feminist driven divorce courts?

How about "Father's day is a day to celebrate Father's"... can you grok it?

Edited by fittybolger

​Here is the larger issue: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men's_rights_movement

Know any divorced father's who have felt raped by the feminist driven divorce courts?

How about "Father's day is a day to celebrate Father's"... can you grok it?

​actually, here is the issue:

in the U.S. over 80% of single parents are mothers.  i'll let that sink in for you.

i could see if the video made a point to bash men/fathers (dad beat mom, he was always drinking blah blah blah).  it didn't.

if you have ever been to the mid-west or southern states, anything other than a two parent home is looked down on.

if you are a single parent for too long, the condemning eyes of the conservatives and religious right will be glaring at you lol

my point is, i'm not going to get butt hurt if a commercial takes the time to highlight that a single parent took on the role of both parents to raise their kids and celebrate/thank them on either/both days.  if it was a bunch of sobs thanking their dad on mother's day, i'd feel the same.

folks need to unclench a bit.  

• Upvote 1

​actually, here is the issue:

in the U.S. over 80% of single parents are mothers.  i'll let that sink in for you. 

​I'm surprised that the figure of 20% is so high but I guess there are a lot widowers out there combined with a lot of women who simply don't want the kids because the courts sure aren't going to award custody to men 20% of the time when the process is followed.

i could see if the video made a point to bash men/fathers (dad beat mom, he was always drinking blah blah blah).  it didn't.

Fine... let them do it on Mother's Day... you know the day set aside to celebrate mothers the way Father's Day is set aside to celebrate father's.

if you have ever been to the mid-west or southern states, anything other than a two parent home is looked down on.

if you are a single parent for too long, the condemning eyes of the conservatives and religious right will be glaring at you lol

Can we agree that the two parent traditional family is desirable over a single parent family? (not getting into the specifics of any given relationship but just as a general truism)

my point is, i'm not going to get butt hurt if a commercial takes the time to highlight that a single parent took on the role of both parents to raise their kids and celebrate/thank them on either/both days.  if it was a bunch of sobs thanking their dad on mother's day, i'd feel the same.

folks need to unclench a bit.

I agree that taken on it's own this is rather innocuous...but... 

The feminist movement didn't get to where it is in a day... there wasn't any single event... it was a process involving decades and many victories big and small, Men have been unclenched far too long IMO and regaining institutional parity, in the justice system particularly, is also going to take decades of clenching on behalf of father's wanting equal status as parents when the relationship with the mother breaks down. Father's deserve to be treated as more than a wallet.

Edited by fittybolger

I'll speak for Panama.

Divorce, "la jueza" (aka female judge) will almost automatically grant the mother custody and monetary rights.  In fact, it's a bit of a business to have kids and live off the child support money from 2 or 3 fathers.  Needless to say, the mother will fight tooth and nail for that allowance and trust me, more than a small percentage of those kids barely sees the results of that money unless you count mommy's pub crawls.  Of course there are more single mothers.  Ever hear of a mother having to pay child support if the husband gets the kid? HELL NO!  If he needs child support he's too broke and thus an unfit parent... trailer trash mom on her 5th kid and looking for that 5th child support payment from a 5th father?  FEMINISM!

But the one that busts my balls definitely has to be circumcision.  "Female genital mutilation is an abomination!! Women are being cut so they don't feel pleasure in sex as if they're breeding machines!!  Now I'm off to get little Billy's johnson snipped.... his girlfriends will thank me later on when his penis is less sensitive during sex!!"    Gotta thank my parents for sparing me the indignity.  As for the "hygiene" excuse, sure... back in the Dark and Middle ages, probably a good idea... I have running water and soap.

So we're wallets, and apparently women are unable to take responsibility for their own genitalia during sex so any shortcomings HAVE to be the man's fault so any help like slashing our wieners is a good idea... yeeeeheeh.

Wish there were more REAL feminists out there, ones that consider themselves fellow humans and aim for equality, not coddling.  Equal pay for equal work hours, not equal pay for shorter months... you know.. that kind of stuff.

REAL feminists get elected into office, feminazis push for laws that force a certain amount of women into every election, votes or otherwise.

List is endless.  But trying to hijack Fathers' Day ... I'd call it a new low but I'm so unsurprised by they of the shirtgate tendencies.

*Edit:  for the record, deadbeat dads should get a forced vasectomy.  Just because the mother turned out to be a cunt, or wasn't a cunt but the father turned out to be one... no excuse to deprive the kid of basic needs.

Edited by Ardraug

@ fittyblogger, @Ardraug...look, i'm sorry...i just can't look at that video and get all riled up and go "down with the feminists!"...i don't see it.  i don't look at that video and see every woman who has fucked me over, was a slut, drank too much, treated me like a wallet, forced me to get circumcised when i was a wee lad (although, side note--thanks mom and dad) and etc. etc.

hijacking Father's Day? seriously?? one fucking commercial??? now who is being sensitive and wants to be coddled?

at the end of the day, maybe we all need something to rage at, to be pissed about...if this is your thing, then fine--so be it.  but i just don't see it.

if this is your thing, then fine--so be it.  but i just don't see it.

​Yeah...

hijacking Father's Day? seriously?? one fucking commercial??? now who is being sensitive and wants to be coddled?

​I'd really LOVE to see the backlash that would occur if someone made a commercial/facebook post chain saying: "Happy Mothers' day to all those single Fathers out there!"

The rants about "the patriarchy" would be off the charts =)

It ain't "feminism" I'm against, it's the inherent hypocrisies that have polluted it.

@ fittyblogger, @Ardraug...look, i'm sorry...i just can't look at that video and get all riled up and go "down with the feminists!"...i don't see it.  i don't look at that video and see every woman who has fucked me over, was a slut, drank too much, treated me like a wallet, forced me to get circumcised when i was a wee lad (although, side note--thanks mom and dad) and etc. etc.

at the end of the day, maybe we all need something to rage at, to be pissed about...if this is your thing, then fine--so be it.  but i just don't see it.

​Rage? Well I rage about everything. But I'm Canadian so it is a very quiet and polite form of rage... sooo...

Poo! Poo poo on you! Rage! Rage!!! :P

​Rage? Well I rage about everything. But I'm Canadian so it is a very quiet and polite form of rage... sooo...

Poo! Poo poo on you! Rage! Rage!!! :P

​Oh yes, the Canadian rage....

Careful, you might mistake it for slight irritation.....

Aw man Canadian rage?

I know this is the "rage corner" but ffs, now it's gonna become mildly agitated!

rebel-flag.jpg

I hate this guy! I wanna burn him!

This guy killed a bunch o' folks and it sold the killer a gun!

My fellow SJW's have joined with politicians, media an' corporate limp dicks and we shall burn this guy 'til Johnny comes marching home!

Edited by fittybolger

rebel-flag.jpg

I hate this guy! I wanna burn him!

This guy killed a bunch o' folks and it sold the killer a gun!

My fellow SJW's have joined with politicians, media an' corporate limp dicks and we shall burn this flag 'til Johnny comes marching home!

​sarcasm noted.

but you couldn't be more wrong.

it's not about blaming the symbol/flag for the actions of one lunatic (although i'm sure some will).

i'm sure there are quite a few germans who still believe in and support hitler, but you don't see any flags with a swastiza flying in any capital cities in germany do you?  

​sarcasm noted.

it's not about blaming the symbol/flag for the actions of one lunatic (although i'm sure some will).

i'm sure there are quite a few germans who still believe in and support hitler, but you don't see any flags with a swastiza flying in any capital cities in germany do you?  

Nope, it would be illegal. Germany went too far, IMO, in banning speech or thought.

In the case of the Confederate flag, I'd say it needs to be removed as official symbol of S.C. It has no place on State regalia anymore.

In the case of the Confederate flag, I'd say it needs to be removed as official symbol of S.C. It has no place on State regalia anymore.

​agreed, and personally i've always thought that...just not sure why it takes something like the recent tragedy for folks to start getting serious about it

​agreed, and personally i've always thought that...just not sure why it takes something like the recent tragedy for folks to start getting serious about it

​Not being nasty here, just bigtime pragmatic (which tend to go hand in hand).

That's humans for you.  Take 9/11, a handful of guys with box cutters hijacking planes when outnumbered about 10 to 1.  Won't be happening again, hijackers are gonna need some serious firepower to not get swarmed by passengers.

As a species, "content" is most people's aim, if the status quo isn't rocked, people will rarely try to fix what don't seem broke enough. 

​sarcasm noted.

i'm sure there are quite a few germans who still believe in and support hitler, but you don't see any flags with a swast

Racism... you want "real" racism watch this documentary from a torrent site: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048434/?ref_=nv_sr_3

I am rabidly anti Hitler and the Holocaust but I don't want to confuse the Confederate flag issue.

I hate politically correct activism. The "n-word" for nigger... I know what is meant and you know what is meant and it is being said but somehow this undergoes some miraculous transformation from racist hate to acceptability when spelled differently... I ain't buying into that crap. Like the flag it trivializes the issue, IMO, like a quick fix feel good bandage which pretty much defines Political Correctness to me.

Sure there are those that look at this flag as a racist symbol but it is by no means exclusively so nor was the American Civil War exclusively about slavery. 

Talking of the Holocaust!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33237625

Pupils arrested, fined and sentenced to a year's probation (three years suspended) for picking up what looks like rubbish from the ground in Auschwitz. Not artefacts presented in cases or on displays. Not pieces carefully protected in the buildings. Literally, some broken junk lying on the ground outside in the elements. They picked the crap up as a souvenir of the place and they got treated like they committed an actual crime. They've even had to apologise for 'giving offence' to people for 'what they did'... what sort of cunt is going to get offended because a couple of school kids pocketed shit out of the dirt?

I know the whole Nazi thing has left a bad taste in the mouth of central Europe, but come the fuck on. It's like the Germans with the whole banning anything but extreme reverence when mentioning the Holocaust. We get it, people died. But let's not put this on a fucking pedestal.

What I take issue with is the general association of the Confederate flag to the Nazis - which really shows a complete and total lack of understanding what had happened.

For me this is a bit more personal as my Dad's side of the family can trace lineage back to a Revolutionary War combatant settling down in Florida.  Yeah, we've been there for a long time, but we've also been basically poor white farmers eking out what life we could from the land, and (as far as I can tell), none of us has owned land, despite one of my ancestors fighting in the [American] Civil War (amusingly enough, we're not entirely clear on which side he was on).

The Confederate Flag, for some, represents when the South rebelled against the taxation and oppression of the North - which had basically forced the South to start trading with Europe as it was better for them to trade with Europe than it was to trade with the North.  There's a bunch of other issues there, like slavery, but with a pre-industrial revolution style of farming, you simply need a lot of people to work the fields, so the largely agrarian south needed the manpower from somewhere, and it just happened to have been slaves thanks to the existing slave trade.  I suspect that had the Civil War not had happened, by about 1880 the South probably would have moved away from slavery as industrialized farming would have made it not viable to use that many people with industrialized farming, as the expenses would have cut into their profits.  (And for the record, racism and slavery are two things that should have been ended, as they are both very, very wrong).

I mean, the entire conflict has been on that's basically been there for a very, very long time, and this only a mere symptom of it (and ironically, the North is once again trying to enforce their will on the South), but the Confederates were not Nazis, not even close - so the comparison there is pure propaganda.

Racism... you want "real" racism watch this documentary from a torrent site: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048434/?ref_=nv_sr_3

I am rabidly anti Hitler and the Holocaust but I don't want to confuse the Confederate flag issue.

I hate politically correct activism. The "n-word" for nigger... I know what is meant and you know what is meant and it is being said but somehow this undergoes some miraculous transformation from racist hate to acceptability when spelled differently... I ain't buying into that crap. Like the flag it trivializes the issue, IMO, like a quick fix feel good bandage which pretty much defines Political Correctness to me.

Sure there are those that look at this flag as a racist symbol but it is by no means exclusively so nor was the American Civil War exclusively about slavery. 

​you've lost me here.  i'm assuming you are referring to negro and nigger?

are you under the impression that black people today like to be called negro? 

sure the flag may be seen as symbol of "southern pride" to the white man, but to black people it's a symbol of racism, slavery and oppression.

it should have been removed years ago.  not in the guise of political correctness, but because it's the right thing to do. 

the "real" racism comment...i'll just leave that alone.

There's a bunch of other issues there, like slavery, but with a pre-industrial revolution style of farming, you simply need a lot of people to work the fields, so the largely agrarian south needed the manpower from somewhere, and it just happened to have been slaves thanks to the existing slave trade.  

I mean, the entire conflict has been on that's basically been there for a very, very long time, and this only a mere symptom of it (and ironically, the North is once again trying to enforce their will on the South), but the Confederates were not Nazis, not even close - so the comparison there is pure propaganda.

​1. the first part sounds almost like a justification for slavery.  and i like how treat slavery as merely an aside...

2. i was comparing the swastika symbol and what it represents to the confederate flag as a symbol and what it represents.  at no time did i say the confederates were nazis--you made that jump.

​you've lost me here.  i'm assuming you are referring to negro and nigger?

are you under the impression that black people today like to be called negro? 

sure the flag may be seen as symbol of "southern pride" to the white man, but to black people it's a symbol of racism, slavery and oppression.

it should have been removed years ago.  not in the guise of political correctness, but because it's the right thing to do. 

the "real" racism comment...i'll just leave that alone.

​Lost you = Context seems clear to me. Surely you are aware that people use "n-word" as an acceptable replacement for nigger?

And "real" racism is referring to actions as opposed to looking for things that hurt your feelings. The Church shootings were "real" racism the Confederate flag controversy spawned from that shooting is not.

• Upvote 1

​1. the first part sounds almost like a justification for slavery.  and i like how treat slavery as merely an aside...

It was part of the conflict, no doubt, but it wasn't central to it until Lincoln basically made the call to "free everyone", and that didn't happen until about halfway through the conflict.  It was also not as prevalent throughout the South as ​some would have you believe.

I want to make it very clear that the practice for slavery is not something that is acceptable, nor was it ever.  However, in pre-industrial mass farming operations, you need a lot of people to work the fields, as you have to do everything by hand.  When you have a massive farm that has about 20 or so acres of crops, that's going to take a lot of manhours (and people) to work the entire thing at a level that will net the farm owners a profit.

It also means that you need to walk the crops daily to weed them, and make sure that everything is OK, that there aren't infections spreading throughout the plants, that you don't have infestations of pests, and then deal with them.  When you don't have industrial equipment, and (IIRC) neither pesticides nor herbicides,  it means you have to use more people to compensate for the lack of technology.

Part of understanding why the South was so pro-slavery is understanding the economic function of slavery and the general state of the Southern economy at that point in time - 'cause if you don't understand the economics of the Civil War, you have missed a very large piece of the puzzle.

2. i was comparing the swastika symbol and what it represents to the confederate flag as a symbol and what it represents.  at no time did i say the confederates were nazis--you made that jump.

​Eh, I've been seeing a lot of that on some of the news feeds that I see on my home page - so the connection's been bouncing around in my head lately.

Apologies for sticking words in your mouth on that one ^^;;;;

Edited by Almagnus1

That's ok, minimum wage turned out cheaper ... rent-a-slave pretty much.

That said...................... should the Portuguese flag be allowed? *grin*