LOTROCommunity
Doro

The Rage Corner

On 2/11/2016 at 8:36 PM, Ardraug said:

The internet, it's faaantastic 

Thanks for the info. So, is this actress really that well known in the UK? Her name did not sound familiar. Turns out I've seen her in an episode of 'Vera', but she did not stick in my memory. Is she really considered a 'film star'? Regardless, it's a shame she cannot be charged with making an obviously false accusation. I hope she loses her Game of Thrones gig and gets sued. If not at least the CPS prosecutor should be charged with a whole host of crimes. Apparently the CPS tampered with the CCTV footage, slowing it down to make it look like Pearson had more time to assault that lying crone. The defense had to hire a forensic expert to restore the footage to show what really happened. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/12146274/Prosecutors-slowed-down-CCTV-in-case-of-commuter-cleared-of-bizarre-sex-assault-on-actress.html

I wonder how long it will take for the regular media to start reporting her name since it's all over social media. Maybe they cannot print her name in the UK, but surely they can here in the US. She's working overtime to remove any mention of her name in Google in reference to this case. She should not get away with this.

51 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Thanks for the info. So, is this actress really that well known in the UK?

Nope. Not sure why the media have gone out of their way to make her seem famous... then again, we do seem to consider absolute nobodies to be 'celebrities' now. There's even the chance that they've done it to draw attention to it in their own way or, conversely, they've done it to try to explain away why it is so one-sided in favour of the bitch.

On a lighter note:

http://www.breitbart.com/education/2016/02/10/fake-blood-and-war-chants-milo-yiannopoulos-event-at-rutgers-disrupted-by-feminists-black-lives-matter-activists/

King Milo is doing a tour of uni campuses and giving lectures. Feminists and Black Lives Matter protesters turned up to oppose him simply because they feel he doesn't share their beliefs enough. Ignoring that his stances on the 'wage-gap' myth and gender inequality are firmly grounded in reality, he also solely chooses black guys as partners.

Seems they'll argue anywhere they can, without properly thinking. Not a surprise!

1 hour ago, Doro said:

Nope. Not sure why the media have gone out of their way to make her seem famous... then again, we do seem to consider absolute nobodies to be 'celebrities' now. There's even the chance that they've done it to draw attention to it in their own way or, conversely, they've done it to try to explain away why it is so one-sided in favour of the bitch.

She may not e well known, but the radio show is.  It get over 5 million listeners a week, so she is just another soap actor and is called famous just like the one on TV even though most people dont know who they are either

On the subject of gender bias, I had a funny encounter on the train today.

I was heading down Putney way in London and when I got on the train the carriage was empty. I took a seat and settled in for the journey. A few stops in, and this train fills up quicker than I expected. No seats at all, most people are standing. No one needy was around to require a seat, so I stayed sitting.

The next stop, this proper old boy gets on. Must have been in his 80s or 90s, but in that classic old person clothing where it's smart but you can tell they've had the same shirt for the last 20 years. He's walking really slow, hunched over, carrying a bouquet of flowers and a bag with all of his bits in it. So I get up and offer him a seat, he's clearly in some need of it. As soon as I do, this woman tries to slide in behind me and take it. The old man already turns away to go back to his spot, thinking he was too slow, but immediately this other bloke already standing puts his hand out to stop her and tries to explain it's for the old guy. She fucking recoiled like a snake. He hadn't touched her, his hand was about two feet away from her, and he was smiling and polite about it. She slinks off huffing and puffing.

Now I offer to carry the old boy's stuff over to the seat for him and we turn, only for ANOTHER woman to try to take the seat. She's just seen the whole thing with the other woman, but she's still up for trying it herself. This time, my girlfriend (who is sitting next to the empty seat) tells her it's for someone else. The second woman doesn't sit down but she doesn't move away either, she just glares at this old man. The old boy says 'oh well I guess I was too slow' and is already resigning himself to giving up again but I tell him that we're saving it for him, so he can take his time, no-one else will take it. The woman looks back down at the seat and back at me, clearly ready to take it, so I point at her then jab my thumb down the train (basically miming for her to fuck off).

Eventually, just as the train sets off, he makes it to the seat (literally only a few feet from him), settles in and gets out an old diary. He's not making any notes in it, he's literally reading it. It finally kicks in that, with the flowers, the diary, being alone, being so close to Valentine's day, and the location (lots of cemeteries), he's probably off to go see a dead loved one. Holy shit, the feels washed over me so quick, I can barely turn to face the windows before my throat gets tight. The only thing that kept me from actually getting teary was that I could hear the two women (who'd both retreated to the doors) bitching about how people shouldn't be able to 'reserve seats on the underground'.

They got off at the next stop. The old boy got off just before my stop.

• Upvote 3

Okay I teared up reading that, Doro. Thank you for helping that man get a seat. I was always taught to offer my seat to anyone older than me. It's a matter of respect if nothing else. BTW, you showed great restraint with those two rude woman. Afraid I would have told them off. 

• Upvote 2

Oh man, that is a heartbreaking story, Doro.  Sometimes I really do think we're meant to be at the right place in the right time.  Virtual brews to you and your girlfriend, mate.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Ardraug said:

Meanwhile, here's what happens if you mess with the SJW's on twitter's latest idea:  The Trust & Safety Council!

@dhmapplethorpe is now suspended of course because Anita panicked about being disagreed with, as usual.

783.jpg

This is my current spirit animal.

With today being the 29 February, most of us will have worked today for nothing.  If you get paid by a fixed salary, you got screwed today

2 hours ago, cossieuk said:

With today being the 29 February, most of us will have worked today for nothing.  If you get paid by a fixed salary, you got screwed today

I only work Wed, Thu, and Fri, so I'm all good! ;)

14 hours ago, Doro said:

I only work Wed, Thu, and Fri, so I'm all good! ;)

...Till a Feb 29th falls on a Wed, Thu or Fri ;)

20 minutes ago, Urwendil said:

...Till a Feb 29th falls on a Wed, Thu or Fri ;)

I never hold a job long enough to make it to another leap year!

10 hours ago, Doro said:

I never hold a job long enough to make it to another leap year!

That's the spirit! _O_

• Upvote 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35708623

I'm already against the very idea of a damn TV licence, and now they're just trying to extend that further. They want to make it so that people who stream shows after live broadcasting also pay the TV licence. And when they realise there's no way of tracking that people have specifically watched BBC shows in their home, they'll probably make it mandatory for all streaming services (just as they did for all TV channels, when it's only the BBC that gets the money).

And to make sure that everyone understands what a complete and utter bell-end he is, John Whittingdale has also said he wants to tackle the use of ad-blockers. In order to help the companies who obviously own him, he wants to block ad-blockers so that people are forced to look at adverts. Otherwise websites won't make enough money and we all know that their profits matter more than personal freedom.

What sort of supposed 'culture secretary' has no fucking clue about what the average internet user wants?

We're living in such an age that utmost corporate motherfuckery owns the state and the majority of the public everywhere in the world.

The older I get the more I sound like a commie... :9~

Not something I read but rather a real life rage.

Early in 2015 my wife, Jeanette started feeling ill. As the year progressed, it became steadily worse. We checked in with the doctors now and then but they could find nothing wrong. She wasn't sick all the time, but it was like sick 3 days, well for 4 days, sick for a week, well for a week. By the end of 2015 I had to take her to the ER a few times and she spent a few says in the hospital. By the beginning of 2016 she was constantly ill. They ran further tests and found her uterus was enlarged and the endometrial  lining was thickened. So we scheduled her for a D&C to thin the lining. The removed tissue wasn't conclusive but the surgeon was concerned because it looked possibly cancerous.

For a little context, if a woman is told she is going to have cancer but she gets to choose the type, Endrometrial Cancer is the best choice. It's generally not an aggressive cancer and it's usually caught early enough that a hysterectomy ends it. It tends to be contained in the lining and no further treatment is usually needed.

So we aren't overly concerned, she's very young, 48, to have it as it's usually an issue with women over 60, and very rare in women under 45, but we've had our kids and while a hysterectomy isn't something to look forward to, it means her being cancer free so we're all good, plus at this point we're not even positive it is cancer, but better safe than sorry.

We set up an appointment at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Mn, about a 2 hr drive from where we live.In. Along with the surgery team there is a pathology team in the operating room who will do the biopsy right away, and if cancerous they'll remove the nearest Lymph Node to check for spreading as a precautionary measure.

A normal uterus is about 150 grams, Jeanette's was over 800 grams and more cancer than healthy tissue it had spread to the Lymph Node, and they could see vascular entry points. Now just before the surgery they did x-rays and other pre-surgery tests, as normal, but the surgeon had seen something in the lungs that he now wanted a closer look at. So about a week to heal, then back to the clinic for a lung biopsy.

And sure as fuck, the cancer has spread to the lungs.

to make a long story short, my wife of 31 years, has now been diagnosed with Grade 3 (very aggressive) Stage 4B cancer. It's a terminal condition, expectations are less than 5 years. I take her in tomorrow for her 1st round of Chemo. The hope is to slow it's advance. Beyond some miracle, there is no cancer-free outcome or remission.

She's going to do 8-12 weeks of Chemo, then we'll reaccess  the options, according to the reduction of the spread rate, if any, how badly she reacts to the Chemo, etc.

Anyways, I've been with the old girl for 30+ years, and she is one of the nicest people I've ever met. She's kind and generous and it just really pisses me off that this is happening to her. We just got our youngest off to college and we're starting to look at the plans we've made for when we had us time again. She went and had her hair cut today to donate to Wigs for Kids which provides wigs free of charge to sick children who've lost their hair. That's the kind of woman she is.

While no one really deserves to go through this, I can think of many people who would be higher on the list than Jeanette, myself included. I really really just hate the universe currently. 

7 hours ago, Spiteful said:

While no one really deserves to go through this, I can think of many people who would be higher on the list than Jeanette, myself included. I really really just hate the universe currently. 

You're a stronger man than me to even be able to type that post out. Here's hoping that miracles are more common than we believe. After all, there's been that recent breakthrough that could help: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35718491