LOTROCommunity

The Rage Corner

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On the subject of gender bias, I had a funny encounter on the train today. I was heading down Putney way in London and when I got on the train the carriage was empty. I took a seat and settled in

With that one story Doro destroys his reputation

So your contention is you've never met a person with a carry/conceal who wasn't ok with the idea of walking into a church, or mall or any public area and just start shooting people. Also that you've n

Posted Images

On 3/4/2016 at 7:33 AM, Doro said:

You're a stronger man than me to even be able to type that post out. Here's hoping that miracles are more common than we believe. After all, there's been that recent breakthrough that could help: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35718491

I wouldn't define it as strength, more like one of many ways I'm trying to come to grips with a situation we never considered, at least not at this point in our lives.

Thank you all for the thoughts, they are much appreciated.

We got the first Chemo treatment done and had a real heart to heart with the Oncologist. Again while anything is possible the realistic outlook is Jeanette living a year.

We also joined a list for any clinical studies or trials that may come up for her type of cancer so that maybe somewhere down the line the research may help someone. She also donated tissue and blood for preservation for future research.

We're going to be selling off some of our assets and make some trips, possibly a cruise, things we've had planned. Her health and doctors needs limiting what we'll accomplish.

The first Chemo treatment went well except for about 10 minutes of sheer terror. One of the drugs had a tendency to cause a reaction the first time it is used. They kinda short sold the reaction. They had no sooner started when she suddenly gasped out loud, her back was seizing terribly then she couldn't breath and turned bright red. They finally got her oxygenated and comfortable again and the rest of the treatment went well. But it was just terrible for her, as well as watching it happen. She's having fatigue and nausea to a small extent but otherwise comfortable.

Anyways I don't mean to bog down this thread and we aren't expecting any new news for about 12 weeks, after this Chemo round is done and the results determined.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My wife passed away this morning while sleeping. She had been home for about 2 weeks since a 3 week hospital stay where we found out the cancer was growing despite Chemo and had also spread to her brain.

There's really not much more I'm up for saying except thank you for the well wishes and such.

• 6 months later...

You have 3 categories of refugees:

- Those flying for war/ political prosecution

- Economical refugees who are willing to improve themself

- Economical refugees who just want to profit/ are criminals

I think we as western countries have a moral duty to help the first, though except for political refugees most of them can be helped much closer to the region they are fleeing from.
I also think we should help the 2nd group, but that's mostly because we need to prevent them from coming. We have 500 million, they are with 5 billion.

The last group is the biggest problem, and that's where the politicians fail. I think this group is responsible for 90% of the shit, but only 5-10% of the refugees. So most refugees are just victims and the politicians focus on them.

6 hours ago, Thrabath said:

I think we as western countries have a moral duty to help the first...

i don't agree.  especially not when in many of these EU countries, refugees are bumping local citizens out of housing & other services.  any countries moral obligation is to its OWN citizens first.  not to mention the damage to "the public purse" & infrastructure this mass immigration is causing.

the West owes these people nothing.

& as to the moral obligation; it is rather ironic...

6 hours ago, Thrabath said:

...though except for political refugees most of them can be helped much closer to the region they are fleeing from.

no one is surprised Israel isn't taking in refugees, however...   Saudi Arabia, Qatar, United Arab Emirates or Bahrain?  arguably the most rich nations in the Arab world are also not helping.

however in one form or another all the above are funding some of the various wars and conflicts resulting in the crisis to begin with.  & that same money & politicking (not just the Clinton Foundation is guilty here) is behind the push to move mass immigrants into EU (& Western) nations.

the West needs to immediately push this back.  heck collectively, we should be sending countries of the Arabian peninsula a bill.  & if they don't pay up...  either untie Israels hands to put a smack down on the Saudis, or we do it ourselves.  would go miles to resolving the crisis & cost far less in the long run.

so glad Russia was finally able to step in and help their ally Syria; the headway made with that move has lead to many Syrians returning home:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/615466/Vladimir-Putin-refugee-crisis-Islamic-State-ISIS-Syria-Bashar-Assad

Thrabath, the Wests morale duties have been ass-backwards for far too long & that has a in large been due to money exchanged by the powerful.  i hope with all these recent political shifts, that change that is long overdue, will see actual results that benefit, not just the west, but ultimately the whole planet.

11 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

And people are stunned that Trump took the position he did on Muslims....

they were wrong about pretty much everything leading up to Trumps election & they are wrong now about his actual intentions.

supposed educated people are soo quick to label contentions with Islam as racism against Arabs, yet they are quiet ignorant of a religious past that superseded Islam by over 1000 years...  Zoroastrianism among Persians.  just google "difference between Arab & Persian"  or have a look back at some of the first conflicts Islam had with another religious view...

Islam does NOT peacefully coexist with other faiths, but Globally has come into conflict with almost ALL of them.  they don't just despise Jews, but also Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists & so on.  "Peaceful Muslims" are the exception, rather than the rule & it is no irony that the bulk of those "legally migrated" to the West.

the atrocities in Indonesia in the name of Islam, are also another place to look & that is NOT a country of Arabs.

so when folk say Islam is NOT a race, or Muslims aren't a race...  that isn't just a bit of excuse making, but rather a vary nuanced and significant thing.  the ideology is the problem & fundamentally it is NOT compatible with the West.

why else would western nations be advertising to women to wear head scarves to avoid sexual harassment, or rape.  or that one should learn Arabic.  or that Sharia law be adapted, etc.  it is absurd on its face.  co-existing does not require conversion, why would it?  & that is how you separate the compatible from the conflict.

Ok, you got some very generalized statements there that you need to revise in regards to the following:

Islam has a few derivations (like Christianity has Lutherans, Orthodox and Catholics, among others) and if you take a minute to check out the historical religions of many of the countries surrounding Syria, you will notice that they do not play well. We may call the islamic arabs as a VERY generalized term, but that is a pretty ignorant statement if you consider that the Wahabites in Saudi Arabia hate the guts of th... jeez, here have an image, read up.

1032px-Islam_branches_and_schools.svg.pn

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam#Denominations

So claiming that the richest are not helping out is just not the whole truth, nor relevant in all cases.

You claim these things from one of the largest countries in the world with very few citizens per square mile and a working social and healthcare system that the "west" should push the immigrants back? Ok. Please elaborate how? Shooting them on sight? Letting the starve to death? Gas bunkers...? We took in about 160.000 refugees last year. I am not involved in that, I have not met them, but I do know that if other countries took in a few more, the burden per country would be much less than it is today. So how many did Canada take in?

Frankly, you are pretty much full of crap.

Sweden's major issue abut immigrants and refugees is housing them. We are short on apartments, houses, condoes, you name it, this is partly because we have underestimated the need for actually building new housing  for at least a decade plus the fact we have so anal rules about building that it takes about 4-6 years to get all the planning and consents for your average 6 floor apartment building, Germany does it in about 18 months or some like that. We are full of young people refusing simple jobs because they all wanna be bosses or rockstars and ignore anything in between so our unemployment is not that big, about 6-7%, but we need people for those simpler unqualified jobs, since our own population don't want them but scream loud as hell when someone is not emptying the garbage bin. 

About feminism, I do not recognize your description and would ask you to elaborate a bit more. Swedens government has declared itself Feminist, but if you check the parliament and how much support you will see they have about 40% tops of the members, that counting coalition parties like the Green and the left.

Yes, I am swede, and a local politician to that. 

12 minutes ago, Marancil said:

Ok, you got some very generalized statements there that you need to revise in regards to the following:

Islam has a few derivations (like Christianity has Lutherans, Orthodox and Catholics, among others) and if you take a minute to check out the historical religions of many of the countries surrounding Syria, you will notice that they do not play well. We may call the islamic arabs as a VERY generalized term, but that is a pretty ignorant statement if you consider that the Wahabites in Saudi Arabia hate the guts of th... jeez, here have an image, read up.

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam#Denominations

So claiming that the richest are not helping out is just not the whole truth, nor relevant in all cases.

You claim from one of the largest countries in the world with very few citizens per square mile and a working social and healthcare system that the "west" should push the immigrants back? Ok. Please elaborate how? Shooting them on sight? Letting the starve to death? Gas bunkers...? We took in about 160.000 refugees last year. I am not involved in that, I have not met them, but I do know that if other conties took in a few more, the burden per country would be much less than it is today. So how many did Canada take in?

Frankly, you are pretty much full of crap.

Swedens major issue abut immigrants and refugees is housing them. We are short on apartments, houses, condoes, you name it, this is partly because we have underestimated the need for actually building new housing plus the fact we have so anal rules about building that it takes about 4-6 years to get all the planning and consents for you average 6 floor apartment buildings, Germany does it in about 18 months or some like that.

About feminism, I do not recognize your description and would ask you to elaborate a bit more. Swedens government has declared itself Feminist, but if you check the parliament and how much support you will see they have about 40% tops of the members, that counting coalition parties like the Green and the left.

Yes, I am swede, and a local politician to that. 

I agree with you on most things here. Lasrael does come out with quite a lot of crap in his last 2 posts.

Advertising that women wear headscarves? I've never seen that, he would need to provide evidence of that to back it up. And which Western Nations is he talking about? Or is he just making broad sweeping statements. 

Learn Arabic?

Adapt Sharia Law?

I've never seen that suggested anywhere. I do know that some muslims in the UK would love for Sharia Law to be implemented throughout, but they are in the vast minority among muslims. At work, there are 2 volunteers who are muslims from Egypt. I've never seen them harass any of the women there for not wearing headscarves. I've never heard them wanting to impose Sharia. I've never heard them say that everyone should learn Arabic. So, I'm calling BS on most of Lasrael's statements, unless he can provide more than a few articles as evidence.

Anecdotal Evidence > Articles in the print media.

As far as his statements about Sweden being a feminist country. No. Just no. We are, as a nation, more liberal and more gender equal than most others, but that doesn't mean we are feminists. Sadly, I think the incessant need from the Government to want everything to be 50/50 between men and women in relation to government posts is counter-productive, and not in the best interest of the country as a whole. It should be the best person for the job, regardless of the gender of the person. Sadly, this isn't the case at all, especially not when you look at the collection of ministers that we have currently, and how capable they are of actually doing their jobs.

As for you, Marancil, you are a local politician? You sound as though you are a member of one of the Opposition parties, which I hold as a good thing!

1 hour ago, Marancil said:

We are full of young people refusing simple jobs because they all wanna be bosses or rockstars and ignore anything in between so our unemployment is not that big, about 6-7%, but we need people for those simpler unqualified jobs, since our own population don't want them but scream loud as hell when someone is not emptying the garbage bin. 

I see this quite often here in the UK (pre and post Brexit), that the immigrants are "taking all the jobs".  Never mind the fact that some of the British are known for being lazy fuckers who can't be bothered to work the jobs they deem beneath them in the first place, but that won't stop them from making such ridiculous statements.

40 minutes ago, LordVorontur said:

Learn Arabic?

Adapt Sharia Law?

I've never seen that suggested anywhere.

^ I've seen this splattered all over Facebook and other sites for years, it's fake news (of course) but people apparently are willing to believe it.  

On 08/12/2016 at 10:57 AM, LasraelLarson said:

they were wrong about pretty much everything leading up to Trumps election & they are wrong now about his actual intentions.

supposed educated people are soo quick to label contentions with Islam as racism against Arabs, yet they are quiet ignorant of a religious past that superseded Islam by over 1000 years...  Zoroastrianism among Persians.  just google "difference between Arab & Persian"  or have a look back at some of the first conflicts Islam had with another religious view...

Islam does NOT peacefully coexist with other faiths, but Globally has come into conflict with almost ALL of them.  they don't just despise Jews, but also Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists & so on.  "Peaceful Muslims" are the exception, rather than the rule & it is no irony that the bulk of those "legally migrated" to the West.

the atrocities in Indonesia in the name of Islam, are also another place to look & that is NOT a country of Arabs.

so when folk say Islam is NOT a race, or Muslims aren't a race...  that isn't just a bit of excuse making, but rather a vary nuanced and significant thing.  the ideology is the problem & fundamentally it is NOT compatible with the West.

why else would western nations be advertising to women to wear head scarves to avoid sexual harassment, or rape.  or that one should learn Arabic.  or that Sharia law be adapted, etc.  it is absurd on its face.  co-existing does not require conversion, why would it?  & that is how you separate the compatible from the conflict.

The key to ask anyone is whether there ought to be state sanction for apostasy. Most people in the West would likely say no. Most in the Muslim world, judging by current law (and other polling), would probably say yes. It's a very large problem.

Good indicator of who is "moderate" and who isn't.

1 hour ago, LordVorontur said:

As for you, Marancil, you are a local politician? You sound as though you are a member of one of the Opposition parties, which I hold as a good thing!

I am. That being said, there is a huge difference between being a local politician and a "national" one. The ones in government are more bound by the party agenda and can, when needed, hide behind policy and whatnot, we can not. The most interesting matter is that we co-rule our local council with the opposition. We have for 6 years now, and it works very well, because we are not tied up by the prestige thinking and the theoretical discussion in the capital or on higher levels of government. Sure, we scrape now and then due to "official" policy, but in general its all a matter of common sense and practical politics.

Sadly we see tendencies even here that some people only care about next election, which is inhibiting true long term thinking in so many ways. And we need long term solutions. Desperately.