LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Trilwych

Four Years in Telara: By the numbers infographic

http://community.riftgame.com/2015/03/06/by-the-numbers-4-years-in-telara/

There are more Guardian toons now than Defiant! Dwarves are still rarest.

More male than female toons.

You can also forget about the claim codes working since only 1000 can be redeemed. :P

Cleric is least common class at 20%, but that's still a pretty even spread.

...And lots of big numbers for kills, quests completed, rifts closed, etc.

In other news, Trion has said they're planning something big for the 5th anniversary next year.

What do you think about the guy with ~17k play-hours? That's nearly 2 years of being logged in... in a 4 yo game.

Just how crazy is that... S.Korea bows with respect :)

I can't even fathom how he did that. Just...no. I'm sure WoW has plenty of players like that, but still--we hear of people dropping dead at internet cafes. That just ain't healthy.

The number of quests done and mobs killed is kind of scary.

I would love to see something like this done in LOTRO, that could be interesting

What do you think about the guy with ~17k play-hours? That's nearly 2 years of being logged in... in a 4 yo game.

Just how crazy is that... S.Korea bows with respect :)

That works out at 11.5 hours every day. Either they are the most hard core gamer in history, or they just leave the game running and have some program press a key every few minutes to keep them logged in

I guess that's possible. If he's a student, they also don't have the 8-hr workday to contend with.

I guess that's possible. If he's a student, they also don't have the 8-hr workday to contend with.

Even as a student they would need to go to class sometime, or they could just sit and play and fail their course.

I wonder how much platinum they have.

If the number is real, it's possible to be a person with some disability. Physically restrained to a chair but otherwise capable of prolonged game times. Who knows.

It would be a sad story, but those are real too. Anyway, I meant only kudos to this fellow and I hope s/he won't die of gaming :)

I watched students in law school play WoW during classes, so... Yeah. (Note: Don't let these people be your attorneys!)

I watched students in law school play WoW during classes, so... Yeah. (Note: Don't let these people be your attorneys!)

Uni was different when I went, but this was well before WoW existed.

He probably went afk and left his computer running while sleeping, eating, classes etc. We've all seen people do crazier things just so they could show up on some top something list.

I guess with something that prevents afk-logout. Danchir's suggestion is possible too, though. Ah well, more power to him. Hopefully he's a whale supporting Rift. ;)

Not in engineering. Unless as already stated the students wants to fail all their classes :P

Due to complaints about how limiting the 1000-use codes are for an anniversary gift, Trion has opted to email codes to everyone. So check your email. :)

Hail, Ascended! You might have noticed our 4th Anniversary Infographic Loot Codes were snapped up in record time. But don’t fret: we’ve reissued codes good now through March 15th for all to enjoy!

P.S.: And someone reports you need to LOG IN before using the redeem code box.

This was a great thing to do I think, does not cost them anything but gives them plenty of goodwill, apart from someone complaining about items not being rare anymore - well sorry that the rest of the world got some loot too... sheesh!  :D

But did we not get the birthday cakes in the mail previous years or was that just in the beginning? I seem to have a decaying half-year cake in the vault somewhere :)

I guess with something that prevents afk-logout. Danchir's suggestion is possible too, though. Ah well, more power to him. Hopefully he's a whale supporting Rift. ;)

Or... he pressed the auto-run key and found a safe corner to jog on the spot in? I know I used to put a small weight on my keys to stop AFK log outs in games like Counter-strike, so I'd just spin in a circle in spawn :P

I have the 3-year cake. I still haven't used it on any of my characters, not sure why (it's consumable and you only ever get one, I guess). I heard the 4-year cake is in the world event vendor, but I still don't know what these anniversary birthday cakes are for, anyway. :P

The 4 year cake is on the world events vendor and costs 10 prize tickets or 20 credits. No idea what it does

Has anyone used any of the previous cakes? LOL

My packrat tendencies are difficult to overcome...

So I went and got some prize tickets and bought the cake. You place it on the ground and then you and other players can use it and get a bonus to endurance of 40 for 1 hour. No idea it if stacks with other endurance buffs or not

Ohh, so it's a shared buff like some of the other high-level food consumables. Thanks for the experiment! ;)

Ohh, so it's a shared buff like some of the other high-level food consumables. Thanks for the experiment! ;)

It is only shared if you click on the cake that is on the ground, it does auto share to everyone you are in a group with.

Makes sense. I guess I'll just let it keep a bank slot for now, at least. Some people have kept every single cake gotten since beta (those "half year" cakes, hahaha).