LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
vr00mie

1.6.5 Patch notes

I can read the forums, but I get access denied when I try and log in, 3 days before B2P launches, not a good sign.

Well you are not missing much by not logging into the forums or the game at this point.... oh but there was this little items someone posted in the thread this morning which is good for a laugh...

No one has any comments about Tamriel Unlimited?

I'm still feeling my way around. I like that all my toons can use Champion points. I really, REALLY like like what they did with mounts. I was buying 2 mounts, one with maxxed vault space for PvE and 1 with max speed for PvP, now I can (I think) max all 3 attributes on every mount. The store seems unobtrusive (for now), I'll post some screenies as soon as I buy another CPU fan.

No one has any comments about Tamriel Unlimited?

I'm still feeling my way around. I like that all my toons can use Champion points. I really, REALLY like like what they did with mounts. I was buying 2 mounts, one with maxxed vault space for PvE and 1 with max speed for PvP, now I can (I think) max all 3 attributes on every mount. The store seems unobtrusive (for now), I'll post some screenies as soon as I buy another CPU fan.

What is there to say?  Nothing is fundamentally different because of the doors opening up.  Changes were due to CS system and 1.6 update which happened before this.

CPs on alts are ok, assuming you like to faceroll the faceroll content even more than it already is. 

Yeah, the combined stats on horses were nice.

Only had time to play a little bit last night, so haven't been able to test it out much yet.

Found no p2w items in the store, but did buy me an adorable house-cat pet.

Lots of people on the server. Wherever I went it was crowded.

Hopefully I'll get some more time to play this weekend.

CPs on alts are ok, assuming you like to faceroll the faceroll content even more than it already is. 

I get it, you hate the game now that it's B2P, but I've never found ESO content to be a faceroll, I must suck at all my classes, nothing like LOTRO  :P

I get it, you hate the game now that it's B2P, but I've never found ESO content to be a faceroll, I must suck at all my classes, nothing like LOTRO  :P

Actually, my dislike for the constant nerfing of things happened way before B2P, and hate would imply caring enough about it to hate it, which sadly I just don't.  The content is about as faceroll as you can get for levels 1-50 and if you have CPs on a lowbie, it is just that much easier.  As for vet content, that got a nerf bat last summer, then again in 1.4, then again in 1.5.  Now in 1.6 it is a little more normal but it is still very below what it was in terms of challenge when VR first launched.  The only things worth any thought right now are vet DSA or Sanctum, but even that you can farm pretty easy once you have a decent team.  ESO had, --- and still  has --- plenty of fun things in general as a game, but challenging combat is not one of them, sorry.

You should try LOTRO again to see what faceroll content really is, as for vet dungeons on farm, isn't that the goal of every raid group? It was with every raid group in every game I've ever played, once you learn it the challenge is gone, has been in every game I've played. You then farm your shineys.

You should try LOTRO again to see what faceroll content really is, as for vet dungeons on farm, isn't that the goal of every raid group? It was with every raid group in every game I've ever played, once you learn it the challenge is gone, has been in every game I've played. You then farm your shineys.

No thanks - LotrO was already faceroll-noteworthy even before HD let alone now, lol.  And besides TB is not a company I will ever give my money to again.

As for farming raids, duh.  Of course you do.  But you usually take a while to get there, not after one run with a team.  My last guild had Sanctum down after one run.  That is not because they are such uber players.  It is because the dungeons in ESO are all made off the same, predictable formula and too easy.  They need to incorporate more diversity of mechanics, require use of utility skills to survive, etc.   We have been asking combat devs and Sage about this since the Guild Summit, and they always say "yes, we would like this too" yada yada.... never happens.  Grouping in ESO is pretty much an afterthought, unfortunately. 

At least LotrO in the eraly years I played it -- thank god -- was the opposite and raids in the game were interesting, challenging, and fun.  With ESO setting the bar this low at the beginning, it was pretty disappointing on that score.  I hope they may revist the notion but considering the constant focus on solo play and the QQ fest from everyone that it needs to be even easier, I doubt it.

I did get to play a bit this weekend, not much, but atleast a couple of hours.

Loads of people online. Was able to finish up my Dark Anchor deeds, err I mean achivements, in the VR zones. Atleast they are still difficult enough for me not being able to solo them (although I can imagine a fully kitted VR14 might. I am VR10 with pretty crappy gear atm).

Other landscape content didn't really seem much easier than before, but you can feel the heavy armour and stamina buffs. My heavy armour 2-hand orc felt pretty strong. My lvl 17 light armour Templar still has to be careful with what he pulls.

I like the Champion system, and cannot wait for the VR ranks are removed. I do feel (like many has expressed) that some of the CP bonuses are too strong, and might create a very large gap between players.

Did some PvP today, and yes, it is quite laggy in the large fights. And the problem is that the "stay away from the zerg" solution doesn't really help, since there's not much you can do solo in Cyrodiil (except PvE). Sure, you can make a small group to take farms, lumbermills and that third one that I've forgotten. But chances are that the zerg will come for you if you do.

I think the game really needs an arena with 1v1s, and perhaps 4v4s. But they would need to make a decent matchmaking system for it.

I didn't really see too many in the VR4 zone for Dominion, I'm VR8 from grinding Crag. I had trouble finding people to help with WB's. I've found out how to solo Anchors, make 1 pull and try and kill 1 NPC before you have to run and reset, rinse and repeat until you can sneak in there and close one of the thingys, more rinse and repeat. Not pretty, but it clears the achievement.

I'm really liking the Justice system, it allows my stealthy Vampire NB to wander around towns and feed, kill, and steal. Legerdemain passives are rather meh, but a few are handy for a stealth class.

So I canceled my sub right after the crafting dailies started, looked at blacksmithing, looked rather meh, and logged out for a few months. I still think the equipment crafting dailies are meh, way too many resources for what you get, but the consumable dailies are amazing.

For Alchemy I rarely have to craft anything, I usually have the needed items in my bag.

For Enchanting it's even better, make 1 glyph, receive 1 or 2 back, and if I get a survey map it's pure win, 2 Kuta's 2 days in a row.

For Provisioning it's not too shabby, craft 1 food 1 drink, get premium mats back and a recipe, so far recipes I don't have, my only wish is that Provisioning had survey maps.

So, has there been any word on the removal of Veteran Ranks yet?

I played a little this weekend, but to be honest, I just don't feel like grinding more VR's when the system is getting removed.

Also, played a bit on my low level alt, and man, they sure nerfed Doshia to the ground. I went in there at lvl 9 with lvl4-6 crafted gear and just facerolled it. I remember beta when it was a real PITA @ lvl 12 with good gear (even if you knew the mechanics)