LOTROCommunity

Grand Stairs, Icy Crevasse and Storm on Methedras are currently "closed"

It would appear that yesterday's patch "closed" Grand Stairs, Icy Crevasse and Storm on Methedras. These no longer feature in the "Join Instance" panel.

It was not mentioned in the patch notes.

Frelorn made the following statement over on the Official Forums.

"We have closed these down due to some unintended behaviors, in particular with the end bosses and not being able to complete the instances. At this time we do not yet have an ETA as to when they will be available again."

I think it's mostly that we weren't informed in the patch notes that they were being removed 'for whatever reason'.

Lack of communication with customers is, in my opinion, what people are ragey about. 

Wasn't the point of yesterday's patch to 'improve' the music system?... I logged on and tried out a couple of instruments, they didnt really sound any different from what I remember however they sounded much quieter... Seems like another waste of developer time, I wonder what percentage of players 'actively' use the music system... I wonder if it is more than the 'less than 10%' of raiders and PVPers. Now the 'improvements' have only gone and broken some other content. I'm sure this will be used as an excuse to 'delay' the U16 'instance cluster' while they fix what they broke with a pointless update. 

People on the OF are reporting other things being broken today as well.  Not looking very good right now.

Even the OF isn't working properly if we're to believe dear Frelorn: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?566232-You-could-say-this-is-a-complaint-I-guess&p=7341530#post7341530

Due to the "funky" nature of the forums right now there are in some cases some PM's that end up in the ether ...

And then there's Rick going fullblown Soon on the reward codes from Extra Life 2014 :D

And then there's Rick going fullblown Soon on the reward codes from Extra Life 2014 :D

I saw that.  Let's see, first it was "it's a lot of work, and just poor little old me doing it, be patient",  then "internet provider flagged the emails as spam and blocked them", then "traveling...so much traveling..."

Last year he ended up getting some Turbine folks to mail them out for him.  

Doesn't look like he has that lifeline available to him this year, so anyone want to bet on how it plays out?

Seriously, why does a grown man need to be prodded to take responsibility for his own damn job by a former co-worker (who's only doing it because he inherited the job left by the aforementioned irresponsible jerk and is trying to appease his upset community members).  

Today, 01:45 PM#273
user-online.pngCommunity Manager

Join Date Jul 2006 Location Westwood, MA Posts 865

I just reached out to Sapience about this. He has told me that they are sorting things out as fast as they can and that he will send out a notification tweet on his account as soon as everything is done and set to. I would appreciate in the meantime that folks refrain from personal attacks on him, each other or the charity, here on the forums.

Andy "Frelorn" Cataldo - Senior Community Manager

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Because he got his money for the charity and giving his rewards out 5 months after his event closes isn't a priority?

Didn't the event occur on November 7th of last year?

Something like that, though he was taking money thru Dec. 31, and told people not to expect anything till after the beginning of the year.  So, only 3-ish months later.  But now it's too close to Easter, and you know how busy things get then.

And summer vacation is coming up, you can't expect him to give up personal time to make good on his promises, can you?  CAN YOU?????

I saw that.  Let's see, first it was "it's a lot of work, and just poor little old me doing it, be patient",  then "internet provider flagged the emails as spam and blocked them", then "traveling...so much traveling..."

Did you see the part where, close to the day he promised to send the codes out, Sapience posted on his facebook page about how he was playing videos games.

Sapience posted:

"Still hammering away at Rocksmith. Tonight in frustration (my fingers don't like chords) I tried the "simulated bass" mode and took on a few songs. After scoring an average of 95% proficient on two song in less than 20 minutes of practice I think I may want to go troll craigslist for a bass."

Busted! I have a feeling he just doesn't want to do this extra work.

• Upvote 1

Because he got his money for the charity and giving his rewards out 5 months after his event closes isn't a priority?

Didn't the event occur on November 7th of last year?

Well you'd think so, but Rick stated that it was his top priority and people are picking up on that.

https://twitter.com/rickheaton/status/571500774368399361

Well you'd think so, but Rick stated that it was his top priority and people are picking up on that.

He's a PR spin man, always has been.

If people believe everything a salesman sold them well...I'll leave it at that.

Would he have gotten the job at extra-life if he hadn't brought in $50k plus from lotro players for 2 years?

Why people aren't going to his forums for extralife directly is beyond me. Instead of raging on the Lotro forums, they should be raging on 'his' forums to get some buzz going about how he has failed at keeping his promises.

Would he have gotten the job at extra-life if he hadn't brought in $50k plus from lotro players for 2 years?

Why people aren't going to his forums for extralife directly is beyond me. Instead of raging on the Lotro forums, they should be raging on 'his' forums to get some buzz going about how he has failed at keeping his promises.

He'd probably just delete the posts and ban those users.  Community manager and all that.

Well I know better than to believe anything he says, but others havent gotten to that point yet.

Who says they haven't tried?

giphy.gif

Wasn't the point of yesterday's patch to 'improve' the music system?... I logged on and tried out a couple of instruments, they didnt really sound any different from what I remember however they sounded much quieter.

A.  LMB will probably think something happened, and I'd wager they'll be giving plenty of feedback, in advance of Weatherstock.

B.  The rest of the playerbase takes a backseat to a small percentage that use the music system at any length ... again.