LOTROCommunity

Grand Stairs, Icy Crevasse and Storm on Methedras are currently "closed"

Moderate Peril

"We have closed these down due to some unintended behaviors, in particular with the end bosses and not being able to complete the instances. At this time we do not yet have an ETA as to when they will be available again."

Sounds like they fired so many people, there's nobody left who knows how to fix this ...

• Upvote 1

Anybody ever play Truth or Dare with Rick?  Bet he always takes Dare because he doesnt seem to be able to tell the truth much

Then in that case if he chooses Dare, you dare him to tell the truth for the next century.

Sounds like they fired so many people, there's nobody left who knows how to fix this ...

undoubtedly even before the last two layoff sessions they were struggling to understand basic  underlying systems. remember RoR and the great and awesome itemization revamp that actually made it LESS balanced across level ranges afterwards than prior?  Or the repeat loot trains It sponsored? {note: this isn't a dig at Rocx; that job was simply bigger than one guy} The Class revamps themselves: it's an open secret that they had nothing to do with skill bloat, merely they were an attempt to simplify the system to correspond to the talent pool(or lack thereof) of personnel.   Draigoch gets oft mentioned and it's by no means the  worse offender by a long shot; but it's probably the 1st major indication Turbines available expertize with it's own game was severely limited.  As far back as MoM there were exploits in those instances that to a large degree never got fixed, although I'm not sure if they stayed as long as they did because they didn't feel up to addressing them, or they found the "work arounds" interesting in their own right to leave them in.  All the ones that stayed in had trade offs so it may be the case they let sleeping dogs lie.

EDIT The law of unintended consequences is present in any game even those with healthy management, appropriate staffing levels, subject matter experts, and adequate funding.  None of these things is Turbine going to be accused of in any of it's games.  That of course exacerbates the problem to impressive proportions.   IC at leats got mass ammounts of $ thrown at it at least but it takes a tad more than that.   If the devs designing it actually played MOBA's it might have been a different story.

• Upvote 1

I don't know if I'd go as far as incompetence at least on the dev side( I wouldn't call them paragons of creative game design but not incompetent, just there for a paycheck), for the upstairs people? Sure; the ability to actually LOOSE most of your market share because of your decisions, and lack of understanding your product/audience, is not a mark of a bright businessman/woman.  Same with investors who invest in products/concepts they have no expertise in (which is fairly unique to the games industry in regards to scale)and as a consequence have an un-realistic perception on return. 

I will say that post AC Turbine has never been adept at setting reachable goals.  Dreaming big is great if you have even a snowballs chance of attaining it but for much of it's history post AC they've consistently tried to 2-3-4+ MMos at the same time without full teams for each.  They always tended to steal from peter to pay Paul in terms of both resources and dev time.  That type of creative accounting/personnel management will always bite you in the *** sooner or later.  When even MS drops you like a bad date one would think a little introspection is in order vis vis goals/resources.

There is simply no way around it, any game mmo or otherwise requires a certain level of uninterrupted(playing musical chairs does not count as uninterrupted)  time, resources and warm bodies.  If you short change any of those or a combination, you'll always end up looking dazed/confused.  No matter how good your ideas are.

Did you see the part where, close to the day he promised to send the codes out, Sapience posted on his facebook page about how he was playing videos games.

Sapience posted:

Busted! I have a feeling he just doesn't want to do this extra work.

De-lurking here, which I haven't often done.

Yeah, I saw it and felt obligated to point it out on the OF.

And then, after he told Frelorn "that they are sorting things out as fast as they can" he posted on facebook his plan for the evening ... going to watch Breakfast Club at a theater and shopping for a bass to play more Rocksmith with, which he did.  Obviously it remains a top priority on which he is very focused.

Also, I've discovered that he is not only proficient in the use of the Ban-Hammer, but in his offhand he carries his well worn Later-Stamp.

More extra-life deliverables (PS4s this time, it seems) that he's not sent out being discussed yesterday on the extra-life forums, again the same vague verbage that gives no real explanation of just the problems are or whats being done to overcome them.  

none have been sent. We're working on it. We hit some snags in the fulfillment end of things and we have to work through them. Unfortunately we haven't had any updates to share, so that's why you didn't hear anything new.

De-lurking here, which I haven't often done.

Yeah, I saw it and felt obligated to point it out on the OF.

And then, after he told Frelorn "that they are sorting things out as fast as they can" he posted on facebook his plan for the evening ... going to watch Breakfast Club at a theater and shopping for a bass to play more Rocksmith with, which he did.  Obviously it remains a top priority on which he is very focused.

Also, I've discovered that he is not only proficient in the use of the Ban-Hammer, but in his offhand he carries his well worn Later-Stamp.

More extra-life deliverables (PS4s this time, it seems) that he's not sent out being discussed yesterday on the extra-life forums, again the same vague verbage that gives no real explanation of just the problems are or whats being done to overcome them.  

Old Rick still has that mental block on using the word "sorry".