LOTROCommunity

April fools! (2015)

LasraelLarson

well what are the big game companies up to this year?

http://massivelyop.net/2015/04/01/your-mmo-april-fools-roundup/

GW2 old timey airplane even had me log in to check it out myself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz4RnG6eH2U

the sepia graphic style & old film flicker effects, characters making the plane noises, & the GW2 old recording style death music... all there.  something tells me i may not be waiting for an expansion purchase to increase my storage and jump back in.

& what did Turbine/Lotro do?  i heard a bunch of instances and skirmishes are closed, or not working...

April Fools!  ;)

Is a cluster announced for U16?

I loved the oil rig idea :D

This was my favorite:

When activated, the system will prompt the player to enter a desired world size and will then attempt to place them in a layer with a matching population. Setting the desired world size to 1 will download and install WB’s RPG Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor.

Blizzard, as usual, did a bunch of stuff.

Heroes of the Storm announced "Big Head Mode", which makes the heads of all the heroes much larger than normal. They actually turned this on in the game for a day; it's not just a web site gag.

WoW announced a dating service feature that would allow you to send your garrison followers out to find mates/romantic partners for themselves.

StarCraft announced a collectable keepsake for the upcoming "Legacy of the Void" expansion - a life-size, functional Protoss starship. This is listed in the Blizzard Store for only $9.9M, but unfortunately out of stock. (StarCraft also announced the end of Legacy of the Void beta, which began the day before...)

I can't find any announcement about an IC for U16.

Honestly, did they actually just announce an IC in an April Fools thread. The problem is I really wouldn't put it past them... 7(8)7

Nah, it was mentioned in the Producers Letter as well: https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/2015-producers-letter

New Fellowship Challenges: As we push into the heart of the War of the Ring, this is the perfect time for us to renew our focus on group content and instances. Expect new instances in Osgiliath, along with additional Roving Threats and group content on the landscape.

Also, grats on 1337 posts :P :P

I can't find any announcement about an IC for U16.

Honestly, did they actually just announce an IC in an April Fools thread. The problem is I really wouldn't put it past them... 7(8)7

Whilst the producers letter did say some group stuff was coming in 2015, yes, they did just announce it would be in U16 in an April Fools thread!

The forum user friendsofthetooks on the OF suggested:

they should have added a festival quest to port party tree or some place only to see theres nothing as April fools joke smile.png

Now, that's actually a nice idea and it would cost practically nothing. The question is, why can't Turbine think of something like this itself?

They are not as creative as their playerbase? No problem, they have the Player Council for that purpose!!

Didn't Turbine create an April fools quest where you had to run a chicken from Grams to GV? You even got the 'fool' title from it. I think they had to close it down due to 'server lag' though and possibly griefing of people like they Heydts.

The forum user friendsofthetooks on the OF suggested:

Now, that's actually a nice idea and it would cost practically nothing. The question is, why can't Turbine think of something like this itself?

They are not as creative as their playerbase? No problem, they have the Player Council for that purpose!!

To be fair, I could see how that would be misconstrued. They're a company infamous for providing shit all to their customers and claiming it's content, so doing something like that could be seen as a jab at the playerbase.

Didn't Turbine create an April fools quest where you had to run a chicken from Grams to GV? You even got the 'fool' title from it. I think they had to close it down due to 'server lag' though and possibly griefing of people like they Heydts.

Yes they did, I got the title on my hunter. They closed it as creeps were just standing at the spawn point in the moors and one shotting the chickens as they spawned.