LOTROCommunity

Bullroarer U16 Notes

Ilodid

Oh holy shit! Now this is only for Bullroarer so may or may not affect server transfers when those happen, I really don't know, but given Turbines implementation of so many things...

Every item that is associated with your character is identified in the game with a code called an 'IID'. Every single item is assigned a unique IID, so a stack of 10 Mithril flakes will have a unique IID assigned to each flake. This IID is permanent, and sticks with the item no matter where it goes - from creation (when it is looted to a character's inventory) to mail to auction house to when it's destroyed (when used to craft an item or sold to a vendor).

When Character A is copied and he has Mithril flakes in his inventory, those Mithril flakes will copy, with their unique IID's, to Bullroarer. Then, back on Live, if the original Character A gives even one of those SAME Mithril flakes to Character B, and then Character B attempts to copy to Bullroarer, there will be an IID conflict and Character B will fail, as two identical IIDs cannot exist on the same database. Character B does not even need to be your character - this can happen if you sold those Mithril flakes on the Auction and both characters attempt to be copied to Bullroarer.

The costs to max a LI are ludicrous.

To add another legacy slot cost - 99 MC

To swap a legacy costs - 79 MC

To add another rank to a legacy - 35 MC

Damage can have at most 5 more ranks added while all other legacies can have 15 more ranks

Assuming you get a new LI at level 100 with only 3 legacies and you want 7 all maxed and maximum damage it would cost and dont want to swap any legacies

4*99 = 396

7*15*35 = 3675

5*35 = 175

Total cost for 1 LI - 4246 MC

250 MC currently costs 2000 TP, meaning you would need 34000 TP to max one LI. You would need to spend £237 to buy those points.

Oh holy shit! Now this is only for Bullroarer so may or may not affect server transfers when those happen, I really don't know, but given Turbines implementation of so many things...

Every item that is associated with your character is identified in the game with a code called an 'IID'. Every single item is assigned a unique IID, so a stack of 10 Mithril flakes will have a unique IID assigned to each flake. This IID is permanent, and sticks with the item no matter where it goes - from creation (when it is looted to a character's inventory) to mail to auction house to when it's destroyed (when used to craft an item or sold to a vendor).

When Character A is copied and he has Mithril flakes in his inventory, those Mithril flakes will copy, with their unique IID's, to Bullroarer. Then, back on Live, if the original Character A gives even one of those SAME Mithril flakes to Character B, and then Character B attempts to copy to Bullroarer, there will be an IID conflict and Character B will fail, as two identical IIDs cannot exist on the same database. Character B does not even need to be your character - this can happen if you sold those Mithril flakes on the Auction and both characters attempt to be copied to Bullroarer.

Spiteful, this same reasoning was what was explained to me by Kehleyr for why NA chars can't go to EU servers and vice-versa.

The same IID conflicts can happen in that case too, which is why when the HD beta allowed NA and EU players at the same time, sometimes these conflicts came up.  It happened to one of my chars in one of the later rounds.

It wasn't a case of selling an item to someone else, but that the IIDs assigned were identical on an EU char and my NA one.

I spent most of my time on Bullroarer today trying to get decent shot of Minas Tirith. At present you can't travel beyond the landings at Harlond.

Eastern-Gondor-17.jpg

I did briefly mess about with the imbuement system but frankly as I'm not a stats driven player, I didn't really pay that much attention. When it's finalised in the game I'll just imbue my current weapon with whatever legacies it already has. There's no real need to have the uber weapon of uberness in LOTRO as there's nothing that really requires it. ;)

I posted a few pictures over on my blog, but to be honest my overall enthusiasm for the game is at a all time low. I mainly keep an eye on it out of nostalgia,

The costs to max a LI are ludicrous.

To add another legacy slot cost - 99 MC

To swap a legacy costs - 79 MC

To add another rank to a legacy - 35 MC

Damage can have at most 5 more ranks added while all other legacies can have 15 more ranks

Assuming you get a new LI at level 100 with only 3 legacies and you want 7 all maxed and maximum damage it would cost and dont want to swap any legacies

4*99 = 396

7*15*35 = 3675

5*35 = 175

Total cost for 1 LI - 4246 MC

250 MC currently costs 2000 TP, meaning you would need 34000 TP to max one LI. You would need to spend £237 to buy those points.

Disgusting but not surprising. We all knew they were not going to revamp LIs unless they could make more money from it.

I think you can still use crystal of remembrance and starlit crystals to reduce the cost.

You can from what I understand it's prob cheaper

Barring a cost drop rate "adjustment"

wonder how long

Can't adjust balance to save their lives but I have faith store has uber priority

I spent most of my time on Bullroarer today trying to get decent shot of Minas Tirith. At present you can't travel beyond the landings at Harlond.

Eastern-Gondor-17.jpg

I did briefly mess about with the imbuement system but frankly as I'm not a stats driven player, I didn't really pay that much attention. When it's finalised in the game I'll just imbue my current weapon with whatever legacies it already has. There's no real need to have the uber weapon of uberness in LOTRO as there's nothing that really requires it. ;)

I posted a few pictures over on my blog, but to be honest my overall enthusiasm for the game is at a all time low. I mainly keep an eye on it out of nostalgia,

I seem to be having trouble with your gallery plugin, clicking on the images doesn't seem to open them for me, I just get a progress wheel.

Eastern-Gondor-17.jpg

Roger, did  you find the boat that takes you across?

I got all the way to Osgiliath, was following the epic to find Faramir, but I couldn't see a way past some barriers so I'm not sure if that's all open yet.

There is a milestone location "Faramir's Lookout" right before you get to Osgiliath, with working NPCs and one ranger who will probably give quests in a future beta update.

Eastern-Gondor-17.jpg

Yes, you can travel across river. Was on yesterday on Bullroarer, just exploring.

I seem to be having trouble with your gallery plugin, clicking on the images doesn't seem to open them for me, I just get a progress wheel.

Thanks, I've fixed that now :)

Roger, did  you find the boat that takes you across?

I got all the way to Osgiliath, was following the epic to find Faramir, but I couldn't see a way past some barriers so I'm not sure if that's all open yet.

There is a milestone location "Faramir's Lookout" right before you get to Osgiliath, with working NPCs and one ranger who will probably give quests in a future beta update.

Cool, I'll go back tonight and take some more screenshots and then amend the post. Thanks for letting me know.

I was running on a hobbit so all the foliage was over my head...if you follow the epic questline, it leads you right to it.  Sorry i can't help more than that.  The epic is a but tedious with some fetch and carry stuff in Pelargir, and it sends you back and forth from Aragorn's camp outside the city (that's where you pick up).  But it didn't take me very long, so maybe start it until someone else can give you the exact coordinates.

Roger, try Nan Harlond at 74.3S, 21.0W - I have a flag on my map there and it might be it.  Also I saw a few videos that Andang did, he got into Osgiliath proper thru a break in the wall and ran around inside quite a lot.  He also got right up to the outer wall of Minas Tirith.

I don't think the boat is specific to the epic, there was another regular quest that led me to it as well, it was a "two birds with one stone" kindof thing.

I revised the picture gallery in my post. Osgiliath has a particularly unpleasant wandering troll, who has a very large aggro radius. As you travel through Southern Ithilien, you'll eventually find the road blocked by Haradrim. Been mindful of the Mumakil. They stomp :)

Southern-Ithilien-2.jpg

As ever with these more recent updates, the maps look quite large but a lot of the terrain is inaccessible and the player is very much funnelled from point A to point B. Minas Tirith looks okay but at present the colour scheme for it, seems a little drab.This region also feels quite compressed. This distance between Osgiliath, the Crossroad and the Morgul Vale (if I have identified them correctly) does seem quite small.