LOTROCommunity

Bullroarer U16 Notes

All I really took away from the screen shots is that lotro is really starting to look dated. Which is a bit depressing considering the landscape was one of the few things the game had left going for it.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'Let our actions speak for themselves.'

Legendary Items ... failure ... They were supposed to "grow with you" from the get-go.   Legacies and Relics ... failure ... They either made the weapon OP or worse than it already was. Then they go

I remember an exchange I had with ZC in the PvMP scrum after RoI where he declared the Moors needed to be shaken up, his reasoning being that it was a system he personally wouldn't play. I was too am

Lotro has become the outdated MMO - especially in terms of characted models. GW2 and Rift are pretty far ahead, and I even think WoW has better animations and character models at this point. Lotro may have a better style than WoW, but the characters look pretty old, IMO. Some parts of Lotro - some of the landscapes and architecture still look pretty good - they just need better city designers.

The costs to max a LI are ludicrous.

To add another legacy slot cost - 99 MC

To swap a legacy costs - 79 MC

To add another rank to a legacy - 35 MC

Damage can have at most 5 more ranks added while all other legacies can have 15 more ranks

Assuming you get a new LI at level 100 with only 3 legacies and you want 7 all maxed and maximum damage it would cost and dont want to swap any legacies

4*99 = 396

7*15*35 = 3675

5*35 = 175

Total cost for 1 LI - 4246 MC

250 MC currently costs 2000 TP, meaning you would need 34000 TP to max one LI. You would need to spend £237 to buy those points.

Not nearly that bad if you level it and apply legacy scrolls before you imbue.  Tested this with a new character on Bullroarer.

I made some FA and SA LIs, leveled them to 30 and reforged, added a 7th legacy, and applied some scrolls before I imbued them.  The used a bunch of IXP runes to raise all the legacies.  The end result was some pretty decent LIs without spending any MC at all.  They seemed to be as good or better than what you can get by maxing out current LIs.  Buying additional legacy ranks with MC takes them quite a ways beyond that (and seems to me to be unnecessary).

got a good look inside Osgiliath...to be honest, it was bigger than I thought it would be--quite impressive.  if this does make it to the pvp map, it should make things quite interesting.

Too bad if you can only see Minas Tirith in the rain and fog.

1. we won't have access to mina tirith until update 17, so i don't expect us to see much of it until then

2. we are still in the dawnless day.  did you want a sunshine and a rainbow over minas tirith?

3. correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this build 1 of the current beta?

Not nearly that bad if you level it and apply legacy scrolls before you imbue.  Tested this with a new character on Bullroarer.

I made some FA and SA LIs, leveled them to 30 and reforged, added a 7th legacy, and applied some scrolls before I imbued them.  The used a bunch of IXP runes to raise all the legacies.  The end result was some pretty decent LIs without spending any MC at all.  They seemed to be as good or better than what you can get by maxing out current LIs.  Buying additional legacy ranks with MC takes them quite a ways beyond that (and seems to me to be unnecessary).

Yeah there are ways to make it less expensive but I was just interested in seeing how expensive it could be in the worst case scenario

Does anybody understand why they are still tinkering with class details while most classes are essentially ruined from a high-level standpoint?

Is that just a quarterly employee review thing?

2. we are still in the dawnless day.  did you want a sunshine and a rainbow over minas tirith?

At some point, it would be nice to see this (supposed to be) beautiful city in the sun, yes. Like I said, it will be a shame if we can only experience it in rain and fog.

Turns out you can just ride there ;) Go to the stable in Arnach and use Mithril Coins to buy a ride to Faramir's Lookout.

Much easier, and using Bullroarer-supplied MC  - excellent!

I wonder if a lot of players use this feature to unlock travel routes. I forgot it could even be used for that. (I thought it was just used for non-VIPs to use swift travel.)

I've trained myself to ignore this feature so completely that I forgot it was there too.

At some point, it would be nice to see this (supposed to be) beautiful city in the sun, yes. Like I said, it will be a shame if we can only experience it in rain and fog.

I think that after we get the ring to Mordor, they should use their phasing technology to remove the Dawnless Day effect from these areas, as a reward to everyone who slogged thru the whole thing.  I'd like to see these areas in full sun too.

I think that after we get the ring to Mordor, they should use their phasing technology to remove the Dawnless Day effect from these areas, as a reward to everyone who slogged thru the whole thing.  I'd like to see these areas in full sun too.

agreed, it will probably be similar to our HD experience (i.e. before dawn, after dawn, etc.)

i wouldn't mind seeing central gondor in the sunlight as well :)

I wonder if a lot of players use this feature to unlock travel routes. I forgot it could even be used for that. (I thought it was just used for non-VIPs to use swift travel.)

As a VIP (until July at least) I've used MC to unlock travel routes all the time. I find it very handy.

I was able to get into Osgiliath and find the ranger outpost in the culverts, and also went up into the main area to look around more.

I got to the top of the Dome of Stars, and found a few other interiors as well.

There are quests for the building interiors, given by rangers you have to find, reminds me a little of the Dol Amroth dailies where you have to go in and find stuff in buildings with multiple levels.

Lotro has become the outdated MMO - especially in terms of characted models. GW2 and Rift are pretty far ahead, and I even think WoW has better animations and character models at this point. Lotro may have a better style than WoW, but the characters look pretty old, IMO. Some parts of Lotro - some of the landscapes and architecture still look pretty good - they just need better city designers.

There was a time I would agree with you about lotro having a better style than WoW at one point, but it's aged horribly. Plus WoW has revamped their graphics a few times and are able to put out better looking environments than Turbine now which is a real shame considering that I considered the environments and graphics one advantage lotro had over WoW. So now lotro is outdated in graphics, animation, combat (fluidity mainly), core systems (ew, LI grind), and probably a lot more that's slipping my mind. 

In regards to the past 2 updates - I think that the darkness is taking away from the landscape actually. You don't get to see Gondor in its full glory and the designs they're using looks better in the broad daylight (see U14 zones). Darker lighting worked with Mirkwood and Moria but unfortunately I just don't think it works here (even if it is needed for the story).

• Upvote 1

In regards to the past 2 updates - I think that the darkness is taking away from the landscape actually. You don't get to see Gondor in its full glory and the designs they're using looks better in the broad daylight (see U14 zones). Darker lighting worked with Mirkwood and Moria but unfortunately I just don't think it works here (even if it is needed for the story).

I agree, and it's unfortunate.  

The story-related gloom, coming at a time when there's so much discontent about the game in general, makes the whole experience so much more unpleasant.  If the rest of the game was in better shape, this would be an exciting time to get to in the story, but as it is, it magnifies all the mis-steps and poor choices made along the way.

Playing the game now feels oppressive in every way possible.  Osgiliath is a smoldering wreck, and it feels like an unintentional meta-comment on the game.

Oh holy shit! Now this is only for Bullroarer so may or may not affect server transfers when those happen, I really don't know, but given Turbines implementation of so many things...

Every item that is associated with your character is identified in the game with a code called an 'IID'. Every single item is assigned a unique IID, so a stack of 10 Mithril flakes will have a unique IID assigned to each flake. This IID is permanent, and sticks with the item no matter where it goes - from creation (when it is looted to a character's inventory) to mail to auction house to when it's destroyed (when used to craft an item or sold to a vendor).

When Character A is copied and he has Mithril flakes in his inventory, those Mithril flakes will copy, with their unique IID's, to Bullroarer. Then, back on Live, if the original Character A gives even one of those SAME Mithril flakes to Character B, and then Character B attempts to copy to Bullroarer, there will be an IID conflict and Character B will fail, as two identical IIDs cannot exist on the same database. Character B does not even need to be your character - this can happen if you sold those Mithril flakes on the Auction and both characters attempt to be copied to Bullroarer.

It's nothing new.  I discovered the uniqueness of items and how it breaks character copies even before Riders of Rohan beta.  Probably around Great River time.

It's nothing new.  I discovered the uniqueness of items and how it breaks character copies even before Riders of Rohan beta.  Probably around Great River time.

I knew the unique IDs were there, I'm pretty sure I've even mentioned them here at some point. It just seems to me that it was explained differently.

A good walk through on the current Imbuing System from the Rare Breed Kin.

An Update about the numbers:

One quick update on things mentioned in this post:

We are currently working on the starting points for each legacies' potency over the next couple builds. What you will start to see is the base value of each legacy begin to creep closer to the current pre-imbued max. The intention in the end is that while you may lose a little bit of legacy potency upon imbuement, it will catch and surpass pre-imbued cap values at much earlier tiers than in your current build. So expect these numbers to constantly be in flux over the next couple weeks as we continue to tweak and fine tune them.

-Jinjaah

I checked out Imbue on my maxxed out 2nd age. Seems like a shitton of IXP to get it "back" up to maxxed out. Just another time/store/mithril sink. The sad thing is it looks like a fairly decent system, too bad it wasn't the system when LI's were introduced.

Imbued Legendary Items are meant to stick around, grow with you, become your friend.

Where did I hear that before...?

Ah, yes, way back in 2008 before the release of Mines of Moria when LI's were supposed to "grow with you" and were advertised as such.

(...and still waiting for the 3rd failed incarnation of the new but-we-will-probably-never-see-anyway  PvMP zone)

I checked out Imbue on my maxxed out 2nd age. Seems like a shitton of IXP to get it "back" up to maxxed out. Just another time/store/mithril sink. The sad thing is it looks like a fairly decent system, too bad it wasn't the system when LI's were introduced.

How good/bad is maxxed out compared to a currently maxxed out weapon? And if you imbue a currently maxxed out weapon, how good/bad is it to it pre-embued?