LOTROCommunity
Free Peoples

[Landroval] Free Peoples

Free%20Peoples%20Blue_zpsdirsgvbr.jpg

Among the Free Peoples, all may find welcome and hospitality for as long as they, in turn, provide welcome and hospitality to all.

We are a kinship of elves, men, dwarves, and hobbits who struggle to live their lives free from the tyranny of the Dark Lord of Mordor and his allies.

However, you will learn that the struggle for freedom is not simply one of taking up arms to wage war, but also of opening arms to embrace peace and taking up tools to build a better world for all.  Music, mirth, and laughter are often the greatest tools that one can wield against darkness.  And we, the Free Peoples of Middle Earth wield these instruments as well as any weapon.

In this way, we strive to play a greater role in the shaping of the ages to come.

Our individual tales and the roles that we play in these dark times will weave together to form a greater epic of joy, sorrow, pain, and beauty that will last for ages to come.

Come, join us and share your story!

35d95476-3474-4245-a6cc-6207a47b442d_zps

Visit FreePeoples.net or contact Sigilring, Billing or Gingermint via Tell or Mail.

I hope you find many fine members.

Thank you!  

Free Peoples was originally formed as a sub-kin of The Lonely Mountain Band.  It was initially intended for use as a kinhouse holder in one of the LMB neighborhoods, but it seemed to simply beg for more attention so a few Banders went on hiatus to help foster its growth. 

We also have a Free Peoples kinship on Laurelin, but the Landroval chapter is by far the more active of the two.

Anyone who wishes to join the Laurelin chapter is encouraged to contact Sigilring via in-game mail.

Your negative opinion of LMB is understandable.

We were having some very mixed feelings about what was going on in the Band long before we left.  Frankly, any guild in any game that grows that large is going to have its fair share of issues.  For us, one of the major factors (among several) that led to our choice to depart was the fact that Role Playing is essentially DEAD in the band.  They still claim that they encourage light RP, but it became increasingly clear that they had no real interest in RP at all beyond tightly restricted one-shot events like "The Pie Snatcher Mystery".  Kinchat, which was originally supposed to be reserved for semi-In Character organization of raids, questions about gameplay, Middle Earth lore, etc., had degenerated into discussions of "Why do lemon flavored Starburst taste so bad?" (That was an actual discussion that became the straw that broke the camel's back for me!)

So, after some discussion, a few of us transferred our Main characters to the householder pseudo-kin in order to be the change that we wanted to see. The Laurelin chapter of Free Peoples never had any ties to LMB (which I am told also exists on Laurelin) and it alone served as our primary model for the Landroval chapter when it was clear that we needed a change.

We very deliberately did not burn any bridges when we left, but we understood that there was no going back once the decision had been made.  This was made very clear by the fact that we moved out of our property in the LMB neighborhood. (Granted, this was done in hopes of forming our own neighborhood someday, but also served as a symbolic rite of passage.)

It is important to move on and grow when the time is right and that is just what we have done. And, to be fair, a majority of Free Peoples are new recruits who never were a part of LMB.  Still, we won't deny that LMB is a part of our history, but it is just that: our history.  While we do not deny our past associations, we are proud to stand independently on our own merits as the Free Peoples.

• Upvote 4

Thanks for that explanation, I appreciate your candor.  Best of luck to you (really).

PS. Bonus points for coming here to recruit, given that links to this site are converted to #########s over on the Official Forums.  You rebels, you!  :)

The Laurelin chapter of Free Peoples never had any ties to LMB (which I am told also exists on Laurelin) and it alone served as our primary model for the Landroval chapter when it was clear that we needed a change.

It is important to move on and grow when the time is right and that is just what we have done. And, to be fair, a majority of Free Peoples are new recruits who never were a part of LMB.  Still, we won't deny that LMB is a part of our history, but it is just that: our history.  While we do not deny our past associations, we are proud to stand independently on our own merits as the Free Peoples.

Fair enough. Just so you're aware of LMB's poor reputation around these parts, our discussions of Weatherstock 2014 are an indicator (being used as a mathematically falsified political tool by LMB/the miscreant Sapience and whatnot). If any of your members have negative feelings about group content, PvMP, or even any former solo player who hated Helm's Deep and quit (like myself), just don't let them advertise it. ;) Good luck otherwise.

Fair enough. Just so you're aware of LMB's poor reputation around these parts, our discussions of Weatherstock 2014 are an indicator (being used as a mathematically falsified political tool by LMB/the miscreant Sapience and whatnot). If any of your members have negative feelings about group content, PvMP, or even any former solo player who hated Helm's Deep and quit (like myself), just don't let them advertise it. ;) Good luck otherwise.

Maybe its the fact that they seem to monoplize every event on Landy (and boy, do they tell you about it) or their...less than ethical practices in the past (Weatherstock 2014 being a prime example) is the reason why I was told to avoid LMB when I first joined the server.

I'm not surprised someone called them Landy's Mafia once :D

• Upvote 1

LMB were a bunch of jumped-up, no-life, self-entitled pricks who spent their entire time trying to act like they were some higher class of player and the only thing that kept the inferior players entertained. Basically, they were suck ups who did so just to get special treatment from Turbine. Ass-monkeys.

That would be a great band name!   :+