LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Doro

Snowbourn: Free 2,000 Gold

I had a brief check of my account recently to see how much left over gold I had when I first quit at the start of Helm's Deep. Turns out I had quite a lot.

Since I don't need any of it and it holds absolutely no value to me, I'm going to give it away to people (unfortunately, it's restricted to Snowbourn because that's the server I played on). But I don't want to just give it away for nothing.

If anyone can think of a decent competition or game that can be played to win various prizes, let me know. Post ideas or something here so I can get rid of it. Maybe a Middle-earth wide Hide and Seek or a Warg hunt in the Ettens could work. If not, I'll just have to divide it up between everyone who asks for some gold.

Couple of years ago my kin ran a pretty fun comp.

It was hide and seek with a twist, our kin leader his somewhere in Middle Earth and we had to find him and bring him an obscure item, I can't remember all of them but one of them was a Moria level crafted item, one that needed some work, a shard, combine lots of mats to get an ingredient before you could craft the actual item, another was a trophy of some sort that we first had to kill then get it turned into the trophy, can't remember what the last thing was.

Of course this may be difficult to replicate as A, they have borked the crafting and B, everything can be bought somewhere.

Cooking maybe the only thing close these days

We once had a similar competition in our kin to give away a load of gold. Basically it was a chicken run to Rivendell I think, the person who got there first (or got furthest if all died) won.

Chicken run to Isengard or even Helm's Deep (chickens can't go through Paths of the Dead) with prizes could work too.

One thing a kin I was in did was take a load of screenshots from around the game, and then ask the kinmembers to say where they were taken. Some were understandably easy like the southgate of bree, but then there was a lone tree in Angmar and a specific part of Mirkwood and whatnot. They had a picture for almost every area of the game and it was pretty fun at the time trying to find the places and take a screenshot of your character there. I'm not sure if you would be able to do this though as you would probably need to make a website or use a pre-existing kin website or something to do it. 

Another thing you could do is a game of riddles. Find 20 or so decent riddles online and then advertise it in chat. Take the names of people who want to play and then send them a riddle, if they get it right and reply the corrct answer you send them a harder one. The first person to get to the required amount would then win the prize. 

This chicken run sounds like a plan (and with very little effort on my part, to be honest). How easy is it to access the longest duration chicken run? I don't think I ever bothered with anything beyond the first few Shire things.

There's the 3 pre-req quests (2 as a chicken) that take about 3, 3 and 15 minutes to complete. Then, the Trollshaws session play gives the most time. It is enough time to get to doorway to Paths of the Dead or any point west of that. I think it is 90 minutes? North Downs is your next best bet.

Chicken run it is. I'll set a date later on when I know I'll be free (moving home in the next couple of weeks, so I'm going to be busy for a little while).

Didn't chicken run get gated to commendations or somesuch nonsense after destiny was removed to sell the stuff on the store  balanced?

Didn't chicken run get gated to commendations or somesuch nonsense after destiny was removed to sell the stuff on the store  balanced?

Yeah, I had to log in to check. But it's gated behind 0 comms. And there are also only 20 slots available.

Edit: Right, Chicken run is off. I just tested it to see how it would all work out and after 2 hours, I'd been to Isengard, Helm's Deep and Edoras. And in that entire time, I only got aggro'd twice... by the trolls guarding Isengard on the way in and then on the way out.

It's far too boring and easy to be worth it, so I'll have a think about doing something else. Likely, a hide and seek in each of the 10 SoA zones, with 200g to the winner of each zone. Means there's no limit on who can participate and can be broken up over a few days if need be.

Likely, a hide and seek in each of the 10 SoA zones, with 200g to the winner of each zone. Means there's no limit on who can participate and can be broken up over a few days if need be.

Already turning it into a grind, eh? :)))

Perhaps something overall shorter and more streamlined should be your choice. Unless you want to scratch your ego with a 2-week Doro's Goodbye Festival or something.

Already turning it into a grind, eh? :)))

Perhaps something overall shorter and more streamlined should be your choice. Unless you want to scratch your ego with a 2-week Doro's Goodbye Festival or something.

Nah, I'd prefer if someone else took it and did it all for me so I didn't have to bother. I'm just thinking that it may take longer than expected.

Only 20 slots? I thought it was 50. Still, race to Edoras would be faster than 10 zone hide and seek. Meh.

Only 20 slots? I thought it was 50. Still, race to Edoras would be faster than 10 zone hide and seek. Meh.

I've got one: Race to Lothlorien.

Chickens can head south to Isengard, through Rohan, up through the Great River and to the entrance to Caras Galadhon. First one there (or maybe Moria's east gate) gets 1,000g, second gets 650g and 3rd gets 350g.

Chicken race back on!

If you want a really easy way, just log in and send it to a bunch of level 1 characters

Bah, there's no fun in that.

Moria...... 

Players are so used to easymode that Moria will see a lot of them lost as hell and/or dying to the one true killer left, gravity.

Maybe that set of ravines north of the road to Rivendell too.

North Angmar you can really confuse ppl there and let's seeeee.... an easy one... Forochel.. no one knows Forochel.

Chicken Run to The Rift.

That's just suicide... I remember the runs at L50 without being a chicken!