LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
cossieuk

World Transfers cost have been hiked

Dont imagine many people will be using the world transfer service going by the prices

$24.95 €21.95 £18.95 per transaction

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=5411528#post5411528

The old prices with CM were

£11.99 / €17.99 / $24.95 per transaction.

That is a rise of 58% for us Brits and 22% for those in the Euro zone ouch.gif

Let's just hope this doesn't mean a price hike in the monthly subs, TP stuff, etc... as is it does then I am sure many Europeans will be leaving... me for one even though I still love the game.

Going acros the pond to the 'good ol US of A' may not be the best move :N

GEZUS!!!

Why is all I can say .....

Well all I can say is I'm going to be buying the £79.99 12 month sub just incase they do change anything pay to play wise ....

Hope nothing else changes :/

Well that'll stop the feared Landroval exodus I guess.

Too cynical? :)

Hmm.. indeed... when faced by an expected surge in demand it is accepted business practice to hike the price... which is why flowers cost so much more on Valentine's day and Mother's day :Y

Hmm.. indeed... when faced by an expected surge in demand it is accepted business practice to hike the price... which is why flowers cost so much more on Valentine's day and Mother's day :Y

or to cash in :)

or to cash in :)

Which is layman's speak for "maximising revenue potential" ;)

Which is layman's speak for "maximising revenue potential" ;)

What i'd be curious about still is if UK people who are already on Turbine Account System having to pay in £ and not $ in future. So far if you pay in $ its cheap as chips!.

Ahhh! I knew there'd be a management speak way of making it sound better! _O-

What i'd be curious about still is if UK people who are already on Turbine Account System having to pay in £ and not $ in future. So far if you pay in $ its cheap as chips!.

That's the same we mainland-Europeans did at codies. The £ prices where way cheaper then the same thing in € (Mirkwood Expansion for example), so we just switched our homeland to UK or Swiss for the 5 minutes the purchase took })

. Snowbourn's where it's at, baby!! (good god, did I really just type that?)

We'll put it down to emotions running high. It's been a roller coaster of a day.

btw there's an appropriate smiley for that line :*)

I don't like having different prices due to exchange rates taken our of nowhere. Charging 20% more in € vs $ is just ripoff for me. Not that CM did anything different, the favor was just for UK then.

Actually it's funny to see You cossie complain, as when exact same thing happened in EU, when CM were charging up to more 30% for lifetime special offer if You were outside UK. I remember You being okay with that and defending CM...

Still I don't see reason why people won't use them. They will, just like people outside UK and euro zone did use them under CM management. They'll just pay more :(

If what most people are telling me is correct all we need to do is pretend we live in the USA and pay in $ :) problem solved.

Unless Turbine get arsey and start banning people for doing it.

Five minutes after they realise someone has done it then, I imagine... ;)

I was playing Rift yesterday and I noticed they are going to be adding character world transfers soon, and it will be a free service.

I was playing Rift yesterday and I noticed they are going to be adding character world transfers soon, and it will be a free service.

This ^

I don't like having different prices due to exchange rates taken our of nowhere. Charging 20% more in € vs $ is just ripoff for me. Not that CM did anything different, the favor was just for UK then.

Actually it's funny to see You cossie complain, as when exact same thing happened in EU, when CM were charging up to more 30% for lifetime special offer if You were outside UK. I remember You being okay with that and defending CM...

Still I don't see reason why people won't use them. They will, just like people outside UK and euro zone did use them under CM management. They'll just pay more :(

Codemasters used the exchange rates that were correct when they first offered the service and then never changed them, which is common business practice. Turbine are not using the current exchange rates

So, what? Have they just made up the exhchange rates in order to cash in on the amount of Europeans coming over to the Turbine servers?

Seems like a bad move if your moving a significant portion of your playerbase over the ocean which in turn is going to cause lag and framerates to drop and then you start trying to cash in on it by hiking payed services to ripoff prices.

They better not change Monthly subs or the game'll be ruined for me at least :/

-Tiger(Wyn)

Codemasters used the exchange rates that were correct when they first offered the service and then never changed them, which is common business practice. Turbine are not using the current exchange rates

Oh I'm sure that if You'd go and post that on US someone there would find perfect reasonable explanation for Turbine too. I won't do it tho as I dislike it on both Turbine and Codies end no matter what the excuse for rip-off.

Oh I'm sure that if You'd go and post that on US someone there would find perfect reasonable explanation for Turbine too. I won't do it tho as I dislike it on both Turbine and Codies end no matter what the excuse for rip-off.

At least CM used the same exchange rate all the time, although they could have updated after a year or 2, but Turbine cant even use the same exchange rate just now. The exchange rate they are using for the world transfer is approx £1 = €1.16, yet for the special 12 month offer they are using is approx £1 = €1.13, so who knows what they will use for monthly subs and for store points

I Saw a topic about this on the US forums, it seems VAT is to blame, though the turbine rep doesn't actually specify which VAT rate they're following.

Link: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?397690-Europeans-charged-more-for-the-same-service!&highlight=