LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
cossieuk

World Transfers cost have been hiked

I was playing Rift yesterday and I noticed they are going to be adding character world transfers soon, and it will be a free service.

Was going to say that as well. It is definitely a difference in attitude (Philosophy? Business model?).

More of a big thing, they have throttled it to be a weekly thing (which makes sense), but the really cool idea is that guild leaders can move their guild to a new server (I'm assuming the structure, not everyone) and keep all of the perks etc that they have earned. Not sure if you could do it at all in LOTRO with the issue of Kin houses, but a very nice idea, especially as its free.

So solution is just to pretend you live in the US :) until Turbine yell? :) I'm game. Otherwise its pretty unfair if an old UK player on US service can get it cheaper then us.

Well that'll stop the feared Landroval exodus I guess.

Forgive my ignorance, but why are people leaving/going to leave Landroval (which I assume is a [uS] Server?)

There was a whole huge debate about Laurelin keeping its RP status on moving to Turbine (which it did), and the unofficial RP server (now RP-encouraged) on the NA side is Landroval. Cue many unhappy US players who threatened to roll straight onto Laurelin in order to experience "proper" RP instead of, as they designated it, RP-Lite on Landroval. I can't see why anyone would abandon a community they'd spent 4 years building up, but a surprising number mentioned it.