LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Raniz

Need a new Kinship on a different server.

Hope you get a good invite, but I seriously doubt you are going to get any hard-sell pitches. Most people in your boat have already chosen your plan B.

Does anyone yet know what servers will remain? I would think active kinships would be all over that in order to plan for either a move or a shutdown.

without official plans announced, it isn't even known how many servers will remain, (or which.)

so it really is fairly useless to make plans, without an actual map in place.

until this moves from the "maybe" column, into the "actually happening" side of things...  i can't really offer any suggestions.

the fact the transfer service is down, may be a sign the ball is beginning to roll, or it may just be pre-emptive in preventing current Brandywine from continuing to grow.

for now, wait and see...  or play something else when your sub runs out.  just be sure to manually cancel as it will auto-renew without your intervention.

The paid transfers are down not because free transfers are imminent... but because they're simply broken:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?&postid=7365816#post7365816

Looks like instead of posting a public notice on the transfer page explaining the situation, as some players suggested, the solution was to take the whole page down wholesale.

Despite the fact that I'm not a PVP'er, I still wonder what is going to happen to Creep characters. You're allowed only one of each type on each server. It's very likely that someone out there has leveled the same type of creep on multiple servers. What happens if one of those servers is not in the "preferred" list.

That's a whole lotta work to be thrown away.

@OP

Well you could always look for a guild on one of the big servers - like Brandywine. Unless that server is having lag issues due to population size - I am not sure.

EDIT: I would not go to Brandywine, based on this just posted here:

"Brandywine is being hit right now with a huge wave of russians. Last time I logged in (over a week ago) it was unplayable in Archet, couldn't damage anything or even move."

It sounds like right now you are screwed on a small server (may close) and screwed on a large server too.