LOTROCommunity
Undo

Welcome Turbine!

I like to think of the EU lotro community as being the excrement about to collide with Turbine. Hopefully not too much will get sprayed back in our faces.

• Upvote 1

Interesting. When I first read through this topic, I saw that Clover from Turbine was reading it as well. Seems she didn't want to reply.

Nah, we're the visitors - they should welcome us...

We had a (welcome) invasion of Americans into Europe in the 1940's, now it's payback time thumbsup.gif

Nah, we're the visitors - they should welcome us...

We had a (welcome) invasion of Americans into Europe in the 1940's, now it's payback time thumbsup.gif

Yeah! That should teach them!

well said Undo

/signed

on another note - I hope you're all ready for both American and Canadian humour >:)

Well we all like to get Oooot and Aboooot so are used to yanks and Canadians :)

lol!!!

I like to think of the EU lotro community as being the excrement about to collide with Turbine.

Ermm.. are you saying that we in the EU community are like poo? :N

Ermm.. are you saying that we in the EU community are like poo? :N

Only in the sense that we're hard to shake off and like to make a big stink _O-

Well i for a change will not be "brown nosing" Turbine before i can have a chance to experience them fully.

So far the experience has only been a negative one. Lies about how the store would be, millions of lore breaks, forum cencorship, and many other things makes Turbine beeing with negative 'rep' standing with me.

I also do not welcome them with open hands like Undo does. I do not like them at all but i have no other choice but to play under their banner.

So from me it's "No welcome Turbine".

I'll be happy to check how the things will be under our new overlord(I like that word :) ). While I don't share their forum moderating vision and won't be involving in them they way I did at CM forums, I'm much more interested in server stability, GM and customer support as well as payment plans. The things I already will like are lotteries, mylotro and ability to post in devs blogs/threads.

AS for development side I'm kinda torn apart. Store and Turbine greed it caused is annoying more and more. Especially if You listen to Paitz visions. But then content developed for instances and world is as brilliant as ever and I see more of it compared to post Mirkwood drought.

Good post Undo, +1.

I will be lurking the new forums once the transfer is done, at first anyway, to see how they are. I have little to no experience from Turbine, even though I occationally play DDO (yesterday in fact). Never been to the forums though.

I'm surprised how much I suddenly miss Lotro, especially after watching T3 skirmish vids yesterday. GW and DDO until then... sigh.

Great Opening Undo, I admire your neutral point of view :)

As I have a lot of days off these past weeks, I have been reading the US forums more and more. Especially now that the servers are being moved. I must admit that the more I read, the more my spirit is being drained empty. Threads locked, store-only relics etc....

But on the positive side: New skirmishes reopening lost areas (Forochel really needed a boost, and to see a story about Dol Dinen was also a great surprise), the upcoming new books in fall/winter and my life-time subscription will bring much joy in the upcoming months.

The king is dead, long live the king!