LOTROCommunity
Undo

Welcome Turbine!

Yes a warm welcome to Turbine and I'm looking forward to being able to play Lotro again and wonder if I'll ever notice any change.

Thank you for the kind replies.

The game is on now, lets see how it goes. :)

Great Opening Undo, I admire your neutral point of view :)

I'm not too good at it, neutral is way beyond my skill. Just trying to look from different angles, especially when but one side gets most of the attention. ;)

I never liked the way people get each other worked up about something, and me whingeing is reserved strictly for a couple of my mates at work and my wife, so I for one think this is a very good point of view. Good post and I agree!

Thank you for the kind replies.

The game is on now, lets see how it goes. :)

I'm not too good at it, neutral is way beyond my skill. Just trying to look from different angles, especially when but one side gets most of the attention. ;)

I have posted on the Turbine forums.. and already I have an urge to be "controversial" O-)

I have posted on the Turbine forums.. and already I have an urge to be "controversial" O-)

I managed to create my forum account just after my migration yet I can't log into the forum, perhaps a little time is needed.

Looking forward to not rocking the boat and getting the boot. ;)

Creating a forum account is a waste of time, you need to log into the forums with your game account info. You create a community name to be known as on the forums - WHICH YOU CAN'T CHANGE! Don't ask me how I know this...

Just make sure your community name (you'll be asked to create it the first time you log in to the forums) isn't the same as your userid because that would be a security risk and, as I said, you're stuck with whatever you choose here!

hello, i have a question. Why i cant register at lotro.com??? when i click to "create your Turbine game account" i get the next text "Your submission contained an error. Please try again. Code: #FTxPUBZDYK4"

Don't know. Have no idea what that error means but there are a few things to check/try.

Did you fill in all the fields? Did you use any 'illegal' characters in any of the fields? Did you set your browser to accept Turbine's cookies? Have you tried clearing your browsers cache/cookies and trying again? Did you try an alternative browser?

If all that fails, how about contacting Turbine support?

I have one more question. I read the game is now free to play...or just the trial version is free???? because i have a already play at trial version for 15 days at november.... Have i chance to play without paying???

LOTRO is now Free To Play. You can earn Turbine points just playing the game which allow you to 'purchase' things from the in-game store. That includes expansions and things, it is possible to play the game without paying anything at all.

LOTRO is now Free To Play. You can earn Turbine points just playing the game which allow you to 'purchase' things from the in-game store. That includes expansions and things, it is possible to play the game without paying anything at all.

This is the link where i get error :P https://signup.lotro.com/lotro.php?lang=en-GB

i dont know what i can do...

and finally .... i have already an account, i made it when i play the trial version last year. and it doesnt work

If you already have a Codemasters account you shouldn't be trying to create a new Turbine account on that page. When you fire up the LOTRO launcher, it'll update itself then send you off to the migration site. You create your new account there and it'll copy all your character details across so you can continue to play your existing characters, etc.

I think I already have been...

Well, credit where credit is due, despite the rush to transition causing understandable site meltdown, 24 hours in and most (I know one or two individuals are still having problems) accounts seem to have transitioned smoothly, and the EU servers are back up.

So a big... *O* *O* *O* to Turbine for making it all relatively painless.

Well played you guys 'n' gals :Y

I for one welcome our new Turbinian overlords! Do step in, have some pie. No those aren't cookies.. n-no actually that's MY tea.. no wait I haven't sorted those yet.... aaaaAAARRRGHHHH!!!!!

Ahem, props for Turbine for a rather smooth transition so far. I am (so far) one of those lucky ones who didn't have a glitch when migrating the account. Game is still updating, so I'm keeping fingers crossed that my characters are intact aswell, items and all. I'm not overly concerned about the latency (anymore) since if Turbine are to keep their European players (hell why wouldn't they?!) the ping has to be reasonable to (most) players.

So a thumbs up to Turbine. One post to their (corruptcough) forums already as well.