LOTROCommunity
SNy

Turbined AKA "fixing" things that are not broken

They dropped the ball completely, it seems. The less I care what happens in this 'studio', the more horrid the news when I stumble upon them. The latest bug is apparently clients crashing en masse. Forcing the remnants of your playerbase out of the game - when do you call it a shutdown?

Nail that coffin and lower it down already.

​I don't think they realized how much the PvP community would hate this. I know of several people that this was the last straw for them, it was the last grind that meant something, titles. 

​That was pretty much the final nail in the coffin for me with the moors. Audacity started the decline  - I went from playing every creep class and 2-3 regular freeps, to just 1 creep (never max aud) and 1 or 2 freeps. Add in the effective removal of kbs and the trait tree fiasco, and I was done.

(Hmm... I just realised it's been so long since I've played the moors that "freep" is starting to sound silly again!)

Everyone and anyone who PvPed understood and accepted the titles were just a bit of fun - and fully understood titles on different classes had different "values." A cappy or defiler getting a kb was worth way more than a hunter doing so.

Ruining kbs was probably one of the stupidest decisions Turbine ever made about LOTRO. Not only was it perhaps the least asked for change (I never recall seeing it once) Their "but it was always a bug" bs spin was a blatant insult to our intelligence.

Their "but it was always a bug" bs spin was a blatant insult to our intelligence.

​I forgot about that particular line of bullshit.

Ruining kbs was probably one of the stupidest decisions Turbine ever made about LOTRO. Not only was it perhaps the least asked for change (I never recall seeing it once) Their "but it was always a bug" bs spin was a blatant insult to our intelligence.

Definitely true,a terrible decision with no real benefit, I assume they were hoping to encourage people to the moors by making deeds more obtainable but it just drove the regulars away.

Edited by Laurinaohtar