LOTROCommunity

Looks like they could be using the FF 15 combat style.  Was hoping they would not do that and would keep the turn based from the original.

It does look really good.  Also with Sony recently announcing that they are unlocking the 7 core on the CPU (APU) for game developers that should give Square even more to play with

On 6.12.2015, 11:57:12, cossieuk said:

Looks like they could be using the FF 15 combat style.  Was hoping they would not do that and would keep the turn based from the original.

With Third Person Perspective game using modern 3d AAA graphics?  It was never gonna happen.

4 hours ago, Laurinaohtar said:

It is Square Enix after all.  They're gonna try to MILK fans for as much and as long as possible.   I am sure they are gonna try to put other stuff in there as well DLCs,microtransactions (some cosmetics or special items walled behind "DLCs"). 

I am not FF fan, but from what I've heard many FF fans hype died down completly after episodic announcement.   Ppl from other forum I visited said they expected FF7 broken down MAYBE for 2 games, but episodic killed their hype.

Sad thing is that SE will propably pull it off succesfully anyway.  They will break down FF7 into like 4-5 parts and will sell each for 40-60$ anyway(for basic versions).   EA is pulling off selling Battlefield games for 110$+, no reason why SE won't pull off selling super-nostalgia remake for 200$+ total.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=188228069#post188228069

Some kind of explanation for the episodic release idea. I'm not sure I buy it, this is a world with a game the size of Witcher 3 in it, I find it difficult to believe a modern day FF7 would be impossible to make in one go.

I can kind of imagine them releasing it in 4 parts that match the 4 disk format of the original. I'm disappointed, if I play this I would want to have all of it, not finish part 1 and wait for part 2 to be released. I guess I will wait for all parts to be released before I get it.

3 hours ago, Laurinaohtar said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=188228069#post188228069

Some kind of explanation for the episodic release idea. I'm not sure I buy it, this is a world with a game the size of Witcher 3 in it, I find it difficult to believe a modern day FF7 would be impossible to make in one go.

I can kind of imagine them releasing it in 4 parts that match the 4 disk format of the original. I'm disappointed, if I play this I would want to have all of it, not finish part 1 and wait for part 2 to be released. I guess I will wait for all parts to be released before I get it.

FF7 was only 3 disks.  Releasing it one disk at a time, might work if they do it to get the first part out sooner.  It will all come down to cost.  £10-£15 a disk would bring the total cost to the same as most new releases and I think most people would be happy at that price.

They could release is as digital only till they have released all the parts then do a retail version.

What ever they do I hope it works.  I hope the add just enough to make the world feel alive but not destroy the original feeling of the game.  So extra optional bosses maybe a few extra dungeons would be nice.  Some new materia could work as well.  I also hope the make the Golden Saucer really worth while.  Lots of scope to add mini games with some nice rewards

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Darmokk said:

What's the big deal about FF7?

IMHO, my favorite game of all time and certainly the best in the FF series, at the time its world map and the scale of the map and game was huge, compared to games like Witcher 3 now of course it probably doesn't compare but in the day it was in a world of its own. It also has a good story, funny and moving, as well as some genuinly great characters. The mechanics surrounding levelling, materia, weapons, are great and in its time quite revolutionary. http://store.steampowered.com/app/39140/ just remember its age before judging the graphics. (note it is often on sale if you want to wait for a cheaper price)

• Upvote 1

I agree it is, for me, the best game in the series.  There is so much in the game that you can easily finish the game and miss half of what there is to do.  There re even 2 extra characters you can get that are not part of the main story.  They both have some story lines of their own.  There are some great rewards for doing many of the optional things in the game, like Knights of the Round, or getting mastered materia.  Add to that a rally fun and engaging story with twists and turns that will make you laugh and cry.

Yeah the game doesnt look that great by todays standards, but this was a PS One game.  Also there are mods for the PC version that update the graphics some what

4 hours ago, Doro said:

Which one has those monsters you can summon, like Ifreet and shit like that?

Almost all of the games have summons, with the exception of 1 and 2.  In some games they are more important then other.  For example in Final Fantasy 8, the summons, called Guardian Forces, have to assigned to a character.  This allows access to certain abilities and also allows you to junction magic to your stats in order to make you more powerful, with different magics offer different levels of boosts.

In Final Fantasy 7 you just get to summon them to do their attack.  In 10 once they are summoned you can control them just like you control the characters.