LOTROCommunity

The Anti-Rage corner

Wow you really can make anything negative cant you Doro? I can't be bothered trying to make you see something good, it's clear you just want to see the bad in everything. I thought this was the ANTI rage thread, but i guess not...

No need to get upset. I was just saying what I thought about it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Reading today that the Schengen agreement for EU is under some reevaluation for Greece at least and possibly EU as a whole.

Reestablishment of inter-EU border security... Greek EU monetary fiasco... Economic migrants (aka "refugees" for media/politician/SJW types)... Brexit referendum...

EU dies a slow death? Too much oil and water in the EU and not mixing? Germany finally bit off more than EU could chew (or bully or bribe EU members) with the migrant issue?

I've never liked big government...

Yeah there is a possiblity that EU will collapse and cease to exist.

There is big struggle that is starting atm withhin EU, it will either mean that EU will undergo some reformes/changes or it will cease to exist either gradually or fast.

I think it will simply shrink to the original countries, possibly minus Italy and Spain.

A World Fact Right Now(tm) is that you cannot fix screwed up countries. I could elaborate on why I think that is the case but either way there are many reasons for it. Fixes to countries are very rare and take huge effort, let's say Germany after WW2. But even then Germany was politically screwed up then but they were capable and cooperated. You cannot infuse that into other countries.

Greece is currently asking how they should stem the flow of refugees. By sinking the boats?

The biggest problem is that the EU has some great design flaws and politician lying about it.

It's partially a transfer union, to divide wealth more equal between countries. That isn't a problem because it has many long-term advantages, for environment, safety, a better world etc. But what do politicians do? They lie about it, instead of admitting it is true and explaining the advantages of it.

The 2nd part is that every country has a veto on many decisions, so when a country doesn't like a solution that's best for the EU, it can be blocked and that country will still have the advantages. I think the EU should convert to a federal state, with more limited rights for a single country, or cease to exist. The current incarnation doesn't work

1 hour ago, Thrabath said:

The biggest problem is that the EU has some great design flaws and politician lying about it.

It's partially a transfer union, to divide wealth more equal between countries. That isn't a problem because it has many long-term advantages, for environment, safety, a better world etc. But what do politicians do? They lie about it, instead of admitting it is true and explaining the advantages of it.

Maybe there's a reason they lie. That is, they would lose elections because people don't want that.

15 hours ago, Darmokk said:

A World Fact Right Now(tm) is that you cannot fix screwed up countries. I could elaborate on why I think that is the case but either way there are many reasons for it. Fixes to countries are very rare and take huge effort, let's say Germany after WW2. But even then Germany was politically screwed up then but they were capable and cooperated. You cannot infuse that into other countries.

Comparing military conquered countries to an bankrupted country is "bit" of apples and oranges thing.

As for Germany (and Japan) we tend to idealize things a bit, remember what it really took to change those countires and societies.  Millions of males (soldiers) killed, plenty of civilians raped, starved, dead and generally whore country being terrorized, country occupied, and soldiers station there to this day. Then on top of that most of ruling elite being changed and country poured huge amount of money in it.

Incomparable with country that is in economical trouble which many are along history.

2 hours ago, Thrabath said:

That is very idealized view of what EU is.    Transfers of money from core countries (like Germany, Holland,etc) to poorer ones are not exactly free.   Many newer Central Eruropean countries had their economies taken over with majority of trade, banking and media being bought out by capital from those core countries. Same goes for manufacturing industry, with companies being bought over and being often closed or transformed into sub-contractors.  Plenty of money going other way too.

You seem to have very idealistic view of international relations and geopolitics. 

Germany is 3rd biggest exporter in the world, behind China and almost matching USA, while being much less populous country.  It exports 2 x more than Japan which also is bigger country than Germany.      Now more than half of those Germany exports goes into other EU countries.

There is many preety words and general bullshit spread from media to population, but in an essence EU crisis are negotiations between Germany, Benelux Countries and France and everyone else about how internal EU economy & trade should work, because model in which it worked for over a decade is finished, with southern EU counties economies in shambles, Scandinavian countries distancing themself from others, Eastern EU countries being under strain and feeling uneasy and UK growing ambitions.

For me the biggest issue on the EU is the Euro zone and the Euro.  A single currency is a good idea, but with no common economic policy, it was never going to work.

The EU as a whole is a good idea, all it needs is to do is bring itself up to date while keeping the core principles that it was founded on.  Also slow down the expansion.  Let new countries adapt to being in the EU before bringing in more.  The expansion into the east of Europe was too fast.  Also keep stricker controls on new countries joining so we dont get another Greece which lied to get in

• 1 month later...