LOTROCommunity

Update on Transfers/Server Consolidations

Stickeez

It would be nice if people discussed or argued against points made instead of attacking people. A few posters have a habit of insulting people regardless of what they actually wrote, and calling them crazy.

A poster writing something you think is wrong, or having a different view, does not make that person crazy. Calling someone out on what they said, and showing why it is wrong, is much better than name calling and attacking someone's character. 

here's the the thing, nosam...you tend to cherry pick who you aim your self-righteous remarks towards.  Dal can list a bunch of people by name and call them ignorant and you don't bat an eye--and you were an active participant in that particular conversation.

but if i and a few others think he's a bit crazy for having 200+ toons...sorry, 200+ characters slots all of a sudden you want to take the high road.  there is nothing to debate, there is no "wrong"...i just think it's a bit mental.  if you don't like me expressing that particular opinion, by all means report me or put me on ignore. 

Edited by Papi

Doro for starters.  I know a bunch of you do not always agree with what Doro says or his antics on this board, but at times he has made valid points.  If you don't like his comments use the ignore feature. 

Bah, I'm tougher than all that. Keep the fury flying, it feeds me!

Having said that... I seem to have missed where I've been called out. Who's looking for a fooking?

• Upvote 1

My toon count isn't ridiculous.  I didn't say I have 228 characters; I said I am losing 228 slots (19 closing servers x 12 slots per server) in this event, which are, according to Turbine non-transferable to other servers.  If I had at least one slot per character from a closing server that I could transfer to a server that remained open, that would be a good compromise from Turbine.  For them to essentially say "You can keep your characters, but you have to re-buy slots" is something I consider dishonest.

I had full access to the slots holding the characters, with no charge in addition to the original charge, so why ought I not have slots to compensate me for the loss, even if less than 228 but able to accommodate the transfer of all my characters?  In my case, two free slots per server (eight total for the remaining US servers, since I cannot transfer US characters to EU servers) isn't going to be a suitable compromise for me.  There are only three remaining US servers that i could move entire groups of thematically-designed characters to (two groups of six and eight characters, respectively), but one has a reputation for being a bunch of grumps (not trolls, just bearing really bad attitudes), another is receiving a large influx of Windfolians, who are annoyingly insular and opposed to grouping outside their kinships, and one is completely unknown to me.  The two servers that I would very much like to transfer characters to are either mostly full or, in the case of Brandywine, unavailable for the import of characters.

To say that my choices are not meeting the specific needs I have would be accurate.  For Turbine to say that I have to re-buy slots to make my needs work or otherwise "pick-and-choose" which characters I wish to keep playing is rather poor customer service.  So, before you lot start casting aspersions and applying the "guano crazy" rot to me, at least try to read what I'm saying.

My mistake they made it sound like you had 50 toons.  So apologies, i didnt think it sounded crazy even if you did.  I have 20 toons across 3 servers.  I dont expect them to provide me with 228 slots.  The whole server merg thing is causing lots of players grief.  But at least it will be easier to find groups, active pvp, active kins.  If you ask me this did this far too late.  Maybe it should have been done right after HD when the population had its last large drop off.

Bah, I'm tougher than all that. Keep the fury flying, it feeds me!

Having said that... I seem to have missed where I've been called out. Who's looking for a fooking?

I know you are.   I've seen you help players in the past.

You seem to like company when you are putting someone down.

if you can justify making personal attacks on people, by all means keep doing it.

Stop.  Just llike everyone that posts here we are all on an island.  Our opinions aren't the same neither is Papis.  We stand alone when we post.  He isn't looking for backers.  We all get upset when people disagree with us.  It's a natural reaction.  

With that said the whole argument was about the lmb.  Wow seriously?  Even if there server wasn't chosen I'm sure they are organized enough to roll with the changes.  

My toon count isn't ridiculous.  I didn't say I have 228 characters; I said I am losing 228 slots (19 closing servers x 12 slots per server) in this event, which are, according to Turbine non-transferable to other servers.  If I had at least one slot per character from a closing server that I could transfer to a server that remained open, that would be a good compromise from Turbine.  For them to essentially say "You can keep your characters, but you have to re-buy slots" is something I consider dishonest.

I had full access to the slots holding the characters, with no charge in addition to the original charge, so why ought I not have slots to compensate me for the loss, even if less than 228 but able to accommodate the transfer of all my characters?  In my case, two free slots per server (eight total for the remaining US servers, since I cannot transfer US characters to EU servers) isn't going to be a suitable compromise for me.  There are only three remaining US servers that i could move entire groups of thematically-designed characters to (two groups of six and eight characters, respectively), but one has a reputation for being a bunch of grumps (not trolls, just bearing really bad attitudes), another is receiving a large influx of Windfolians, who are annoyingly insular and opposed to grouping outside their kinships, and one is completely unknown to me.  The two servers that I would very much like to transfer characters to are either mostly full or, in the case of Brandywine, unavailable for the import of characters.

To say that my choices are not meeting the specific needs I have would be accurate.  For Turbine to say that I have to re-buy slots to make my needs work or otherwise "pick-and-choose" which characters I wish to keep playing is rather poor customer service.  So, before you lot start casting aspersions and applying the "guano crazy" rot to me, at least try to read what I'm saying.

First, there's probably tons of players in the same boat as you. I, for example, have 13 slots per server. You make it sound like you're in some sort of unique situation.

There's 16 NA servers so you've got 192 slots. 11 are closing but Turbine is giving the remaining 5 an extra 2 slots so you're only losing 122 slots. This leaves you with 70 slots available on the remaining 5 servers.

IF you have over 70 characters from servers in NA then, yeah, you're going to have to make a tough call on which toons to keep and I can understand being a little peeved with how it is working out. If, however, you have less than 70 and you're bitching because you have some hangups about grouping your toons thematically or you've got your nose out of joint because certain people might be on certain servers then I have no sympathy for you. Get over it would be my response.

How many characters do you have on NA servers? Got more than 70?

Edited by FundinStrongarm

First, there's probably tons of players in the same boat as you. I, for example, have 13 slots per server. You make it sound like you're in some sort of unique situation.

There's 16 NA servers so you've got 192 slots. 11 are closing but Turbine is giving the remaining 5 an extra 2 slots so you're only losing 122 slots. This leaves you with 70 slots available on the remaining 5 servers.

IF you have over 70 characters from servers in NA then, yeah, you're going to have to make a tough call on which toons to keep and I can understand being a little peeved with out it is working out. If, however, you have less than 70 and you're bitching because you have some hangups about grouping your toons thematically or you've got your nose out of joint because certain people might be on certain servers then I have no sympathy for you. Get over it would be my response.

How many characters do you have on NA servers? Got more than 70?

Why, if I may ask, are you not counting the EU servers?

Yes, But Brandywine is closed to transfers, so at least for the foreseeable future you are losing those slots...

Well, he can still play all of his toons right now so he hasn't lost any slots. The Brandywine bridge can be crossed when he comes to it. Still leaves him 56 slots on the remaining 4 NA servers.

Why, if I may ask, are you not counting the EU servers?

Because he can transfer to the remaining 5 EU servers. 13 servers going down to 5 (with two extra slots) so loses 86 slots but still has room for 70 EU characters. If he's got more than 70 I understand his problem. If he doesn't then he needs to stop crying about his oh-so-unique-to-him problem. Part of his issue is that he counts all 19 servers that are closing in terms of slots "lost" (not noting that 8 of them are EU servers - which have always been separate from NA servers) and then qvetches that he can't fit all of those lost slots on NA servers.

Edited by FundinStrongarm

Well, he can still play all of his toons right now so he hasn't lost any slots. The Brandywine bridge can be crossed when he comes to it. Still leaves him 56 slots on the remaining 4 NA servers.

Because he can transfer to the remaining 5 EU servers. 13 servers going down to 5 (with two extra slots) so loses 86 slots but still has room for 70 EU characters. If he's got more than 70 I understand his problem. If he doesn't then he needs to stop crying about his oh-so-unique-to-him problem. Part of his issue is that he counts all 19 servers that are closing in terms of slots "lost" (not noting that 8 of them are EU servers - which have always been separate from NA servers) and then qvetches that he can't fit all of those lost slots on NA servers.

But, in terms of losing slots, he's still losing those, as he was never prevented from using them on EU servers. It's account-wide, not server-wide, and there's no distinction whatsoever between EU and NA accounts atm, the only issue is that chars created on EU servers can't be transferred to NA servers and vice-versa.

Currently, I've got 20 slots on each server(with the extra 2 given by Turbine)on my main account. How many am I losing with the loss of servers? (not that you see me whinge about it)

But, in terms of losing slots, he's still losing those, as he was never prevented from using them on EU servers. It's account-wide, not server-wide, and there's no distinction whatsoever between EU and NA accounts atm, the only issue is that chars created on EU servers can't be transferred to NA servers and vice-versa.

Currently, I've got 20 slots on each server(with the extra 2 given by Turbine)on my main account. How many am I losing with the loss of servers? (not that you see me whinge about it)

NA and EU characters have never been able to transfer over to each other. So, lost slots on EU servers would never be able to go to NA servers anyway. Those toons can still play on the remaining EU servers. He's got enough room for 70 toons on NA and 70 for EU. If he has more than that, I feel for him. Otherwise, he can stop whining about it. You don't and neither do most people. Read what he's complaining about. He makes this sound like a special problem unique to him but, really, EVERYONE has the same issue, to one degree or another. Whether you have 5 slots per server or 20, everyone is losing slots. Turbine has given VIP and Premium players 2 more slots on the remaining servers. I think that's fair. I think most do as well.

Oh, I completely agree that he's whinging like a little bitch, but the nitpick in me wanted to address the fact that he was whinging about lost slots in total, not just those on NA servers ;)

Ah okay. My note to him addressed NA servers because I was on my phone at work and didn't want to repeat the similar numbers regarding the EU servers. I think we're agreed on the overall scope of the problem though.

Transfers Begin today for the Remaining Worlds! 8/19/2015

Today the new transfer process officially begins!

With the patch that has gone live this morning, we have made transfers available to players moving between the following worlds. We will be starting with opening the remaining EU world transfers this morning and then will move to remaining US worlds this afternoon.
EU: Laurelin, Gwaihir, Sirannon, Evernight, Belegaer
US: Brandywine (off world only), Gladden, Landroval, Crickhollow, Arkenstone

Transfers between these worlds will be free until October 1st. Transfers to Brandywine are currently not available, but we do intend to make them available in the coming months.

We will be opening transfers off of the closing worlds starting in the next few weeks based off the performance of this initial set.
For details and FAQ regarding the new transfer process and world closures, please see the following article: https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/world-transfers

Thank you,
Athena “Vyvyanne” Peters
Executive Producer”

The patch to the launcher is extremely small/fast.  Only EU worlds are available at this moment (09:40 PDT).  According to Vyvyanne, the US worlds will be available this afternoon. 

Edit: "World Consolidation Giftboxes" have also been delivered to inventory today.

Edit2: (10:50am PDT)  EU worlds available for transfer again.

So many people have been testing the transfer button on the launcher its been causing network and logon issues on some servers. Thus in true Turbine form, they promptly disabled the feature shortly after.

LOTRO @lotro
Due to the current login issues, we have temporarily disabled the transfer service to avoid any unforeseen issues.

So many people have been testing the transfer button on the launcher its been causing network and logon issues on some servers. Thus in true Turbine form, they promptly disabled the feature shortly after.

sigh...this does not bode well.  i tried to transfer one of my toons from Evernight to Laurelin just to try it out and it never happened.  according to the prompt, we are supposed to get an email, etc.  which never happened.

The patch to the launcher is extremely small/fast.  Only EU worlds are available at this moment (09:40 PDT).  According to Vyvyanne, the US worlds will be available this afternoon. 

Edit: "World Consolidation Giftboxes" have also been delivered to inventory today.

Edit2: (10:50am PDT)  EU worlds available for transfer again.

And choosing a "of YOURSERVER" title from the Giftbox awards you 5 TP for every time you do it. In addition to the 2 free character slots, it's just a little more of a consolation prize for those of us who will otherwise be completely unaffected by this change. :P

Why...  this... this cannot be! Nobody plays!

Actually, just my personal observation, it has been quite active on Riddermark for the last two weeks or so.

What terrible luck!

Who could have possibly anticipated this turn of events?! 

55d4c8c597168_zvCw1LK1.thumb.gif.034a76a

lol

And choosing a "of YOURSERVER" title from the Giftbox awards you 5 TP for every time you do it. In addition to the 2 free character slots, it's just a little more of a consolation prize for those of us who will otherwise be completely unaffected by this change. :P

I have no doubt that people on the remaining worlds are already creating burner toons for the 5 tp.  Oh, Turbine, you make it so easy....almost as if it's entrapment.