LOTROCommunity

Update on Transfers/Server Consolidations

Stickeez

fitty, I just created two new chars on my closing server, they haven't turned it off yet.  Make two more quick to help with your housing item overflow!

I see on Riddermark I now have 2 extra character slots but the "create" button is disabled.

Edit: Same situation as Belechannas = was off earlier and is now on. I quickly created 2 more characters. Should help for kinnies more than it does for me. :)

Edited by fittybolger

I see on Riddermark I now have 2 extra character slots but the "create" button is disabled.

Maybe keep trying?  It seems hit or miss but you might catch an "on" window.

Edit: good, maybe they'll keep it on for a while so people can use the two new  free slots.

Edited by warspeech

Maybe keep trying?  It seems hit or miss but you might catch an "on" window.

Edit: good, maybe they'll keep it on for a while so people can use the two new  free slots.

I posted it right away on the kin website just in case it is a Tubine oops and they turn it off again.

"More from Vyv:

We have done extensive analysis of both the current populations and play styles as well as the capabilities of our move, hardware and software."

The heck they did!  As Castorix confirmed, they just went by pop numbers, except in the case of Landroval, which got a "special blessing."

They did say they'd have an RP server in each side (NA and EU). That's better than turning a non-RP server into an RP server, don't you think? At least this way it leaves the RPers where they were so they don't infest everyone else.

Not that I'm any fan of Landy - I'm moving all my characters on that server somewhere else ASAP. Tired of all the tooting every fricking place you turn around.

• Upvote 1

I'm at least happy that Arkenstone is staying. It's my home server and I'd hate to get separated from the friends that still do play. I still log on occasionally between content droughts just to talk with them. Though I feel sad for others who don't get this option.

Also it seems odd to me that Ark is remaining open. It's had a really low population for quite awhile. Makes me wonder exactly how bad it was for all the other servers.

The heck they did!  As Castorix confirmed, they just went by pop numbers, except in the case of Landroval, which got a "special blessing."

Don't know where you get this idea that Landroval got special treatment. They were #3 most popular so of course there gonna stay.

Oh please ...

Actually, the RP servers survived because of their pop, not because of their ruleset, as Turbine simply chose the top 5 servers in each area.  As they were able to keep the NA, EU-EN, and EU-DE they were able to score "brownie" points with those communites because they "saved" them.

It's straight up population, which means only 30-40% of the population will be affected by closing down ~2/3 of the servers.

Castorix has made the charts that basically show this is exactly what Turbine did.

Bye, Bye Eldar. I wont be bothering to install the game to move my Lore-master. Last time i played talent trees did not exist, still dont know what audacity is and essence would just confuse me.

For anyone who's interested before they disappear most of the bragging rights to first raid clearances belonged to Eldar and Elendilmir.

Eldar - The Mellowship Kinship

Elendmir - Preying Mantis Kinship

Oh please ...

Evidence?

For anyone who's interested before they disappear most of the bragging rights to first raid clearances belonged to Eldar and Elendilmir.

Eldar - The Mellowship Kinship

Elendmir - Preying Mantis Kinship

I was in Preying Mantis during Moria/Mirkwood, but I think this is a bit of an exaggeration.

Misadventurers and Firefighters/Vanguard (also on Elendilmir) had about as many world firsts as PM, I'm pretty sure.

From a historic raiding perspective it's a loss that Eldar disappears. I think Eldar was the largest English speaking european raid server - which probably also explains why they have diminished so much - and probably if you see the number of succesfull raid kins one of 'better' servers. I've had a lot of fun there when I raided, though there were also a lot of exploiters on Eldar and the atmosphere was probably a little less nice at several moments because of the rivalry/fairness...

Edited by Thrabath

From a historic raiding perspective it's a loss that Eldar disappears. I think Eldar was the largest English speaking european raid server - which probably also explains why they have diminished so much - and probably if you see the number of succesfull raid kins one of 'better' servers. I've had a lot of fun there when I raided, though there were also a lot of exploiters on Eldar and the atmosphere was probably a little less nice at several moments because of the rivalry/fairness...

Yeah, Eldar wasa great raiding server back in the day, but with that came a lot of drama and a few "toxic" players. Ever since the decision to stop making quality group content Eldar has become a really small server.

I may be in for a rough transfer though, it looks likely that my kinship (that I played with since I started Lotro January 2009) will move to Evernight, and that the people I do T2Cs with will move to Laurelin... Nothing set in stone yet, but I might have to make a really tough decision.

Some very famous pvp'ers from Laurelin such as Erlo who moved to Eldar as the Ettens action was far better and who have since re-rolled back on Laurelin. 

I mean I get it that a lot of people don't like landy because of LMB.

But saying that landy got a special blessing is just wrong. It is the only RE server on the US side and it has the numbers to be top 5. 

I do agree that landy would have remained even if it was below the top 5 but that is just not the case anyway.

For the record i do not actively play on landy although I have chars there like a lvl 10 or so and never participated in an rp event there.

Landroval is not even a proper RP server - rather the fake-RP there is most in the form of "Hi De Hi" butlins-style events set out to strict timetables. Anyone in doubt just take a look at the LMB website. Thankfully the RP on Laurelin is about as far removed from that style as one could get.