LOTROCommunity

Update on Transfers/Server Consolidations

Stickeez

That's my experience. Do I want to go and roll a char on Landroval and get to know the rest of the kins? Not really? But when one sees events such as Weatherstock presented by Turbine as the only example of "roleplay" to get publicity when so much more happens on Laurelin then perhaps I do get rather annoyed with how that kin has behaved. But hey, let me know next time when my point of view is acceptable to you.

no offence, B...but if that is the limit of your "experience" (your perception of how Turbine treats Weatherstock) then i have to agree, with Spite...your kinda talking out of your ass on this one.  it even sounds like your a bit jealous that landroval gets more attention than laurelin, which is a bit silly wouldn't you say?

no offence, B...but if that is the limit of your "experience" (your perception of how Turbine treats Weatherstock) then i have to agree, with Spite...your kinda talking out of your ass on this one.  it even sounds like your a bit jealous that landroval gets more attention than laurelin, which is a bit silly wouldn't you say?

In some respects it's not about being jealous but being a little resentful of the exposure that Landroval gets - especially so in the past under the old CM - at the expense of the other RP communities. Is it due to a inherent pro-US server bias on the part of Turbine? Who knows. But from my viewpoint it is somewhat irritating, though not quite on the par of my irritation as to some of Turbine's decisions on the direction of the game. But still, thanks for the insult!!

Thanks Warspeech, for doing this and reporting back. I'm a bit concerned about losing items from my houses. Guess I'll go through them to find all the bound decor and send them to the alts who own them just in case.

I think I'll do the same - I tried another transfer last night, of one of my kin leaders, and that transfer got an error, with no indication of what the error was in the email I got afterwards.

I think I may even do as Beanie did and clear out all my houses beforehand, so I know for sure where all the housing items are.  I don't think I'll abandon the house, though, since I don't want to have to pay for the housing chests again.  The transfer  announcement says you'll get the same amount of house storage on the new server as part of the move, so I'll take a chance that that part at least actually works.

But I don't trust the housing items escrow, esp. since as RedMaggu mentioned earlier, the housing part of the new transfer system isn't part of the testing on BR.

• Upvote 1

Sad to see Snowbourn close. I find it odd though that there is only 1 non-RP English speaking server for the EU. In our kin we have people from all over Europe that want to play on an English speaking server, I assume it is the same for the other closing EU servers. I think there will be a huge migration to Evernight which could potentially cause a lot of lag issues given how LotRO currently fails to cope with high populations.

Ah, I checked my character names on the different servers and got sad that my main name was 'hijacked' 3 days ago on Evernight. Just noticed that I hijacked it myself on another account to make sure it would be available :P

ROFL thanks for the chuckle. :)

I have made so many account names my head is swimming as well.

In some respects it's not about being jealous but being a little resentful of the exposure that Landroval gets - especially so in the past under the old CM - at the expense of the other RP communities. Is it due to a inherent pro-US server bias on the part of Turbine? Who knows. But from my viewpoint it is somewhat irritating, though not quite on the par of my irritation as to some of Turbine's decisions on the direction of the game. But still, thanks for the insult!!

You're being awfully defensive here. I can't even perceive where Papi's insult lies. And you have been talking out your ass. You appear to have an agenda, which I assume(although perhaps incorrectly) is derived from the same hatred that people around here like Danthalion, etc. have towards Landroval based on their hatred for a single kinship that happens to play there- LMB.

I had to google "Butlins". Hilarious.

Go into world little by little, and usually within 5 minutes you've got about 5 people on ignore. Shut world off, regain the IQ points you've lost and try again later. There are a lot of people who have no idea they have a kin chat I think, so they use world as it.

Go into world little by little, and usually within 5 minutes you've got about 5 people on ignore. Shut world off, regain the IQ points you've lost and try again later. There are a lot of people who have no idea they have a kin chat I think, so they use world as it.

Oh we had one nutter on Snowbourn who made a habit of saying 'Goodnight Middle-earth' every single time they logged off. Either they couldn't work out how to make a private channel or they were so arrogant to think anyone gave a shit.

Oh we had one nutter on Snowbourn who made a habit of saying 'Goodnight Middle-earth' every single time they logged off. Either they couldn't work out how to make a private channel or they were so arrogant to think anyone gave a shit.

If it is the same person I am thinking of, she still does this, or at least she was a few months back when I last logged in.

Edited by Laurinaohtar

but, but, watching the idiots in /world is basically the only end-game left

If it is the same person I am thinking of, she still does this, or at least she was a few months back when I last logged in.

Probably is. I can't remember her name, though. She was an irritating minstrel that would organise 'picnics' in the middle of the Ettens and then kick off when someone dared attack them.

We have at least 5 of those people... well, that aren't on my ignore at least.. probably more.

Probably is. I can't remember her name, though. She was an irritating minstrel that would organise 'picnics' in the middle of the Ettens and then kick off when someone dared attack them.

You guys wouldn't happen to be talking about the OP of this thread on the OF, would you? A mini from Snowbourn, I believe. Quite irritating imo.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?573998-Change-all-remaining-server-names-only-fair-thing-to-do

You guys wouldn't happen to be talking about the OP of this thread on the OF, would you? A mini from Snowbourn, I believe. Quite irritating imo.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?573998-Change-all-remaining-server-names-only-fair-thing-to-do

Nope, not that one. I think it started with an 'm' or something.

Edit: took some time, but I fucking hunted it down. Mians.

• Upvote 1

LOL at that thread, by the way.

It's frightening how many people lack even the most rudimentary ability to reason.

Such a ridiculous thread. Her reasons for want the server name changes are absurd. There was another thread she had going in General Discussion begging them to close down Evernight instead of Snowbourn.

Anyone who disagrees is a "hater" or is "bullying" her. I know the OF is bad, but I wasn't aware it had been reduced to this low of a level.

Such a ridiculous thread. 

I know the OF is bad, but I wasn't aware it had been reduced to this low of a level.

majority of the people posting are disagreeing with her and pointing out her...well, lack of reason.  so i think that says something good about the OF that it still has some sane people over there.  she has been--by far--the craziest to post in regards to the server closures.

the woman has a long history of crazy, on eldar she refused to heal (minstrel) in any fellowship or raid (her toon name was savyl). once the majority of folks refused to group with her she made the move to snowbourn.  apparently she went crazy a few days ago in world chat when she heard about the closure.

Oh god. Why did I click on that link... reading that name just recalled such an awful lot of written down idiocy and clueless nonsense. That person is even more of a failure than the aged couple and the driveller of words.

Now I need to kill more mobs in Diablo III to make the memory disappear again.

SNy