LOTROCommunity
Tinker

Project: Gorgon

Have any of you played Project Gorgon yet? Apparently it's a class-less, level-less fantasy game on Kickstarter. A friend told me it's quite playable already, especially for a game that's still in pre-Alpha. I'm intrigued by the concept of a discovery-based game rather than the typical linear questing. Not sure how that would work, but I may give it a try.   

Project Gorgon

Ticks too many of my 'do not touch' boxes. Kickstarter? Check. Pretends it's level-less but has levels (like TSW)? Check. Looks just like all the indie-project, free MMOs already out there (like Planeshift)? Check. Thinks it's doing something innovate when it isn't? Check.

Game about going into various places to grind mobs to up endless amount of skills? (and I would assume LOT of crafting)

Does it have breakthrough AI?

Does it have great combat?

That's what I thought.

Also it looks like indie MMORPG on a indie budget and that is not a compliment.  I mean that is nothing bad, some indie games are great, but I am really not interested in indie MMORPGs specifically anymore.

Edited by drul

Looked at some gameplay videos. Looks pretty bad - even if the basic core ideas might be good - such as exploration without quest hubs.